Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think I'll just leave this like this because...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Actually the first episode was super boring OP

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
What does Based mean

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Katamari Democracy posted:

What does Based mean

I'm not sure. But I think it's a good thing.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm not sure. But I think it's a good thing.

why did you use that in the op then

is that some sort of lingo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think its opposite of acidic.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

quote:

What does based mean? Based is a slang term that originally meant to be addicted to crack cocaine (or acting like you were), but was reclaimed by rapper Lil B for being yourself and not caring what others think of you—to carry yourself with swagger.

Hmm...so I guess the final season of GoT was based. So maybe based isn't good.

I dunno.

Is gurm dead?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Gurf still posts here sometimes OP

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Is gurm dead?

No, he just doesn't really like A Song of Ice and Fire very much.

He's still been putting out books. It's just about his dumb superhero setting where everything has goofy card names. Nobody reads it except the other people who write in the same setting (it's basically this club of authors roleplaying as superheroes, and I have no idea why they do it through books instead of just getting together for a weekend session), but that's his passion project.

That's what he thinks he is: a superheroes writer and a sci-fi writer. He doesn't really want to be "the biggest name in modern fantasy". If you like Game of Thrones, want him to write more, and never read his other stuff, he definitely hates you personally. He also hates that he needs to pander to you in order to make money. He would spit on you if he could, but he also needs you to keep working on the things he actually enjoys.

So that's why "Rise of the Dragon" will be coming out this fall. No, no, it's not a new A Song of Ice and Fire book. It's, uhhh, a lore supplement. It's not even really by him, it's mostly by the two people he has to do the grunt work for this sort of stuff. It will fill in some history of the setting for those who care about that sort of thing. So it's a metaphorical sort of spitting on the Game of Thrones fans that still remain, in exchange for their cash.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 29, 2022

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I wouldn’t debase myself with such filth OP.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

It appears that yet another popular form of consumable media has garnered multiple opposing viewpoints in the ol' GBS. What will the outcome be this time?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Also just loving lol if you've ever actually used the term based :getout:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

tv man scare me. tv man live in tv. tv man loud.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Huh? I don't get it. "Based" on what? :dadjoke:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Skeleton Ape posted:

Based on actual books didn't fit in the title.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It looks awesome. I'm only 10 minutes in already there's some creepy underaged incest with Dr Who.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It looks awesome. I'm only 10 minutes in already there's some creepy underaged incest with Dr Who.

Isn't that just the plot of Dr. Who?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No Dr Who wasn't related to any of the young ladies he kidnapped. He was an alien.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
But he was loving them, right?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

All your based are belonged to us

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

neato burrito posted:

based

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Waltzing Along posted:

But he was loving them, right?

Well it's a family show so it's implied but never explicitly stated or depicted.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

No, he just doesn't really like A Song of Ice and Fire very much.

He's still been putting out books. It's just about his dumb superhero setting where everything has goofy card names. Nobody reads it except the other people who write in the same setting (it's basically this club of authors roleplaying as superheroes, and I have no idea why they do it through books instead of just getting together for a weekend session), but that's his passion project.

That's what he thinks he is: a superheroes writer and a sci-fi writer. He doesn't really want to be "the biggest name in modern fantasy". If you like Game of Thrones, want him to write more, and never read his other stuff, he definitely hates you personally. He also hates that he needs to pander to you in order to make money. He would spit on you if he could, but he also needs you to keep working on the things he actually enjoys.

So that's why "Rise of the Dragon" will be coming out this fall. No, no, it's not a new A Song of Ice and Fire book. It's, uhhh, a lore supplement. It's not even really by him, it's mostly by the two people he has to do the grunt work for this sort of stuff. It will fill in some history of the setting for those who care about that sort of thing. So it's a metaphorical sort of spitting on the Game of Thrones fans that still remain, in exchange for their cash.

Why doesn't he just get a ghost writer and be done with the drat thing, or are The Fans adamant that he must personally give them millions of :words:?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

tbh I feel for Writer Beard

like he's put decades of work into this and just.... doesn't want to continue or care to finish. There's nothing ultimately wrong with that.
He's done everything he wanted, and has probably had the next thing planned out for so goddamn long that every word is a painful chore.

let the man do what he wants, weird superhero nonsense or stealing all the donuts from a video game studio if that's what it is.

you be you, godspeed, beard man.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Mooey Cow posted:

Why doesn't he just get a ghost writer and be done with the drat thing, or are The Fans adamant that he must personally give them millions of :words:?

I assume he simply, despite not wanting to finish it, at least cares enough about it as "his baby."

Look at the clusterfuck the show turned into. As soon as they ran out of words he wrote to work with it completely fell apart into poo poo. As a creative, his stance is probably "better to die with it not done, than to let someone else gently caress it up."

his legacy collapses if the ending is bodged by an idiot.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Lol, he doesn't even write any Wild Card stories anymore.

He's just the editor now, and here's where it gets fun.

They've always been edited by George RR Martin and Melinda Snodgrass*, with both names originally equally prominent on the cover.

Then as George's star ascended her name got smaller and smaller till it vanished into just being a note on the interior.

N.b. she's still editing them, just every effort is made to conceal both that fact and that none of the contents are by GRRM just as long as they can plaster GEORGE RR MARTIN in ever bigger letters on the cover.

I am quite certain he's abandoned doing any actual editing now and she's doing all the actual work, he just gets paid to have his name on the cover.

Honestly at this point I'm wondering when was the last time he actually personally completed anything.

*Who is still actually writing stories for these books.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Hot D posted:

pedophilic interracial incest

based

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wtf Geralt, get out of this trash fire

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
to be fair to geraldo he decided to go with a slightly older white girl

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it's feudal politics you can't project your values onto his, all you can do is talk about how awkward it is to watch

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Pac and Cheese posted:

it's feudal politics you can't project your values onto his, all you can do is talk about how awkward it is to watch

Got to love how they kept the pedophillia and incest but made a bunch of people from that family black because they didn't want to imply white supremacists are creepy weirdos.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Remember that part were some british king was gonna marry some girl but then he was like "you don't look anything like your pictures!!!" and had the marriage annulled. Put that in your show imo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mooey Cow posted:

Remember that part were some british king was gonna marry some girl but then he was like "you don't look anything like your pictures!!!" and had the marriage annulled. Put that in your show imo

That was Henry the 8th and he was a gigantic goonlord but for some reason, both americans and brits are absolutely obsessed with him like he's some kind of ideal to strive for.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I've invested more time into posting about the game of thrones (~10 minutes) than watching the game of thrones, so I will simply say "lol" and go about my day

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Yaldabaoth posted:

That was Henry the 8th and he was a gigantic goonlord but for some reason, both americans and brits are absolutely obsessed with him like he's some kind of ideal to strive for.

he had a huge, jutting codpiece on his armor and its pretty dope because it makes people think you got a big dinger and it gives you a place to store your weed

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Skeleton Ape posted:

Based… on POOP

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Katamari Democracy posted:

What does Based mean

it means incest is good, op

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Yaldabaoth posted:

Cuz he's Henry the 8th, he is, he is.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

neato burrito posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Debase yourself and face to bloodshed, friends.