Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was right, to my dismay

EMF if it gives you any solace when you posted that Cody was losing a few weeks ago I believed you because I too predicted this and been attacked for my knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tao of lmao posted:

I would like to propose we reintroduce the rule that says you have to screengrab tweets.

Let's not, if a tweet gets deleted who cares, tweets are ephemeral. We can embed tweets it's silly to have a rule requiring a screenshot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Can we rename the forum The Hammer House in honor of Mark Coleman who is currently fighting for his life after rescuing his parents from their burning home?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you want to honor the greatest wrestler of all time and Sting it should be

The Hammer House: Sting's Squadron

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

Thanks Tommy Dreamer for giving "hammer" a completely different meaning when I think of it in pro wrestling context.

Completely changes the forum title lol

This is the only thing you should think of when you think of Hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tao of lmao posted:

Also a pain in the rear end: trying to read a thread full of broken twitter embeds.

I have seen that function break maybe twice, meanwhile taking the screenshot and then hosting it takes more time than copying and pasting a link and that has considerably more functionality for video and multi photo posts which a screenshot can't really capture.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Twice? What a blessed life you live.

Also, something awful has attachments and that doesn't seem a huge hurdle to jump if you're posting anyway.

That is, unless you're just trying to spam tweets in a po--ah yes, the AEW OP.

Maybe they fixed it post Lowtax but the forums file attachments barely ever worked for me so I never bother using it because I always ended up having to use something else.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Why? It’s true

It makes light of what actually happened and is probably a less effective way of getting across the message that WWE has permitted a culture of sexual assault, trafficking, abuse, misconduct and retaliation for four decades. I wouldn't say that whole thing any time I was disgusted with a person who doesn't care but I do think "rape factory" is not the way to get the point across. It's very flippant.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Is it purely a matter of language? Would you prefer "the assault company" or "the abuse company"?

Frankly I think if you actually want to make a point about something so serious and you think someone is supporting WWE by watching the product and posting about it (which they are) you should take the time to say what you mean rather than try to distill it down to a phrase that looks like it is out of 2002 GBS.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Come on you’ve been calling it the big trump fundraiser for years

I don't think using a flippant term about the company donating record amounts to the Trump Foundation and the company's profits being funneled into the Trump campaigns and PAC is on the same level as being flippant about widespread sexual abuse. I know people make lots of Epstein and other jokes, and it probably shouldn't be something people get probation for but I do think it is in bad taste.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why not? TKO is what paid Vince recently with the stock buybacks and they aren't just generating money from WWE content. They own the territory and WCW archives and UFC PPV have to be giving them a good chunk of change.

The main difference is UFC fans on here do genuinely hate Dana White already and UFC management weren't actively collaborating with Vince McMahon on his cover up as Nick Khan was or overlooking what happened as Stephanie McMahon did. So people are significantly more disgusted by the side of the company that continues to be populated by people who participated in this scheme, and many others who took part in or covered up abuse for decades. UFC is connected to TKO, but given WWE is directly run by people involved a sex trafficking cover up, they are directly tied. Hell, Nick Khan appeared on WWE TV just a few days ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

It is not bad faith to point out this hypocrisy. It doesn't matter which asset generates the money if the money still goes to Vince whi h seems to be a good portion of people's problem.

If you are one of the people generating the money for Vince McMahon, it is in fact bad faith to pretend you are making a good faith suggestion. I have never seen someone act so victimized because people made fun of them in a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I do not support a forum ban even though his posts are pretty bad.