Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

if my summer car is one, then maybe The Long Drive is also one.

its life on the open road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Thats where youre wrong fucko! Im playing all these loving Farm games!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Jack B Nimble posted:

A phrase I use some times is I don't like walking sims, but most of my favorite games have a lot of walking. I played Morrowind, Skyrim, Witcher 3 without fast travel and savored the journey.

I enjoy constructing settlements, homes, colonies, and fortresses; I like carving out a safe space in a dangerous world. If I'm stopping at a camp fire in Eldern Ring or I'm back yst my fortress in Valhiem, I might eat or drink something in real life and leave the game on for mood (it's fun to pretend :shrug:).

Games I've enjoyed:

Skyrim with the Wildlander Overhaul
Morrowind with the Ashfall mod
Valhiem
Death Stranding
Fallout 4 with the Horizon Overhaul
The Longest Dark single player campaign

A lot of this is more in the Open World ARPG or the Survival vein, but I also see a lot of elements that push towards games like Harvest Moon. But I tend to want a bit more drama and overt push back from the game world, I think?

Its more Survival sim but You should try Vintage Story. Basically a hardcorish minecraft. Theres a thread for it here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012729&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Is Voices of the Void a life Sims game?
You arnt farming but you do do a job every day. You can even fish.

Its also spooky

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

HopperUK posted:

I had never heard of this and now I'm watching a youtube playthrough and am fascinated. I used to use telescopes like this sometimes at university. Never in a spooky woods though! Thanks for the tip.

Its strangely addicting. i recomend going in fresh, theres a lot of secret things and events that are made better if you dont know about them.