Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

karmicknight literally only posts when something tjpw adjacent is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did you find this gif in 2004

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

When did calling the WWE "the Fed" become some kind of cardinal sin committed only by the most heinous and detestable trolls lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I dont think that guy wanted answers to his "question", i think he wanted people to come out of the woodwork to agree with him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Starting to think this guy isnt just sticking up for some random poor bastard who was mistreated by the trolls!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just think people should react to being told that their gripes are weird and possibly not based in reality in some way other than having a big fit about Thread Bullies and Toxic Posting Culture

Alaois fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 2, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

i used to get some really weird PMs from a now banned goon because i posted my appreciation for (then) cody rhodes and (currently) britt baker

the britt baker derangement syndrome is the real issue with the aew thread that should be addressed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Whats the "Britt Baker Derangement Syndrome"? Is it that britt baker isnt that good? I do not think that is a derangened opinion solely from this forum or even people acting in bad faith elsewhere on the internet believe. there are people that believe she didnt step up from her character that was chasing the title and actually regressed both in ring and character wise & that there are much better in ring wrestlers that AEW employees than her. i do not think its a questionable or bad faith opinion for people to have. This is not me saying people that like Britt are wrong, this is more a post about how wrestling as a whole is a genre of entertainment more similar to fictional shows where people will enjoy characters more than others and dislike other characters more than others and posters should understand that not every take is in bad faith or an attack against what they like which should provoke them into the need to disprove the others opinion, unless the other posters opinion is very abrasive.

I'm talking about the people who's opinions on Britt Baker transcend from "I don't think she's a good wrestler" to trying to implicate her as being a bad person in real life and how she's singlehandedly and knowingly ruining AEW's women's division with her ego

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that guy should be chain probated on sight

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

People deserve the right to write the phrase “CM Peepee got milkshake duck’d by Precious Uwu Baby Hangman” six times a day to raucous applause if they so wish and I deserve the right to never have to read it ever again.

i solved that issue by not reading the weekly aew threads anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Like, what is this subforum's obsession with Trev? He's got some stupid weird ban in place where he's not actually banned and hangs over the place like a ghost. Just ban him properly and move on. If somebody posts his tweets in the bad takes thread, who cares? That's what it's there for. If you're gonna probe people for posting Rovert tweets than you may as well do the same for whenever Dave or SRS vague post in their tweets.

his account isnt banned from SA, he just isnt allowed to post in this subforum which is much funnier because his brain is so hosed up and toxified he cant or wont post about anything other than wrestling so he might as well be banned from the whole website

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe grey forums shouldn't have IK contests

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Junpei is moderator of two different subforums and posts less in both of them in a year than most people post in one thread in a month

at least this sub has multiple mods and iks, she's the only blue star in RGD

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I support the PSP Guest Host era

better idea: train random non-PSP posters to PSP for a week and give them IK powers

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sometimes I feel like I am posting in a completely different forum than others based on how this place is described sometimes

the joy of a place where many different people can share their perspectives is that other people can read people describe what they see and experience and think "what the gently caress alternate world is that person living in"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

We're going to hunt down , and kill, the last of the epic rereg guy accounts.

Now this is a plan of action i can stand behind

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If someone posted at me and used a word like sealioning, I would probably correctly assume that they were a twitter-brained freak.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

it's just an odd sentiment to me personally because there are plenty of people who actually watch and enjoy wwe (bad crap) but nobody really cares. i guess whoever bought those saudi avatars cared but it's just an avatar at the end of the day. the only people who have really been jumped on in my recent memory are the permabanned rereg guy who was obviously just trolling the entire time but our 37 mods took a while to catch up to the rest of the thread. i don't think there should be an expectation to post any take or thought you have and be able to avoid pushback, but i tend to see people who get pushed back on see it more as an affront to their person and character rather than w/e thing they said. not that it never happens of course :razzy: i just don't see it as pervasive or anything. perhaps my privilege coming to light being on the inside of the secret groups.

yeah i said this the last time the epic rereg guy was whining about being attacked by the brutal AEW trolls but like, nobody cares when people like Codependent Poster or Intruder or other normal people post about watching wwe, its always just some freaks who post completely out of pocket poo poo and then their heads explode when the response isnt everyone patting them on the back and admitting their minds have been changed completely

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

This is a wild swing. I don't post anything else in the forum because of the state folk got into from my very first non-positive AEW post as a new fan in 2021 to the CM Punk arguments. I posted when Jay Briscoe died and mis-interepreted the "Let's Say gently caress Cornette A Lot" thread for a "post anything from Cornette here" thread. I don't live on PSP and I'm not into wrestling as much as most on here, so a lot of the context of why people reacted the way they did was pretty aggravating. I got pissed off to be attacked just posting a story about one of my favourite wrestlers who died like 2 days before, I fell down a silly rabbit hole of arguments.

Today someone literally brought me up in the thread and I responded (which wasn't "going to bat" for anyone but myself, really). All I saw was a bunch of confirmation bias in those clips and being judged and talked about without being engaged in the conversation made me want to say something. I didn't expect the amount of weird posts to me or about me, but it's poo poo that this sort of thing flies okay on here, hours have passed without any kind of mod intervention. Jumping from TVIV or the Cinema Discusso to here is a strange experience, AEW fans have been coddled and made to feel like they have the right to run roughshod over all discerning opinion on their precious TV show, and that's a feeling I had before I started listening to Cornette. I wouldn't have posted anything today if someone had just let sleeping dogs lie, but here we are.

Use the ignore function and just don't talk about me or interact with my rare posts on here when I make them, it's simple stuff. The way this place was modded today was poo poo, I don't think you need to worry about seeing much of me anyway.

see this is a great example of why this guy should be killed (metaphorically, in the forum ban sense)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Can we take a moment to ban Elephant Ambush while we’re at it.

no the current solution is much more fun

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fez_machine posted:

here's some feedback I would rather the feedback thread was not used to import epa poo poo in to PSP or become an EPA-lite

your fyad lite wrestling forum is dead and no one cares to read or post in it

suck it up and don't poo poo up PSP with it

Gonna cry?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Did the guy who toxxed a perma for punk’s return get his just desserts yet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wood paneling ftw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Rename the sub "Matt Taven's Mat Tavern"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

do NOT post about your dating lives

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and surely there's more Dutch organized crime happening that can be posted in the kickboxing thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mekchu posted:

be the change you want to see

if i had access to first-hand reporting of Dutch organized crime I wouldn't need the kickboxing thread!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trying posted:

New name does don’t pop at all, extremely disappointed in all of you

don't blame me, i voted for Takeshi Kitano's Outrage

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think more people should be blown up in explosions

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

You're never gonna be able to get people who used to love something and think it has become significantly worse to agree to disagree with people who think it's still good. That's not how people work, or at least, it's not how the people here work. The former group feels betrayed by the thing and annoyed that their feelings aren't being taken seriously by the latter group and the latter group is annoyed that the former group keeps trying to piss all over their good time and appears to exist in a completely alternate reality from them. It is just not a situation that's going to lead to positive interactions.

The only person I can give meaningful advice to in this situation is Erin and that advice is "run".

we're all trying to find the guy who did this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i do just have opinions to make people mad :mrgw:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shine get his rear end

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

it's six hours

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

What if we finally named it Matt Taven's Mat Tavern?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CM Junk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

didn't one of the cry guys go to jail for cheating on his wife

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

You people dont know what a bad thread with rancid vibes is until you regularly read the F1 thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Another QCS crew brigade 😒

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If there is any big tent position that can unite the AEW thread its that Smarxist should be killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toilet world!!!!!!