Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
Good post! I try not to get into the relative value of humans vs non-humans, but if you don't value the life of a thinking, feeling soul more than you value a hamburger on your plate then you are a dangerous, unfeeling creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
It sounds from this thread that fake meat actually more expensive than real meat in the US, is that possible? What is the price of a kg (or whatever unit) of soy mince vs meat mince?

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
The "individual choices/actions don't matter" is a bit tiresome because all choices and actions are made by individuals, and to convince yourself that none of them matter is a bad life philosophy, both for yourself and for others.
Certainly you can use this idea to justify any unethical behavior, but internalizing the thought will make you unhappy.

The 100 million strong vegan movement has absolutely changed the world for the better already and might save us all yet. But in the end, what matters to me is that i live according my ethics and beliefs.

Mata fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 31, 2022