Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Dreamlight Valley has a absolutely terrible running animation. No sense of weight at all and it's like you're running on ice the whole time. I'm not sure why it bugs me so much but it does.

and yeah, 'Disney propaganda' pretty much sums it up :v:

I'm a sucker for customizing stuff though so I'll probably play around with it a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

PancakeTransmission posted:

some bad quests (Remy asks me to make ratatouille but doesn't explain the ingredients - took me several failed attempts before i googled it.)

I sorta enjoyed being rewarded for remembering the dish from the movie :shobon:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I feel like Disney's usual environmentalist storytelling is undermined by me digging up half the savannah to grow soy to sell to a hypercapitalist in a tophat

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

LLSix posted:

Wait, what? Premium currency in a paid for game? Much less a relaxing farming game?

It's gonna go free to play once it leaves early access, they just decided to start the grifting early

It's a shame too, there's the bones of a pretty decent game in there

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 21, 2023

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

You can mitigate most of it by playing on game pass since you get a good chunk of the currency there. I will say that their battle pass equivalent is one of the better ones I've met, since you get like, 90% of the currency back if you complete it. Just don't buy any of the premium cosmetics. I haven't put any money in it other than a game pass sub and got pretty much everything (aside from shop items). Still, gently caress microtransactions.