Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Agreed, OP. Personally I could not live without eggs though. That is were I draw the line. Whenever I visit the veganism sub-reddit I am aghast at the purity contest going on there. In my opinion people who eat meat consciously and rarely are much further ahead than those who eat it like it grows on trees, but that is just me. Good informative thread though.
Seems like eggs would the the easiest "ethical" animal product consumption

Obviously mass egg productions is abhorrent, but our backyard hens live a pretty good life, they certainly have more personality than I would ever have given a chicken credit for before we started keeping them. The issue is that only satisfies a certain way of living unavailable to multifamily dwellings and people with nazi HOAs

Larger scale "Free range" egg production could help with this issue, but much like organic I get the feeling that it is simply a marketing buzzword with zero actual connection to the farming conditions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU