Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

god please help me posted:

Starting to feel bad, lacking energy and ability to focus, really hungry for protein and meat, feeling bloated and watery due to eating a lot of carbs/vegetables but not enough of protein. I had to admit that my attempt to cut out one of three of the essential macronutrients was not going well, so I went back to eating meat and vegetables primarily, and felt better. I still eat carbs too, no worries. Just not as much as I was when I trying how long I could go without meat. My friends have reported similar experiences. That's why the article talking about a diet of only 3.7% meat substitute strikes me as not feasible for me.

Maybe B12?

https://veganhealth.org/vitamin-b12/vitamin-b12-plant-foods/

Basically, a Vegan diet is not sustainable by just eating food, because there's nothing Vegan that makes B12.
You need fortified products or supplements, quoth the Vegan society.

quote:

Fortified foods and supplements are the only proven reliable sources for vegans
https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/nutrition-and-health/nutrients/vitamin-b12

As far as sustainability goes, afaik an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian or low-percentage Ominovore diet would feed more people on this planet than everyone going Vegan, but I don't remember the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU