Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
This threads great its literally all the kinds of games my partner loves to play so I can find her good recommendations :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Never cared for Ark, it just seems like all you do is tame dinosaurs. Like it looks like there more to do in the game, but you can't do it because the world is too dangerous until you tame all those dinosaurs, and its so slow and tedious. Probably doesn't help that it runs like poo poo on my computer too.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

sithael posted:

this is probably my favorite economic / life sim game just because of the political / dynastic elements, it's the only game that matches Crusader Kings in that regard imo. I wish there was something similar / less buggy than this - is the 3rd one even worth trying?

I really like the sequel (after its expansions) The Guild II: Renaissance. It's one of the jankiest games alive but its incredibly fun and hilarious. It's also a really fun multiplayer game if you can get it to work.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

The game does provide some help, IIRC - something like the failure product you get from a bad combination being a hint as to what you need to add/change to make a good one. It's not very clear about that though, and obviously that still doesn't help you find the specific recipes you might need.

I believe there are alternative ways to find recipes for different potions in the game. In the dungeon and I think some people sell them too. But I dont remember exactly its been a while since I last played the game and I always just looked up the recipes because who cares.

That aside, I very much enjoyed Graveyard Keeper. I thought its core gameplay loop was very well done. Its a game where theres always something you need to be doing, so much that I would often forget exactly what task I had to be doing besides that which I was presently working on. But there's no hard time limits and a six day week and you can eventually get a means to skip time pretty swiftly if you miss something.

It doesn't often advertise some its mechanics well and theres stuff thats feel unfinished or tacked on, like some buffs you can get give utterly pathetic bonuses and the dungeon doesn't respawn or get all that interesting.

But it does a lot well and what it does well it does really well.