Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Since fishing is mentioned in the title, figured I'd give this game a mention.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1562430/DREDGE/

Not out yet but the demo has some promising reviews, so it might be worth keeping an eye on for a launch sale. Looks to be a fishing sim where you dodge the occasional sea monster and slowly uncover some sort of supernatural mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
All of Odencat's games (Fishing Paradiso, Bear's Restaurant, etc.) tend to be fairly similar in that the gameplay, while enjoyable, is fairly light and trivial, and mostly there to provide a framework for the real meat of the game: slowly getting to know a cast of melancholy pixel people and helping them overcome their past trauma. That's not to say that they're bad games, of course. If e.g. helping the newly dead come to terms with their death and the uncertain eternity ahead of them is a concept that appeals to you, go for it, but if you're looking for an in-depth fishing sim/restaurant manager/etc. you might want to look elsewhere.

Speaking of fishing games, though, DREDGE is scheduled to unlock today, if you want a side of spooks with your fishing.

Inadequately fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 30, 2023

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Happened upon this game the other day when it was brought up in Discord.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1681600/Cornucopia/

Early-access Stardew-like, has a 2.5D perspective that I don't think works super well for it (hard to see what you're aiming at when farming), but the main notable thing about it is the fact that they felt the need to showcase all 32 marriageable NPCs in the Steam description.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I genuinely go back to The Urbz: Sims in the City (2004) for the GBA every once in a while, and while a large part of that is nostalgia I do also think most of it holds up reasonably well. Wish they still made Sims games like that nowadays.