Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you def had the baba with a cigar avatar here i remember it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

denied

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

if we're counting all the way back to the MLW days poor shard is gonna be a hardened con by the time they're free

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

'are you serious'

no. he is not serious. none of this is. it is people slapping and grappling in their underwear.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

the seemingly very successful and happy discord sounds like a good solution to the problem, which doesn't need to be arrogantly pushed on everyone else in an attempt to shame people for using nicknames when they talk about wrestling, or otherwise act like objective observers talking about how posting must be done. the plea about "what i want to see" earlier in this thread is something else. if the threads here are to be entertainment for people, they should be for the users who are making the posts. not people who come in to complain and swear they would post more if everyone else was better. why do you think the people who do enjoy themselves here want that? why do you think you are higher quality than other people or whatever is causing this? get a grip.

Cavauro posted:

there's like 70 to 200 people browsing the forum all the time. if the argument is that most of these people read the threads and shake their heads in disgust because they can't have good wrestling discussion, then first of all that's more than enough people to fulfill the dream somewhere. why it has to be here i don't know. if there's a sense of ownership or longing to use this place and boot out the jagoffs or make them fall in line, then present your case to hand knit or someone in a sensible way. point out exactly how much better a forum it is if they would force people to stop being silly and to permit only the most "readable" impassioned wrestling love letters. entrust one another with writing out some example posts that you'd make if you felt it would be worthwhile. as it is, there are like 3 or 4 posts a week of someone insulting another person and going to this well of justice to act like it's warranted. there's no discussion to be had about this because every time someone brings it up they are acting as agents of how things must be and saying the majority of users are in a group together. a group that is willfully keeping this place bad. it's not reasonable. It reads much more like you enjoy insulting the people who post here first and foremost and don't really care that much about the rest. prove me wrong or stop it.

cav correct as usual

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i think you can find your old av to help the mod/admin expedite the process here: https://goons.neocities.org/

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmfao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

talking poo poo about timothy dalton? that's a paddlin'

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

missed connection: posting anything about your weird personal life on a forum

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Bree Woo

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I will not volunteer to be ik or mod, but I will find a way to probate myself

so youre going to be an ik or mod. topic locked.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wood paneling ftw

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

I have no intentions of becoming a deranged pervert so I don't think modship would be a good fit for me.

too late

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Make me Mod of the WWE thread

at the very least make him thread ik come on

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

thank you based cavauro

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

do NOT post about your dating lives

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i stopped reading most of it honestly bc both sides of the shitstirring is trash to read grow up you nerds

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I think the MJF/Cole stuff sucks poo poo through a straw

oh its root beer?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

have you considered getting new material

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

have you tried the enclosed pool area

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

none of those posts are worth a probation lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

thats not probation worthy either

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

people are gonna like what you dislike or dislike what you like and thats life. get over yourselves

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

it is a gimmick. mad?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you can just use the wwe thread. its mostly for chatting (making fun) about modern fed stuff but a lot of us have been watching for decades so we can answer your questions

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Real stupid but it’s ok

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

There’s weeks that go by where there aren’t fights, bickering, or any of that. Sometimes also we all come together to LMAO together. Emotions run high here, we know a little honest part of each other. I am grateful for the space to interact with you all.

There have been weeks of my life when things were bad and you lot were all I had to remind me other folks existed. My feedback is thus, thanks for the arguments, the roasts, the comedy, and the marking out. It is in many ways dumb we even exist, and even dumber we exist and also love fake fighting, it’s a cosmic coincidence we are here, and I am happy my dice landed on spending time with you all.

I’ve come to a place where I enjoy everyone here, even those that don’t necessarily enjoy me. I hope I’ve made you laugh, either with me or at me, it’s all the same.

4 life 2 sweet me. Remember Okada Omega 1? Remember Danielson at mania XXX? Remember the Brody Lee celebration of life?

Just wanted to thank you lot.

emf youre a pal love u buddy

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its basically the fate of every mock thread to become insular and weird

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Shard posted:

I like the hell thread

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Speak Slow but carry a bad schtick

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

told you all. this is all very boring

you were right as usual

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

the only "wwe" people who have been insulted for the past couple weeks are weirdos who are antagonizing and baiting people. rbx, speak slow guy, etc.

most people saying otherwise above are people i like and don't have a problem with but they seem to be talking about stuff from like 1 to 2 months ago as far as i can tell, before the mods already cracked down. it doesn't need to keep being added onto and the last thing needed here is to further protect annoying assholes. i could be wrong if some poo poo picked up yesterday though

if you want wwe to not be attacked it's not happening because they suck poo poo. just separate that out and ignore it

:emptyquote:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the point is :justpost:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its funny that there are lots of newer posters around here that participate and are engaged with other posters but they're never mentioned at all because they're not the ones that show up just to post like antagonistic shitheads. wonder why that is :thunk:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

glad youre here to show us how above it all you are dude

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

*avgn voice* WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005