Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

It's crazy addicting. If they actually improve the gameplay systems with Sandrock I'd absolutely be in for it.

I played the EA when it became available and it was much improved in every way so far. I think the core gameplay loop is more or less the same, but every part of the process felt much better, flowed better, went smoother and faster. Load times also massively improved, and that was before the first optimization pass they did bringing load times like 90% lower, very tempted to just play the EA as it comes out.

The map and town feel better in Sandrock, I like the characters more, and the story has me more engaged and invested in the town. The basic theme of "working towards telesis" is just a nice vibe and theme. The water conservation stuff makes using water feel more fun than just busywork moving water around willynilly. The holiday games and stuff I've done were fun and felt fair to win or excel at. I have a hard time recommending Portia even though Sandrock isn't finished, it's just such a massive improvement all around I'd almsot say hop into it now knowing there will be bugs now and then and you'll likely reach the end of content until the next content patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU