Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i enjoy this place and spend too much time here, 10/10 would have gotten here earlier if i had a second chance at life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
now that's moderation

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
thank you mods, i will never tell anyone if i thought the joke was funny, out of respect for you

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
sometimes i'm disappointed if the full story gets posted too quickly after the vaguepost. coulda had more fun guessing.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
people are gonna react to AEW news in the AEW thread. sounds like some folks are just tired of the news cycle and maybe don't consider a lot of these unfolding events to be "news", but the ignore function isn't gonna help with that. not that it's needed, the thread's been pretty great, can't understand anyone who doesn't read the top weekly thread on the forum.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Rampage tag should be Sour Boy's head, and next to it is a gif of "dis is wampage"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i love a good toxx, i'll confirm mine right now

what does $5 get you at applebee's?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

Go during half priced apps and the world is your oyster

do they have oysters?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
yeah

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
seems ok so far

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this is far too much power

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
sorry, i've moved onto feuding with the CD mods since they're more on my level

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I will put in a good word for you

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

The report button and feedback thread exist for a reason, they're not here to pat your rear end when your lovely posts go over like a lead balloon.

Unbelievabley soft poo poo.

It's one thing to get dunked on for a bad take, but I agree with EMF that the responses were overly hostile for such a benign post, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to bring that up publicly. They've made efforts to be a less abrasive poster.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Eat My Musc

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

flatluigi posted:

oh okay this is where the message in the aew thread came from

idk if emf has been trolling or seriousposting but my issue really isn't with them in specific, especially since they're just now starting to post again. there's just a range of people across all the wrestlethreads who think that high praise of wwe/making GBS threads on aew is really funny and it got pretty old for me years ago. the cornette nicknames like 'weepy wangman' are really old, and a few people went over the line w/ their shitposting when the whole thing w/ vince's sexual assault lawsuits and settlements started resurfacing in the news. where are people even getting their wrestling information from where they're talking about tony khan loving dogs as if we're all supposed to know that's a thing people are accusing him of doing to try to score points or w/e

i just want people to post about what they genuinely feel about the shows and think the threads would be more readable if they were that instead of having a half dozen people who try to stir poo poo up when they post. it's not an AEW vs WWE thing -- i don't care if someone likes watching wwe in 2023 and would enjoy reading people seriousposting about doing so (i've tried to give it a shot in groupwatches w/ friends on discord here and there over the last few years and it's just Not Enjoyable + i'd love to hear what people are getting out of the show in 2023, but that just doesn't seem like what people are doing). the gimmickposting or whatever you wanna call it that leads to constant arguments because someone wanted to casually say how nobody in aew's women's division is as good at wrestling as anyone in wwe or w/e is just not enjoyable to read, and putting them on ignore and trying to move on doesn't help b/c someone will just take the bait (or one of the other people who love to start poo poo will just carry it forward). it'd be fine if it was funny, but it's like there's a checklist people have to go down every week and people racing to hit those marks at a run as soon as the show wraps every wednesday

i liked reading the aew weekly threads and the live threads but the negativity and the fighting led me to drop the live threads + every week it takes me longer and longer to bother to read the weekly threads, even though SA is my major source for wrestling news. i'd like nothing more than to clear out my ignore list and enjoy reading the subforum proper again, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime soon if this is where the mods stand on what's allowed and what needs to be pushed back on.

Appreciate you taking the time to write all that, but I disagree with almost all of it. The live threads are overwhelmingly more positive than the weekly threads, and even when the weekly thread is negative they've still been feeling a lot more cordial. People will have differences in opinion and there will always be chucklefuckery because it's an SA staple, but it rarely feels like there's any genuine negativity between posters.

The responses to EMF felt like the most negative thing I'd seen in the thread all week so I called them out. Big difference between "this ain't it chief" from last week's dunking and "you should put this poster on ignore so that we can stop the spread of this terrible style of posting that will destroy the thread completely" (paraphrasing).

I'm wondering if you've put so many posters on ignore that you've killed the vibe of the threads for yourself. Perhaps you're seeing all these blanked posts and assuming they're all poo poo? I might encourage you to clear that list and go with the flow. Let the people make their Weepy Wangman jokes, roll your eyes at them and move on. They don't pop up that often. Is that even a Cornette nickname? I associate it with people who aren't as high on him as a character. It's not hurting anyone and it's a quick, silly reminder of their preferences. I really don't think people are trying to stir poo poo up, I think everyone's just having fun. I'm sorry if it's not fun for you, but I do think you're inventing a lot of the malicious intent if that's all that you're seeing.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
No forum ban will be happening, that's an extreme reaction right now, but the posts will be punished. I've been out and about without mod buttons for most of the day but I'm catching up on things now. I'm also planning to edit some rules into the C thread to clarify that it is not a safe space to defend that particular brand of hate.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

Stopped reading after you implied all mods have fat asses. I have almost no rear end, so I will not be taking action.

you can borrow half of mine

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did the guy who toxxed a perma for punk’s return get his just desserts yet

Thanks, I just put the ban request in. As previously mentioned, permas are reserved for more extreme cases, even if they're self-toxxed.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

does anyone have any thoughts on this?

they thought you and QoP were similar. they're too stupid to waste another thought on.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hey wtf, that's the guy who told me i should do it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lmao this is gonna haunt my nightmares

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Power Windows posted:

Brodie Jr is a mod?

duh

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Child birth announcements should go in the General thread, not the Feedback thread. Now pay me pizza.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mrenda posted:

What if the feedback is that the child poos too much and should poo less?

then i'll do my best to help

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what do you want on it

mushrooms, onions, peppers, and garlic

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Deep Dish is Puro
Pan Pizza is Lucha
Thin Crust is American
Cauliflower Crust is BritWres
Chuck E. Cheese is Sports Entertainment