Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Definitely need mods who actually read and post in the wrestling threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also no more goddamn spoilers in thread titles it’s easy enough to avoid going into threads about stuff you haven’t watched yet and if you go into one and get spoiled then you’re a deserving dumbass but putting it in the thread title is a dick move when there’s a large chunk of the forum who aren’t in the US and don’t watch all their wrestling at 2am.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Most recently the finish of Punk/Mox in the Dynamite thread title was obvious to anyone who’s spent any time posting unless you wanna be wilfully ignorant about it, and that’s not the first time somethings been spoiled in a Dynamite thread title.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TTBF posted:

And I'm using Livid Liquid as an example but it has happened to other people.

Getting chaos dunked into oblivion for posting takes like “the comedy rap act with two black dudes, one of whom is openly gay, is exactly like Donald Trump” isn’t being ganged up on, it’s what happens when you post spectacularly dumbass takes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I don’t know why it’s suddenly derisive when it’s been a thing to call it ‘The Fed’ for decades. It hasn’t even officially been the “Fed” for 20 years and the name has endured.

I think there is a group of people who don’t take posting very seriously and another group of people who sometimes take it very seriously indeed, and the root of most conflict is these two groups posting past each other and getting frustrated.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Give everyone in the forum a button that can be exclusively used to ban epic rereg guys

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

so when we getting some new mods huh

You’re the new mod congrats

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Feedback: our mods should be referred to as referees to fit the theme.

Referees can only probe posts they actually read

This would probably be an improvement right off the bat

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Well, umm, y’know, plans can, uhh, *shuffles papers*

*smoke alarm beeps*

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can’t play the “I’m new to wrestling what even is this” card at the same time as the “here is my unpopular opinion full of insider terms” card because it makes you look like a disingenuous fuckwit.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Post the list of AEW thread bullies

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Hausu Usher posted:

If someone is genuinely trying to troll your favourite hobby then report to a mod, if it's consistent block them. Don't get out the whiteboard/red string or start rounding up a posse.

Telling obvious trolls to gently caress off is more fun than just reporting them or pressing ignore though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Feedback thread bullies

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

will an animated PNG do

Replace all the ice cream bar avs immediately

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Team Rhodes Scholars

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Team Pup ‘N Suds

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

More moderation

No not like that

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m on team “it was a funny joke” fwiw, I just think it’s also funny that the first big act of ‘more moderation’ is one most people didn’t like at all.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you don’t understand the joke and/or the poster is an Epic Rereg Guy and/or on your personal list of Posting Enemies then the post was made in Bad Faith.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

This one is a lie isn't it

She just said she won’t tell, this is off to a terrible start

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but only half of it will be funny lies instead of all of it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

the only thing I was asking for is requiring a summary below the tweet of what is actually behind the paywall if someone is going to vaguepost it

Serious question, what do you expect people to post as a summary with it if they aren’t a subscriber so have absolutely no information to add other than the twitter scoopster’s vaguepost?

It would be kind of dumb to just say “well don’t post them if you don’t have the scoop” because it’s still new information at least even if it doesn’t have all the facts yet.

Or when SRS tweets poo poo like “AEW star had their dick twisted all the way off in a backstage altercation, more information for Fightful Select subscribers later” so the summary isn’t even available yet?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

this is basically all I was asking for

if you post a srs vaguepost, include a summary of any real information that is behind the paywall or just don't post it

If it's just clickbait with absolutely no info how about just not posting it because that's basically just an advertisement

That’s a super niche hangup to have and I think you’re being very unrealistic to expect the rest of the forum to cater to you.

People like to post about the scoops and speculate about the scoops and then someone eventually turns up with the scoops. Maybe even sometimes the people with the subs didn’t know there was a scoop to go see until they saw the tweet in the thread, so they’re prompted to go bring us the scoop!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

Woah, who was it?

I don’t know I don’t have $5 to give to SRS :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Start a thread where everyone has to post their pattern subscriptions so we know who is just posting a tweet and who is posting it while deliberately withholding the scoops

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This was a tremendously dumbass post but did it really warrant a probe like 18 hours later after one of the actually active mods had already probed the same poster like 2-3 posts later for another equally dumbass post in the same thread?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A subforum with like 5 active threads in it would be incredibly dumb

Event live thread
Weekly thread
That one AEW business chat thread
Talk about CM Punk thread
Probably a women’s division thread for the same reason as the CM Punk thread

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I haven’t read the weekly threads since Mox won the title again and it’s been a nice break from the same handwringing doomsaying poo poo week after week (the people doing it sincerely, not the obvious jokes).

I might not even come back when he loses it to MJF next month.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Freight train

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s the same silly idea as ‘nobody post any scoopster tweets about news that’s on the way’ and should never be implemented.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

people still physically cannot stop themselves from posting rovert tweets as one was just posted like a day or two ago so why would you bother trying to limit dave

Make posting rovert bannable imo

Rid us of him once and for all

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This gets floated in QCS all the time and the answer is always no.

No is also the correct answer, imo. Mods and admins will blank anything that’s genuinely offensive anyway. You upset some salty loser enough to make them spend :10bux: and that’s a win for you all by itself, calling it ‘harassment’ is setting a ridiculously low bar for harassment in all but the most extreme of examples.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah personally I didn't feel particularly like a winner when someone decided for :10bux: they could make me display a fash slogan in all the forum spaces I usually go to, and pay another tenner for the privilege to stop doing that, so I gotta reject that notion.

If it was something genuinely bad then a mod or admin would revert it for free for you, that’s been standard for years now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How you know

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Read every post twice, once as if it was sincere then once as if it was a joke.

Decide which reading you enjoyed better, then take note of that person’s forum name and mark them down as either a Posting Enemy or a Posting Pal.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Concurrent sentences instead of consecutive, mod must have been some kind of bleeding heart leftist

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just used them repeatedly on the Epic Rereg Guy, as God intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

When they’re funny