Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RF's team doesn't got a lot of money, and they had to switch it up to 3D. RF5 is still better than SD, especially in the combat dept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The true ending of that game goes to unexpected and strange places.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tamba posted:

Volcano Princess
There's an infinite action points/money loop, if you can be bothered to click a million times to increase your money by a small bit each time:
Wait until it's double pay season for the jobs and spend your action points on the highest paying one.
Use all your money to buy as much fertilizer as you can.
Use that to grow wheat, turn that into bread that restores your action points.
Repeat until you have enough money and/or bread.

Pick all the skills that seem like they would help with that (farming buffs, cooking buff, cheaper store prices)

Warning: doing this will make the blacksmith ('s son) absolutely love you, so I hope you were not planning on marrying anyone else

You can literally just buy the fertilizer and immediately sell it back for profit on 20% off days. I've not tried but I think you can get around the happiness gain by keeping Jermaine at unknown friend level

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Re:Fantasy is a fantasy personalike by the Persona team. It ain't what you're lookin' for

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Word on the street is that it's a civ like

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Picked up Volcano princess because the name made me confused and the fact that it has 200+ achievements

hopefully its good or Im deeming the child raising simulator genre done and over

I can assure you the title is not the only thing that's gonna confuse you. Great game tho

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Talorat posted:

It was also the first good game in the genre for like a decade. We take it for granted now that a cozy life sim game can be commercially successful but back when concerned ape was working on Stardew it was definitely a gamble. Personally I bounced off stardew about the point where I started feeling like my daily chores were becoming real work, but it’s amazing the effect it’s had on a lot my friends, family members, and the gaming industry as a whole.

RF4 was 3 years before it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I get what they're saying the mechanical depth is there, but of the things you can do in the game it is pretty far down the list of things I find enjoyable. Only combat is lower I'd think.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Crime doesn't pay

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The community center is a large part of the secret sauce for most people. It gives a good mix of short, medium, and long term goals that are introduced slow enough to be comprehendible but quick enough you don't get bored. At least until you complete it you almost always have multiple goals to be working on each day that provide some positive impact once they're all complete.

Sos and RF can often feel aimless if you aren't good at setting your own goals and are familiar with its systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's a quest from Linus on the mayor's board that involves fishing up twenty pieces of trash, using the fountain shortens to quest significantly and sort of makes sense.