Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I enjoyed what I played of graveyard keeper but inventory management and shuffling resources around got so, so tiring. Either give me bigger chests, or a warehouse manager zombie or universal inventory or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Private Speech posted:

There is a mod for that, called "Wheres Ma Storage", it's on Nexus.

Thankya, I might pick it back up then.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I enjoyed Harvestella at whatever discount I bought it at. Its definitely more of an JRPG with farming secondarily, but I enjoyed the corny story and the dungeons were generally pretty. Gameplay loop has you grow crops/raise animals/etc to make food, to be your primary healing method in the various dungeons. The fighting system is shallow but I kind of appreciated not having to think too hard.

Edit: added the game name to my post and realized that if you don't like the JRPG-y "Crystals are both good... and evil" you'll have a hard time liking Harvestella.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I got fashion dreamer recently too and I'm feeling about the same. Nice to turn off brain and play dress up and take pictures in the photo egg. It does feel like some sort of digital fashion purgatory because of the no story thing, tho. The running a boutique plot did need a change but not complete removal?

I heard it's some sort of harvest moon vs. story of seasons thing, too, which doesn't help.

I'm hoping to find some sort of little elf costume for my gimmick muse Berries & Creme but alas, not yet.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

These games really need 1) a way of tracking liked/disliked gifts and 2) a mechanical where they will give you the benefit of the doubt and say "Hey I really hate this thing, I won't accept it.".
(could probably add in some characterization where the nicer characters give you three chances where you give them fish entrails where the curdmudgeon doesn't say anything at all, etcetc)

I remember in Stardew, I think I just had a big stack of Coffee? Sashimi? and just checked out of having to figure out everyone's likes without the wiki. COULD be a fun mechanic if devs broke out of the mold.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Imagine a game with futures trading like the real world. Now that would be an interesting challenge for a dev to balance.

I know many games try and fail to stimulate an economy, but making it fun seems hard.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I think stardew was the first of its kind, too. I think it's a really solid entry on its own, but I remember when it came out it was a very refreshing take on a genre that was stagnating for the most part. Despite having a high tolerance for anime I didn't like the rune factory games, harvest moon was kind of getting shittier and story of seasons had yet not really gotten going. All three series were known for having lovely translations where even the more recent games have chunks of untranslated text Japanese text.

Just having something with charm, quality and respect for the player all in one was huge. Now we got lots in the genre and looooooots of clones.

(Though I want to get rid of the cave diving mechanic in all these games now. I do NOT what to fight through several lovely procedurely generated rooms just to get rocks. gently caress.)

Sunkissed city looks good but I initially thought it was an overhaul mod for stardew. I hope it does well, gonna wishlist it.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Maybe you could grow herbs to sell to various bougie restaurants around the city? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I've been enjoying travellers rest but I'm also playing it as something I half pay attention to while watching something. The main issue I have with it is that hiring employees mean the fun frantic bartending is automated away and the sloggish crafting/farming/mining is left.

It does have a craft from chest (if chest is in the configurable work area) which is nice. Plus the sprite work is great. I think they have plans on adding a town area in the next major update? It does need more time in the oven but it falls into the "bland" category more than "bad".