Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing Wylde Flowers and I really dig it, but what the gently caress is up with the economy in that game. I made some juice, went to sell it and it sells for less than the component ingredients! Went on the wiki and it looks like that's a common thing across all recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
okay, I can see that. It's not affecting my enjoyment of the game, I just found it really weird.

I never noticed the price changes in Graveyard Keeper, because the only things I was mass craftin was whatever would spit out the blue experience!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yeah for such a queer seeming game, the romance options are very limited. I'm probably going for nthe doctor, but Kim was my backup. Giva did seem nice, though. I've just gotten the quest to advance to fall, but I need to let my crops finish growing and I think I still have some cotton to plant.

Money wise, sugarcane was my goto in summer since each piece cooked down into 4 sugars.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

skeleton warrior posted:

Yeah, all of the Story of Seasons Harvest Moon games and all of the Rune Factories seem to be 50% off on Steam.

Has anyone broken down which of the modern HM games/ports are actually fun?

Def want some recommendations, Harvest Moon was an all timer for me

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Sunhaven is on sale on steam, it's been on my wishlist for a minute now and is rated very postive. Anyone here play it?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

It will definitely amuse you for a while. I enjoy levelling up the different skills and I like the fantasy setting. The character art is all fuckin *hideous* to me and that was the main reason I dropped the game after my most recent attempt to get into it. I feel like it's a game that could be a lot of fun for the right person but I have never gelled with it.

For reference if it helps I love Stardew and Graveyard Keeper but have never managed to really settle into Portia or Sandrock.

I like all of those games! Well I haven't gotten sandrock yet, but I enjoyed portia.

I'm using a controller to play, so my spacebar is safe. Wish me luck!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So I'm digging Sun Haven, but it's almost as if there's too much to do. I'm am flooded with quests that give minimal direction, there's a million crafting stations to build, and despite all that it almost seems directionless.

Having said that, I'm enjoying my time with it, even though my anxiety is telling me I should be progressing the main quest or some poo poo. It's interesting. If I hadn't also just bought the werewolf cyoa, I'd probably grab something from this sale too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah them giving you two other farms to manage was a huge loving miss, I mean they give you ways of growing the other crops at your main farm but its was a bad idea.

Yeah I haven't even gotten to that point yet! I've just been loving around and I think this is another game like Wylde Flowers where finished products can be sold for less than the combined cost of their ingredients.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Megazver posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2402280/Werewolf_The_Apocalypse__The_Book_of_Hungry_Names/ I imagine

It's by Kyle Marquis who's very good at writing these. (He wrote VTM: The Night Road, if anyone else here CYOAs.)

Yes this. I dislike interactive novels, but Night Roads was so good and this is also starting off real strong.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

you need a husbandry angle so you can raise sheep

Sheep you say?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, i'm gonna end up returning runefactory 4, y'all weren't kidding when you said it was very anime. I've been fast forwarding through nonsensical dialogue for at least five minutes and don't seem to be close to any actual gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Nope, already put in the refund request. I almost did it immediately when the dialogue choice of "gently caress yeah we're flying" was boy and "oh no we're very high" was girl.

Yeah waiting on Sandrock, I might reinstall Portia or Graveyard Keeper