Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

For someone to finally ban Oatgan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

Oh, that reminds me. A little while back, there was discussion in the feedback thread about the subforum having a bit of a 'bad vibes' problem that people were having difficulty pinning down. How do people feel things have gone since then? Better? Worse?

I’m having a good time personally

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Trying posted:

I think ironically accusing a wrestler of being a Chud is totally played out as a joke.

Someone look into Trying’s twitter likes please

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Man, whatever happened to that Stone Cold 64 guy who mysteriously disappeared? I wish he still posted here. He was god's favorite IK.

What I personally wanna know is what happened to the guy who made all those JR videos for us? This forum went to hell in a hand basket after he left.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think that if someone makes a joke post and someone flips out about it, the flipper outer should be told soothing things like “chill out dog” and not assume the joking post was an attempt to troll.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That situation grossly overestimated how much I plan on apologizing for my words and deeds in the future. Shard has exclusive NineNunb apology rights. To all else I’m still the bastard from hell.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think the closest thing we have to toxic posting here are the people who make pissy, thinly veiled whine posts against their posting enemies. But even then it’s relatively infrequent and easy to ignore. I love posting with my friends about pro wrestling.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dude, the flip side of this is that you get really meant to people when they say stuff about Mox and can be the text book definition of "can dish it out but can't take it". Sometimes the sincere posts are good, sometimes they're predicting how poo poo future shows that have not happened yet will be because of something that's happened to Mox and disagreeing with that is called troll posting.

There is no getting around the fact that if you go into a public space, get on a soap box and tell everyone your opinion that they will respond in ways you can't control.

Edit: Your reading of the WWE thread is also kind of just wrong, it's changed a lot since there are alternatives and people hungry for wrestling are not hate watching it in hopes of getting some dregs.

Yeah the lashing out against people who don’t love exactly what you love thing needs to end.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Agreed.

Make me the IK of the NJPW thread so I can give sixers to anyone who criticises Tetsuya Naito tia

Hard veto, ticket closed, Kenta is a hero for what he did

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brut posted:

Oh not the lists of names again

Lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I thought the responses to that guy were fine. I’ve seen his posts before, here and elsewhere, and they’re almost always Like That.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hate the word scrote. Feels bad to read and to say it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think one source of animosity on the forum is that there is one camp who engages in the tribalistic “my guy is better than your guy” posting because it’s fun, while the other camp is genuinely getting angry that people like the wrestler that they don’t.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pepe and Sheldon, respectively

Send me to jail for posting them idgaf

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

I'm a bi dude and thought the joke was funny which is why I didn't report it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PROPOSITION: a separate CM Punk Derangement Containment thread for the people who want to post about how much they either love or hate CM Punk at all hours of the day, so that the AEW thread could potentially cover other topics.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

In my eyes Derangement Syndrome doesn’t mean “liking someone I don’t like”, it means “I am preoccupied either positively or (most likely) negatively with this professional wrestler and it’s the only thing I wish to talk about”.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People deserve the right to write the phrase “CM Peepee got milkshake duck’d by Precious Uwu Baby Hangman” six times a day to raucous applause if they so wish and I deserve the right to never have to read it ever again.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

On the contrary, I think any thread that doesn’t contain one Meltzer tweet per page should be gassed

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People are too quick to jump into fights around here, too much animosity. I think it’s time the AEW thread implements the Gen Thread’s “say good morning and good night to each other” self-imposed rule. It turned an already great thread into a real, genuinely positive community.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’ll stop posting about Derangement Syndromes when people stop being genuinely deranged about certain wrestlers.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There’s no reason to ever toxx. They don’t give you a prize if you win! If you win a toxx they should have to give you a $5 Applebees gift card.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s the holiday season, and I will not rest until at least one lucky goon receives an Applebees gift card on the company dime.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

i love a good toxx, i'll confirm mine right now

what does $5 get you at applebee's?

Go during half priced apps and the world is your oyster

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

do they have oysters?

God help us all if they ever do

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Free EMF

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

None of this would have happened if Stone Cold 64 had rigged the contest in my favor like I had suggested to them

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please rethink this, we can’t have someone so flagrantly anti-film in a position of power.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make me the IK of the Gen Thread so I can prevent any more flagrant anti-film rhetoric from further poisoning our found family.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brut posted:

Probably busy :shrug:, do you feel like the forum is undermoderated as a result?

It’s a little silly for someone to be a mod for a community they’ve shown comically no interest in participating in.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I solemnly promise to not go mad with power against anyone who isn’t Iggy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If EMF has a million friends, then I'm one of them.
If EMF has one friend, then I'm that one.
If EMF has no friends, that means I'm dead.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Ornate Jackets are currently in possession of Vince McMahon, to whom our friend is currently the Waylon Smithers of. We’ll all receive them once the Saudi deal is finalized and EMF is announced as the new Raw General Manager.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I genuinely feel the Wangman is conducting himself Weepily

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

is there an actionable resolution we’re seeking here or does it boil down to “stop making posts I don’t like reading”?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

there's like 70 to 200 people browsing the forum all the time. if the argument is that most of these people read the threads and shake their heads in disgust because they can't have good wrestling discussion, then first of all that's more than enough people to fulfill the dream somewhere. why it has to be here i don't know. if there's a sense of ownership or longing to use this place and boot out the jagoffs or make them fall in line, then present your case to hand knit or someone in a sensible way. point out exactly how much better a forum it is if they would force people to stop being silly and to permit only the most "readable" impassioned wrestling love letters. entrust one another with writing out some example posts that you'd make if you felt it would be worthwhile. as it is, there are like 3 or 4 posts a week of someone insulting another person and going to this well of justice to act like it's warranted. there's no discussion to be had about this because every time someone brings it up they are acting as agents of how things must be and saying the majority of users are in a group together. a group that is willfully keeping this place bad. it's not reasonable. It reads much more like you enjoy insulting the people who post here first and foremost and don't really care that much about the rest. prove me wrong or stop it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

The enclosed pool area is also back if you really need to talk about masturbating to wrestlers, I guess.

This is how I find out

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is how I've thought about the forums for a while now, even before becoming a mod.

This is such a silly thing we all like and this is such a silly place to spend :10bux: to talk about it. I probably sound like a broken record, but I just wish the forums (the AEW threads especially) could chill a bit and have a good time talking about wrestling in a more sincere way. I, too, get tired of the endless "number bad", "weepy wangman", etc. stuff. Not like I haven't made these types of posts/jokes before, but man do they get run into the ground here in an unusual way.

I also hope that the people who feel like they've been run out of threads because people jumped on them for having an opinion and made them feel uncomfortable come back to the threads and can post without feeling that same way again.

At the end of the day, it's wrestling. It's just wrestling. And unless there are secret wrestlers on the forums (hello Kane, hello Tony Khan) then we really have no skin in the game and probably shouldn't care quite as much as we do.

I dunno. Just typing into the void and hoping we can have better forums that are fun for more people and easier for new folks to get into.

What’s your stance on the phrase Pissbaby, which gets posts nine to ten times more than Weepy Wangman?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Asking for proof of a damning declarative statement, chudly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They’re funny, they should get rid of that rule