Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Zesty posted:

Stardew is the gold standard of this genre.
I played Stardew pretty hard when it came out, but I dunno if I can go back to the vanilla experience now that I've played games where you can craft from chests and whatnot.

Will ConcernedApe be mad at me if I start a new save with the Better Chests mod?

Jack Trades posted:

IMO, Sandrock is the cream of the crop. It's miles ahead of everything else in the genre.
How would you evaluate Sandrock for someone who played Portia all the way but overall regrets it

game just felt like a big singleplayer MMO with yucky combat where I'm running the same circuit every day giving trinkets to weird little guys

my inclination is to give up on the series but is the sequel that much better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Silver Falcon posted:

And if you haven't played Stardew since it came out, boy howdy there will be a lot of new stuff for you to check out. The game received some massive updates since it launched!
I got far enough on release that I was making star fruits in the greenhouse and making boucoup bucks, 63 hours apparently. Just didn't stick with it for the Year 3 rating.

I've tried to pick it up again to go to the island, but it feels like an archeological project. I'd love to top off my relationships with all my town friends but the last time I gained any hearts with them was before the Trump administration.

that being said, if I decided to restart for a second and probably final run at it, should I pick the normal farm or one of these crazy ones?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Eiba posted:

Wildmender is just about the most fun game I've ever played.
well that's certainly a powerful endorsement

I've spent a couple dozen hours with Planet Crafter recently, which otherwise sated my hunger for "barren place comes to life".

but maybe there's room for more. couldn't be much jankier than Planet Crafter