Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like this place alot. My favorite place on the internet because it's filled with my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

That situation grossly overestimated how much I plan on apologizing for my words and deeds in the future. Shard has exclusive NineNunb apology rights. To all else I’m still the bastard from hell.

Love you too buddy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For my own two cents since my post was pointed out I think I gave them the response they deserved which was disbelief at the idea that someone could think Moxley is such a bad wrestler he had to be carried by Jericho. It just didn't make any sense. But I did actively attempt to not be mean in my post

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I think one source of animosity on the forum is that there is one camp who engages in the tribalistic “my guy is better than your guy” posting because it’s fun, while the other camp is genuinely getting angry that people like the wrestler that they don’t.

Says the flip flopper!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Critical posted:

Open it stays.

Appreciate it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shouldn't this subthread be named something that people would know this is where to talk about wrestling and combat sports at a glance?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm a bi dude and thought the joke was funny which is why I didn't report it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

also embed the song 'faith' by george michael in every post

What about the Limp Bizkit cover?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is bad faith

Faith No More

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

This but only I'm allowed to post in it and half my posts are lies but I won't tell you which

This one is a lie isn't it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Maybe a thread like this would actually be a great idea.

Rarity's lie and scoop roulette emporium

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Critical posted:

Imma shrug and say :justpost: for whoever wants to make it and we can see if it floats. Would suggest it be news and not gossip, ie no posting some rando on the birdsite with 100 followers with sources saying CM Punk has been compromised to a permanent end or whatever horseshit they post to get attention. We all know who this includes.

Rarity?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

mods. Kick the above person's little rear end

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

mods. Kick the above person's HUGE rear end

Aw thanks for the compliment my friend. I've been working out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was marinating on this since the other day it happened to me. SA shouldn't allow posters to be harassed and someone can change their avatar to something terrible just because they don't like them. If we can't outright remove the ability for other users to buy someone an avatar, then we should at least make it publicly known who bought the avatar and if they bought it to harass someone it should be punishable.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Once again big shoutout to Critical for helping me out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Stinky Weepman

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol god now I'm imagining all those auto generated animations of the gingerbread man my daughter watched on youtube and replacing the characters with wrestlers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I dig it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rick posted:

This is a wonderful idea. Although can there be exceptions for people like me who only post in there maybe once every two months if that?

No. You better be saying good morning and goodnight.

Good night

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Simply read and post in the AEW thread instead of doing your job.

Done!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Sometimes I read all the posts. Sometimes I read the last page of posts. Sometimes I don't read a dang thing and I :justpost:. It's ok to not read posts, especially if the posts seem bad or boring.

Hey come on no need to call me out like this!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

You're all my posting pals :glomp:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I lost Jesus Christ also much like Jake the snake

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

the seemingly very successful and happy discord sounds like a good solution to the problem, which doesn't need to be arrogantly pushed on everyone else in an attempt to shame people for using nicknames when they talk about wrestling, or otherwise act like objective observers talking about how posting must be done. the plea about "what i want to see" earlier in this thread is something else. if the threads here are to be entertainment for people, they should be for the users who are making the posts. not people who come in to complain and swear they would post more if everyone else was better. why do you think the people who do enjoy themselves here want that? why do you think you are higher quality than other people or whatever is causing this? get a grip.

the chains came off

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

As someone who started watching wrestling six(ish) months ago, I can confirm the people in this forum have been welcoming. I never thought they wouldn't be tbh because if I know one thing about nerds it's that they love to share their interest with newcomers, even if that does mean being exposed to Hornswoggle and the history of Billy Pumpkins' wrestling company.

You were exactly the poster I was thinking about when it comes to newcomers who are made to feel welcome. I remember so many examples given to you anytime you asked questions. And I've seen you voice opinions that are different than others and you were not called names or anything negative. A discussion happened.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll be honest I still don't understand how that segment was racist. Was it the poo poo he put in his name? Was it insinuating that he didn't know English? I am not trying to be antagonistic so apologies if it comes off like that, I'm honestly trying to understand. Because my gut reaction when I watched that segment was oh man MJF is a jerk and haha he looks like an idiot when Soup was able to speak English to him. And then he beat him up a lot for two weeks.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

idgi

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

hello 9-1-1? Help I've been hashtagironypoisoned

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm from New Orleans and my dad is from Texas. I say howdy ya'll ya heard

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

A polite request: sincere answers to sincere questions. Sometimes people will ask something like where a certain forum meme comes from and get meme answers for 3 pages instead of an actual answer.

this seems like an uphill battle. You can't really enforce that. And this has been requested before and the first response is almost always a joke

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

also shoutout to the handful of posters that lurk day to day but swoop in like the knowledge dark knight whenever someone sends up a bat signal question that goes unanswered

like the only time they post is to help people out

I see you and we appreciate you

He'll yeah shoutout to the heroes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Butt "The Shitman" Fart

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just normal men...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love fat dudes in wrestling. The worst thing that ever happened was Vince only going for buff dudes. Wrestling can support all kinds of body shapes and there need to be more of all kinds.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't even remember it but I appreciate the apology anyway.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You're right. Make Jungle Boy the new mod.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

As many of you are aware, after a few short hours of being a mod, I’m afraid I need to step down. All of the bans and probes have been reversed and wiped from the records. My behavior was frankly unacceptable and I am sorry.

And to the 3 posters that were involved in the SANADA incident, no apology that I make will make up for what I put you through. I’m deeply ashamed, and hope that I can redeem myself as a member of the community.

this boy is a liar - he's never been a mod and is trying to weasel his way out of his agreement to be a mod. Mods you know what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wrong thread - no new mods!