Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

This place is good, it's by far the best place to talk about wrestling, I just wish people didn't take things so seriously sometimes. People can get real god drat aggro/defensive at the drop of a hat. About wrestling!!
I think it's a clash of ways of approaching this place (and posting in general) that leads to a lot of misinterpretations of intent. For example, I post here because, primarily, it's fun to me. It's entertainment. I like reading and posting dumb crap. The sillier the better. Some people want to discuss things, maybe even debate some stuff. That's fine too! But don't expect me to care as much as you do about certain things. I'm here to have a good time, not to convince anyone or be convinced of anything. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Also, I would Iike to be paid for my posts

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think that if someone makes a joke post and someone flips out about it, the flipper outer should be told soothing things like “chill out dog” and not assume the joking post was an attempt to troll.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

carlcx, cavauro and yea ok should be modded in this forum

no irony posting, no bullshit - just my serious opinion

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My only real issue is that people have gotten so into trying to be funny or gimmicky that it's literally impossible to know when people are serious and when they're joking these days, and oftentimes when people do post sincerely it's at best ignored or at worst shouted down (more so the former though).

When I read something that is egregiously stupid, unless I have reasons to believe otherwise, I tend to assume it's joking or it's a bit even if it's sometimes not funny because hey, jokes bomb sometimes and also some people aren't very good at them. There's posting in bad faith, but there's also reading in good faith. I think. That's just me though.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think a lot of people post insincerely these days because they think it makes them cooler or funnier and when you have threads full of bare minimum 40% of posts being like that it's just noise.

People trying to be cool, whatever, but people trying to be funny? I have to disagree that that's "noise." Jokes are fun and good and they should be encouraged. They're the best part of this place. I don't know if SA being a "Comedy Forum" even matters or is true anymore, but in my heart it is. I'm here to hang out and enjoy myself. If I wanted to be miserable and serious I'd go literally anywhere else online.

Anyway, I didn't mean to single you out Foochs, I like having you around and I think you're an important member of this community, your post just had some points that i felt were a good platform for me to be able to elaborate What I Want Out of PSP.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

:)

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Getting flash backs to a man calling DVDs dih vih duhs and I can't remember who the hell that was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5acDTfjJsV4&t=15s

?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

Team ChocoPro Jankem

Those cubes weren't chocolate...

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

We need a background image. I'm tired of this gray crap.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Yeah, keep it open, imo. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

I don't really have anyone on ignore, don't worry escape goat, you did not upset me in the past. Personally when I think I'm about to see a post I don't like I just scroll past it and when I do read a post I don't like I just move on, it's not that hard really, but sometimes conversations full with those can be a bit annoying. No ignore list is gonna fix this. At that point I just bow out and wait for a bit and then jump to the most recent page. I'm not locked in here with the other posters, after all. My system might require some decision making but it's pretty good, I think.

it's pretty simple yeah

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Sometimes I read all the posts. Sometimes I read the last page of posts. Sometimes I don't read a dang thing and I :justpost:. It's ok to not read posts, especially if the posts seem bad or boring.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

i'll make the website

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

What I want out of PSP is what I'm getting.

:)

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I read every post as a tongue in cheek joke and assumed everyone else did and whoops nope.

Pretty much, yeah.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm here to laugh at posts and maybe make posts to make other people laugh. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm on the sea lion diet, I see a lion, i get eaten by it!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

NienNunb bought me the mr stink text and it meant he couldn’t afford to eat for a month :(

we all make sacrifices...

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think you're really misunderstanding the tone of the joke. At least for me I find it funny because the idea of Tony Khan telling Punk he can only come back if he gains weights like he's Mac's actor from It's always Sunny is funny because it's very absurd, not because being fat is funny.

it's this.

Sandman McMahon posted:

I thought the consensus was that far wrestlers rule and kick rear end. CM Punk with an extra couple hundred pounds would rule and kick rear end.

big fat guys in wrestling are extremely cool

also these

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gentlemen you can't fight in here! This is the wrestling forum!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm seeing double here... four cavauros!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

It was a good run. Enjoy the newly-reclaimed free time!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

I agree with dromal, make Rarity the new mod.

:twisted:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Congratulations JUNGLE BOY

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who bought me the sick new avatar??

life-threatening allergic reaction malakai is what i had on hand. sorry? you're welcome? either way: lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

QCS in all it's incarnations is the worst sub on the forums always

It has, at times, the funniest content on these forums. Do not underestimate the power it has in attracting psychos and making them meltdown+get exposed.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Maybe we shouldn't use penguins to patrol things. Seems like there's a better fit for that role.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

:holy:

Lone Goat posted:

This only reflects poorly on you

You can't judge someone's entire poo poo just by meeting them once. That's an unfair comment, imo.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

no of course not

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Make me Mod of the WWE thread

yea

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Free "Malcolm Excellent" from probation in time for AEW Rampage tonight at 10pm Eastern Standard Time.

Yeah. Or Collision, at the very least! And let's not even entertain the idea of missing All In...

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Seems like a good pick, imo.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Anybody remember a guy who used to post here ages ago? I think his name as sharm/shard/shart or something like that. I think he had kids? Anyways, what ever happened to that guy?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

do NOT post about your dating lives

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

We made the wrong EMF mod

Elected Mod Fiasco

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

well no they havent made you a mod yet

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I want projecthalaxy's hunger games to come back. doesn't have to be now, or soon, but they were good and i miss them.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm just here for the jokes. You know, jokes like QoP, That DICK!, shard, etc :evilbuddy:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

I'm here for the guy who did those AI Jim Ross posts. Shame he disappeared :(

i never sold for that and im not gonna start now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

People getting really worked up over wrestling opinions is a bit alien to me, especially since it's about mostly innocuous, subjective stuff. If I see a post that, in a vacuum, I would consider egregious I think one of two things. Either "lol, you scamp, good bait" or "wow, that person sure doesn't like things the way i do!" and then I forget about it 15 seconds later. If you read this place for long enough you get a feel for who's who and who posts in what way.

Would it be better if we didn't need Wrestling Posting Literacy and everyone was earnest 100% of the time? Maybe we'd less arguments, sure, but it would be a lot less funny. Posting is a form of entertainment, I'm here to have fun by either posting and or reading jokes. If the goal of this place is to reach the Harmonious Wrestling Consensus Where Everyone Politely Agrees, it would be a lot less interesting.

I don't care if you agree with me or not about the current state of MJF's title run or if Emi Sakura was the victim of a targetted harassment campaign by Tony Khan, just have fun posting.