Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Place is good because the majority of posters are funny, insightful, or both. Some posters are too desperate to get laughs at all costs. It's bound to happen but can derail things sometimes.

Some posters are too eager to get hostile towards opinions they don't like (sometimes under the guise of humor). Posters here are pretty good at calling out those who fantasy book heinous poo poo. Probably needs to be some towards the former, but 6ers work well too. Or just ignoring the dumb poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

stab posted:

I want a thread where everyone has to talk like Daddy Magic.

Would you be okay with a switchcomb thread?

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Tampa Bae posted:

how do you even find this place accidentally, at least I heard about it from all the really old memes on the internet/college friends and let's plays. if you were to search "wrestling forums" or "places to talk about wrestling" it probably isn't going to show up until ten pages deep on google if at all

i found this place accidentally when i wanted to see what chris regal was up to and only regged because the paywall went up after lurking for a while. my situation probably doesn't happen often but it happens.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm not a fan of the bad takes thread because I think it gets people unnecessarily wound up and reduces conversation, because if someone doesn't agree with you on something then you must be just like "the idiot stans on Twitter" or whatever. I realise I'm fighting a losing battle on that one though, most people seem to enjoy it. I just think it would be better if people treated certain tweets like they would any other troll, which is basically what a lot of them are.

the trick to the bad takes thread is to laugh at the bad takes for being silly, not to feel the need to reply against them or to get wound up by them