Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Spinz posted:

By the way grey or white really really doesn't look bad on most guys

It looks like dogshit on women but not on you guys. In fact it's often sexy as hell. You guys might die a decade earlier but don't sweat the greys guys. If it's pubes ? maybe shave

I mean, you still look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My greys are a highlight for me, and the strands of light in my hair get compliments when noticed. So iunno, maybe I just pull off femme greys? Or I don't and everyone is just nice to me. Either way that's okay.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
19, so far it's coming in as a supervillain streak

Spinz posted:

By the way grey or white really really doesn't look bad on most guys

It looks like dogshit on women but not on you guys. In fact it's often sexy as hell. You guys might die a decade earlier but don't sweat the greys guys. If it's pubes ? maybe shave

Grey hair looks fine on any woman with black or dark brown hair. Like everything else Europeans age like the milk they love so much.

War and Pieces fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 29, 2022

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I started getting grey hairs in my early 20s. I was told it was caused by genetics and not getting enough of a couple B-vitamins for long periods. I'm in my late 30s now and my hair is probably 70% grey. I've been coloring my hair since age 32, because of going gray almost a decade earlier. I have found that going lighter than my natural hair shade looks far more natural than going my true shade or a darker shade when coloring my hair. I'll probably keep coloring my hair until I'm 42-43 and then let nature take over.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

PITY BONER posted:

I started getting grey hairs in my early 20s. I was told it was caused by genetics and not getting enough of a couple B-vitamins for long periods. I'm in my late 30s now and my hair is probably 70% grey. I've been coloring my hair since age 32, because of going gray almost a decade earlier. I have found that going lighter than my natural hair shade looks far more natural than going my true shade or a darker shade when coloring my hair. I'll probably keep coloring my hair until I'm 42-43 and then let nature take over.

I let my sister-in-law dye mine back to its original black once and I looked ridiculous. The colors it turned returning to grey were pretty great though.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Gray's are fine, it's the hair loss you gotta worry about...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I started getting them in my mouth around 18 or so but that's what happens when you shoot movies for grandpa fetishists.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
No idea, it started falling out before it turned gray and I've been shaving it since. My beard comes in gray when I'm lazy about shaving though.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I got my first patch of salt around the temples when I turned 30. That was right at the beginning of Trump's reign though, which might have had more to do with it.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Dogshit was a poor choice :negative:
I apologize
I meant compared to guys and it can be striking definitely. I should have said just for me. A little was OK but when it became a lot it really aged me

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Szyznyk posted:

The colors it turned returning to grey were pretty great though.
Yep, I agree. I found that out the hard way going near-black for a while. I call it "mid-life crisis" hair coloring, because it looks like every old guy/gal who is attempting to hold onto a long-past youth. If you're mostly caucasian, going lighter gives a lot more leeway for the natural colors to come though, along with the parts that utterly refuse to dye properly, giving a healthy mix of darker, medium, and lighter in one go. Going for mono-color dye jobs just screams mid-life crisis.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I'm a dude, started graying in my temples in my late 20s, now over 50 it's roughly half and half everwhere and completely at the temples

the thing to watch out for are those giant white wires that suddenly start to appear sproinging out your nose - gross AND uncomfortable! keep some scissors or trimmers handy!

my rear end hairs are still a rich glistening brown though....maybe I should get a bidet

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I had a few at 21. I'm 41 now and there are more grays and they look like poo poo so I started dyeing my hair earlier this year.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
found gray hairs on my balls at 35

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Mid 20s and now at 41 I have a fat white streak in the front at my hairline. No it isn't original to call me Rogue

my mom had the same thing

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm 35 and only a few months ago I got a few gray hairs near my temples. I didn't really worry about it because I'm extremely sexy and I know I'll be a middle aged Chad

I'm pretty sure this means I'll live to be about 150, and my genetics are top notch

I'm on a daily watch to see if my balls get any gray hairs. I'll keep the thread updated once one is located and we can decide what to do about it together.

the first time i got grey hairs was in my mid 20s. the Bush recession and Amazon were about to eat the store i worked at and the girl i was sleeping with told me she was worried she may be pregnant. i walked around for 3 weeks feeling like my head was in a vice and afterward i noticed i had exactly 3 grey hairs. i didn't start noticeably greying until i was in my mid-late 30s? i'm mid-40s now and i have salt and pepper hair it looks cool af. i've more-or-less been greying exactly like my mother and my grandmother which means my hair will probably be grey, white and black into my 60s.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Strange Poon posted:

the first time i got grey hairs was in my mid 20s. the Bush recession and Amazon were about to eat the store i worked at and the girl i was sleeping with told me she was worried she may be pregnant. i walked around for 3 weeks feeling like my head was in a vice and afterward i noticed i had exactly 3 grey hairs. i didn't start noticeably greying until i was in my mid-late 30s? i'm mid-40s now and i have salt and pepper hair it looks cool af. i've more-or-less been greying exactly like my mother and my grandmother which means my hair will probably be grey, white and black into my 60s.

Well was she

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i had one grey hair when i was 26 and nothing else in the nine years since. gotta trim my eyebrows otherwise i look like a non-grey heihachi

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I have like 2 greys on my head and one or two on my arms. My ball hairs are getting lighter though. I'm 35.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Started really noticing at 30 but cuz I'm blonde it's easier to see in my chest/arm hairs.

I'm usually clean shaven but if I let it grow out it comes in as salt and pepper because my beard has always been way darker than my hair

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Started noticed the odd one at 21. Now at 39 I'm very grey at the temples and getting the occasional grey chest hair.
otoh my hairline's not yet receding and I got ID'd buying booze last week so not feeling too bad about it

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i got grey hairs on my genitals after having carnal relations with your parents and grandparents, op

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

because, you see, the grey hairs of your respected elders were torn out by the passionate undulations of my ravishing form, and laid like so many trophies across my glistening torso

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pretty much as soon as i started approaching them in bars, op

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I started getting whites and grays at 16 and, honestly, it was cool. 36 now and I'm all salt and pepper, though. Wish it was all gray or white because i want to look like the dumbest wizard

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Getting some grays in at the temples but I’m going bald anyway so I buzz my head with a #1 guard. My beard hair comes in reddish and there’s a few grays in there but I keep that short too. Pubes are still nice and brown. The real culprits are the thick white hairs that occasionally pop out of my chest, hate those li’l buggers.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You guys are getting hairs???

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
8, my aunt had full white hair by the time she was 50 and while my mom escaped that fate for another 20 years I already look like a Disney villain at 34.

Case in point:

Elentor fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 29, 2022

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Started at the temples at around 30. Now 34 and still only a few at the temples. Actually I can’t wait till I go full salt and pepper. Classy look on both guys and gals.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My dad went from dark brown to fully salt and pepper by the time he was 30. I've managed to make it to 35 without a single gray hair on my head, but its starting to creep its way into my beard. I'll just have to settle for looking distinguished as gently caress at 40.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah if you keep yourself groomed S&P looks dope on almost anyone

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Started graying on my temples in my early 30s, got my first big gray beard hair at like 33? 34?, I am now closing in on "mostly pepper, some salt" levels of gray. I like it, it rules. The gray beard hairs are weird though, they seem to go gray at random and sometimes grow back with color and go gray again. Hair is weird

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OMFG FURRY posted:

found gray hairs on my balls at 35

Whose were they

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah if you keep yourself groomed S&P looks dope on almost anyone

Keep your poo poo & Piss away from my face

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
20. College ruined me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mooey Cow posted:

Keep your poo poo & Piss away from my face

No

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

At 33 I noticed a couple after my most recent haircut. 3 or so, but you'd have to go looking to find them

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

32-33ish. Now I'm almost 40 and the sides are all gray but the top is mostly brown with a few flecks. It's a pretty baller look if I say so myself.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

when I saw that g-g-g-ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
I got the odd grey hair here and there when I was in my early 20s. By my mid 30s, I was greying on the temples, but the rest of my hair was deep black. At 54, I'm mostly grey, but there are enough black hairs holding on so I still have salt & pepper hair.

Thinning is only just now becoming an issue for me, as the top front is starting to go away. vOv

The worst part for me was the grey beard. I let my beard grow for the first time at the start of the pandemic, and that poo poo made me look like I was in my 60s.