Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
At 59, my head is still a shock of rich, dark brown hair. My ears, back and shoulders, however, are covered in gray/silver.

Just kidding. Around 30 I started going gray at the temples and losing the top. The ears, back and shoulders are true.

Edit: My dad went white in his 60/70s. But his hair was full until his death at 79.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
just turned 40, only have one so far.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It seems that it was gradual for about ten years. I still have brown hair on top with streaks.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
First grey hairs around the temples at about 32 or 33. Now the temples and one sideburn (right only) is mostly gray at 39. I’m hoping to either go bald or get more symmetrical. Gray chest hairs are more annoying though. They stick like a sore thumb and scream, “you’re getting older!”

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Started in my mid 20s and now I'm 36 and starting to get noticeable streaks of gray. Not quite Claire Saffitz level, but getting there. My mom has the most beautiful shiny silver hair and I am READY to fully inherit it.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Like 24 or something. Just a few strands. Starting to become more noticeable now at 32 though idk

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

PITY BONER posted:

I started getting grey hairs in my early 20s. I was told it was caused by genetics and not getting enough of a couple B-vitamins for long periods. I'm in my late 30s now and my hair is probably 70% grey. I've been coloring my hair since age 32, because of going gray almost a decade earlier. I have found that going lighter than my natural hair shade looks far more natural than going my true shade or a darker shade when coloring my hair. I'll probably keep coloring my hair until I'm 42-43 and then let nature take over.

That’s pretty much what I did, I had grey hairs in HS, and it was noticeable by my early-mid 20’s. I colored it until I was about 40, then said ‘gently caress it’ and let it do what it was going to do. Just the fact that I have most of my hair at my age(55) is great, the color isn’t important.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Like 19 I think.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

dinahmoe posted:

25. I’m 52 now, totally grey. I alternate between purple, blue, and green. I’m on disability so I don’t have to answer to anyone, and have decided to do whatever hair color suits me at the moment.

Less than 10 posts per year — a lurking master

madeintaipei posted:

I mean, you still look good.

And yeah, this. Like most things, if you look like you’re happy and comfortable with how you look, then you’re going to look good. It‘s easier for men because nobody gives a poo poo about what men do, but a lady who owns takes the gray and owns it because “gently caress you and your lovely double standard”? Hell yeah, looks good as gently caress.

I think it’s the same thing for balding dudes. Own it and you’re good. It’s not your fault for going bald. It is your fault for a combover though.

Tl;Dr: you’re good enough however you are

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 30, 2022

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

In my early 40's I have a luxurious head of hair with side wings of grey and I love it. That said, I got my first grey hairs when I was about 22 or so.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i have a full head of luxurious blonde hair at 32 and no signs of gray at all. spinz is wrong about women with grays also

funny she should bring it up with the local scandal of lisa laflamme going on here

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Had 3-4 grays on my chin show up around 33. Stayed that way until the past couple years and now I’m about 50/50 on my face and I have a bunch on the sides of my head as I’m about to turn 40.

I don’t mind them most days but they do stand out as my hair is black.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

spinz is wrong about women with grays also

No, she's right. Look at this repulsive hag right here:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i have a full head of luxurious blonde hair at 32 and no signs of gray at all. spinz is wrong about women with grays also

funny she should bring it up with the local scandal of lisa laflamme going on here

I didn't know what you were referencing and read up about it and oh

I see

Well it looks terrible on me but certainly not on everyone. I'm glad to see a company getting such massive push back

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
This is my grandma and she looks good with gray hair.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Claire Saffitz is my grey haired crush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjDYLOVjoBw

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

None. It's the one decent thing red hair does for redheads.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

None. It's the one decent thing red hair does for redheads.

we go white instead of gray

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Luvcow posted:

The melted orange creamsicle look.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Valko posted:

No, she's right. Look at this repulsive hag right here:

That is how hair should be.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

turns out if you're really really good looking, the color of your hair doesn't really matter

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Luvcow posted:

I am a brown haired fellow in his late 30's. Had red hairs in my beard, they are white now, happened probably mid 30's, but I can't grow sideburns or anything other than a goatee, and a thin one at that, so I am usually clean shaven. No grey elsewhere tho. I have yet to check the butthole.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Toxic Mental posted:

turns out if you're really really good looking, the color of your hair doesn't really matter

Goes both ways, be hideous and rock any hairstyle you like!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Be old and balding, like me, and your choice in the matter becomes extremely limited.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I noticed some gray hairs in my goatee when I was trying to take a good selfie to post here in some "post yourself so everyone else can make you feel bad" thread not long after I signed up.

Here we are 18 years later and I still only have (a little more) gray in my beard. Pretty sure my maternal grandfather's head hair still had not started graying when he died at 82, so hopefully those are the genetics I am following.

Though Spinz is always right so I am probably going to torpedo my chances of being a remotely appealing middle-aged guy by looking like I am trying to blend in with the kids :(

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

like 26 or 27 I think

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

It was definitely before the end of high school

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My beard started going gray by 28 and according to my hairstylists I started to get some up top by 33. It started early but it's been slow going. A this rate I will never be a silver fox... :(

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Probably about 32-33, working around chemo drugs and being stressed out about work constantly. Man, though, the other day I got all my shag cut off and I saw a whole lot more than 5 months ago, called it out, and my buddy/barber said, "oh yeah, there's plenty there and more than last time, but you're living with the gift of blonde."

I don't give a poo poo tho, my grandpa went white at 30 and looked awesome, all I care about is not losing my hair; I'm 36 and my hairline has receded like 1/8 inch since I was a teenager, so I feel pretty good about my chances.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Early 30s was a few 'colorless' strands in facial hair, mid 30s 1 or 3 strands of the same at temples. Late 30's definitely grey streaks in my beard and a few stray strands at my temples and sides.
Except for the growing bald spot time has been kind to me hairwise. I'm also tall enough that almost no one notices that spot. Still kind of sucks that I was expecting to not have that until at least 50 or 60, since that's how long it took for my dad and grandfathers to wind up with obvious thinning. No receding hairline yet though.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I have one white eyebrow hair that showed up when i was about 30. I don't know if that counts. I'm blonde so i don't know that I'll be able to tell until i have a lot of gray hair

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Dixville posted:

I have one white eyebrow hair that showed up when i was about 30. I don't know if that counts. I'm blonde so i don't know that I'll be able to tell until i have a lot of gray hair

thread title clearly specifies "hairS", thus, reported for off topic

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Origin posted:

Started getting them when I was 22.

Same! But it was just a few at first for several years. Really started laying it on hard at 30. It's kind of got this nice pattern to it though, so I like it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Probably around 23-24? But it was one, maybe two hairs. But then my widows peak started getting worse and that became a more pressing cosmetic issue so i just decided to go shave my head bald and havent looked back.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I got a few gray hairs from stress in high school when i was 17 and my dad made fun of me for it pretty extensively, which of course helped a lot.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I started getting a few reoccurring ones last year (28 right now) but otherwise I get mistaken for a teenager

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I pulled three white hairs out of my otherwise ginger/blond/brown beard this morning. I see a new one every day or two, have done since I was about 30.

I think most of them come out of the old scars, sporting and acne.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pasketti posted:

I started getting a few reoccurring ones last year (28 right now) but otherwise I get mistaken for a teenager

Holy cow you bumped a 2 month old thread

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's important to discuss this level of minutiae repeatedly so we can avoid the real world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
nobody tell seth about this thread, spinz was posting about her sexuality iirc