Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
This is only a half joking post because I've got no other real feedback but would it be possible to make a thread with an IK that changes based on the current latest poster that we can crown the PSP Ironmetal Hardcore 24/7 Idiot King

I guess in the end that just turns into the current idiot king probing the previous one for 6 hours but it was a fun idea for a minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Each post earns you 1/500th of a bitcoin, counter resets every 24 hours.
That's forty bucks a post

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

IGgy IGsen posted:

PSP currently has no rules.

Maybe make good rules. Keep the good ones throw out the bad ones. The no hornyposting one was good. I liked that one.
From what I've gathered the unwritten rules are

Don't be openly horny, nobody wants to know what you're into.
Keep people with awful opinions like Cornette quarantined
Don't post people who probably have real issues in the bad opinions thread
Try not to dog-pile on people who are being sincere. When they aren't, don't pile on too hard

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Anyone who had Death Triangle vs Best Friends as the finals should definitely become a mod. I don't think anyone predicted it but that's what we're getting.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

karmicknight posted:

Went back and checked on this, turns out no one did.
I had to go back and check and they were on different brackets and could've become the finals. How many predicted Best Friends or Death Triangle as champions?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I don't understand how people can even keep up with the AEW thread since every day when I check it there's 10+ new pages and people post in the thread like it's their full-time job

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nea posted:

I genuinely wish people would really stop with the CM punk fat jokes. just feels lovely, plenty of reasons to dislike and make fun of the guy that aren't lovely about fat people
The joke is that he isn't fat

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

if this forum had problems with obese people they'd be making fun of legitimately obese people but the only person I ever see getting made fun of is tyrus

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Telling anyone to stop doing something on this website is just going to make them do it even more because if there's one thing posters hate more than CM Punk its other posters

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This is probably the most 100% correct post that's ever been made on these here forums
Well yeah the most anyone can hope to get a reaction out of CM Punk is by starting a Colt Cabana chant at a show but if you antagonize people on the forums you get immediate reactions and that dopamine rush so on this forum we're all just being as petty as The Elite and CM Punk are towards each other because it's fun

Except the Elite and Punk have a reason to work together to make a lot of money so they can put their differences aside. We all paid to be on this website so we're the losers paying to be mad at each other

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eat My Fuc posted:

Everyone does this to Cody, no one cares because he’s a traitor to the good billionaire.
Nobody does this to Cody, they just laugh at him over his humiliation fetish and hubris to think he'd be the exception in WWE

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I feel really bad about piling onto people who are going through some kind of bad emotional response to the internet but I'll never understand why when called a bad poster some people decide to double or triple down on it and start picking fights with the entire forum. at some point you've either got to decide the place you're on is toxic and you should just leave quietly or realize you're the one that's a problem

sometimes it can be both i guess

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

every time I wander outside of PSP or the MLB threads there's so much insane grudges I don't understand or care about. People get cheeky over the CM Punk/Elite stuff but not enough to make me mad about seeing it so if you're picking a new mod for PSP make it controversial so I can watch the drama. Please and thanks

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if its not them then... well.. what cna i say
how do you even find this place accidentally, at least I heard about it from all the really old memes on the internet/college friends and let's plays. if you were to search "wrestling forums" or "places to talk about wrestling" it probably isn't going to show up until ten pages deep on google if at all

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

projecthalaxy posted:

Just out of curiosity, I googled "wrestling forums" on incognito and it didn't make the first four pages, but it was mentioned on the first result, a squaredcircle thread about where other wrestling forums are so :shrug:
somethingawful is behind a paypall too tho idk if i'd have ever randomly clicked on here and decide "yeah paying $10 just to see what's here" was a good idea

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

edogawa rando posted:

Make IGgy IGsen mod
also known as the office

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I don't know Penguin personally but I'd chalk it up to being more socially oblivious than malicious. Either way they're never going to escape being the person who put up missing connection posters and banned off a dating app so sometimes being banned is better. Don't bring Penguin to the Boneyard Semetary

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

idk i feel like you gotta try to get banned off tinder, you gotta work for that one
I just re-read everything again and my interpretation is Penguin is someone who's neurodivergent and oblivious or someone who is unhinged but somewhat self-aware but in either case probably needs a therapist and break from the forums where everyone's calling for the guillotine. You can't come back from this people are always going to remember. either way

With the deepest regrets, and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear that their modship just croaked

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I'm sorry tranfortball but I dont think being weird and putting up fliers is a crime in the usa, maybe it is but it isn't here. oversharing isn't a crime either but you should never do that unless you're ready to be made fun of for years. we wont know if penguin did anything extra strange or illegal until they post their dating app logs

but you shouldnt stalk your dates from apps we can agree on that but maybe penguin didnt know that, maybe they're from the artic where things are different

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

ah, turns out Penguin Patrol has been perma-banned I was wrong in the end.

Make yea ok a mod because I believe he will do his best to do absolutely nothing

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

never let anyone on the internet know when you're getting mad about something, that's where most of the arguments start. The people who are posting ironic stuff most of the time will keep poking people until they go off, usually on someone else who always posts seriously. just never show goons weakness, goons are feral animals. don't make eye contact

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

If all joy has left your life the only thing left to do is be mildly antagonistic and get a posting gimmick on a small corner of the internet just to make a couple people chuckle. Should never be at the expense of other people tho even if they're extremely serious about posting about wrestling on the internet

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you can watch quantum of phallus get his rear end kicked every tuesday and thursday on SAW
too many ads on twitch, sorry

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

The true fans of unpopular wrestlers are stanning over Stevie Richards, Damien 666, and Paul Burchill to this day

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Also I don’t think AEW Mecca thread being a space for people to vent about people “in the main thread” is very productive either if we’re putting vibes on trial again
every vibe should have their own thread and only be allowed to interact with one another once a year for vibe supremacy

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

KungFu Grip posted:

Do think AEW Mecca thread need thicker skin. genuinely dont remember when people still posted about WWE if posters ever complained enough to make a separate thread when people didnt like other parts of the show, people just rolled with the posts and discussed the shows. Maybe that was the Randy Orton Man Love Lockerroom, i dont know
this happened like two weeks ago

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

KungFu Grip posted:

theres a real and active "Please Be Nice About WWE itt" thread right now complaining about people being too mean about a wrestling promotion?
There was a real plea to stop people from coming into the WWE thread to make fun of it, yes. nobody made a thread though.

I'm not trying to be condescending or anything but just don't read the mecca thread if it bothers you

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

projecthalaxy posted:

Is it really an AEW mecca thread until a certain "forum superstar" fakes their death
does the mma betting guy who got caught because of xbox live count or do we need a different one

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe I should start another splinter thread

People who think AEW is too normie and isn't for real fans anymore, is that anything
that's just the joshi and puro threads

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

KungFu Grip posted:

i'm going by what other posters in this thread are saying. i probably posted once in the thread and thats the only other time i've looked at it. If people really want to make the AEW Positivity Only Please thread their new home they shouldnt complain about the people posting in the AEW Discussion thread for discussing the good and the bad that exists in the promotion.
I'm being sincere when asking you if you realize you're doing the same thing they are by complaining about them

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

when there's no thread left in (aew) hell, the goons will walk the (aew weekly thread)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

Is there a thread to talk and ask questions about old wwe? Or should I just use the WWE thread?
you should create a nostalgia WWE thread and I'd post in it too, been thinking about how WWF almost used the Michinoku Pro guys in a serious attempt to rival WCW's Lucha-based cruiserweights and thought it'd be fun to talk about

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Just make a "Old WWE Thread: Get the F in" topic and let people talk about old WWF wrestling, like anything. You'll learn a lot from other posters just recalling niche things when they were younger and there's currently a WCW topic that's lasted longer on SA than WCW itself did so why not

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus you can be like "hey remember the nexus" and people will and that means you haven't wasted your life
Yeah! Sometimes I just want to talk about how cool the Hurricane vs Paul Burchill feud was

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

fez_machine posted:

What I want out PSP is for more people to vote in The Greatest Match Since 2019 Tournament thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053086

Currently the WON Award Best Match of 2021 and *****3/4 rated Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks Cage Match is losing to that DDT match where they had to avoid breaking a light tube
because the light tube match was better OP

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

It's poetic that the WWE thread has become just as unreadable as the product is unwatchable. They deserve each other

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I don't think we need a Stand Up for the WWE thread because it sucks as a product already, but I agree with EMF that two pages of calling people rape apologists is a step too far and dog piling on the poster who said they had friends in western Australia who gets one show a decade at best and only wanted to see the goth from Instagram is a bit much.

WWE is the worst mainstream product as is, we shouldn't bully people out of PSP just because they liked one thing in the WWE, we should just show them the other 100 something hours of wrestling every week that's better and less problematic.

Like drat, if all they really love are entrances there's 10 years of the Japanese indies doing a New Year's event with 100+ man rumbles with plenty of mainstream music you can pop over

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

We can probably argue about it for pages and pages and I'm never going to intentionally go out of my way to spoil something but if it's already happened and aired I still think it should be up to the individuals to side with caution when interacting with SA/any other social media instead of on the posters to spoil tag everything on a live show that happened 8, 12, 24 hours prior.

The only things that really need spoilers are shows that are filmed/taped ahead of time that haven't aired yet and usually that's not an issue because nobody watches TNA or NWA regularly enough to get mad about spoilers

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

what the hell man

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i am going to spoil NWA and TNA results that'll put butts in the seat
jokes on you the only person that posts tna spoilers is also the only person on psp that follows the product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I want to see the evolution of the CSPAM posters getting into Puro/Joshi or Lucha