Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

In Sandrock you can see the likes/dislikes you’ve discovered about them in the NPC-information section of the info menu.

Coral Island does the same thing, but yeah, the whole system needs an overhaul. There's too many items. No one wants to try each item with each character. Like, that should just be part of the each character's bio: "Rachel likes muffins, coffee, and pink flowers." Or make the NPCs say what they want. Or have a gift action that opens the inventory and shows which items the NPC likes. Or when you give them an item they dislike, have them suggest something better. Like there's a bunch of different options that don't involve blindly giving one of hundreds of items to each character, one at a time, hoping it's not a reject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I managed to get a ton of play-time out of Coral Island 1.0 on the Xbox. It's definitely a visually updated Stardew Valley. I only ran into one major bug, that forced me to skip a festival, but otherwise it wasn't broken and I didn't feel like it was missing anything. But yeah, I ran out of content eventually so I'm excited for the updates!

I bought and binged My Time at Sandrock over the weekend. I loved Portia, and this feels like a better Portia in every way. I haven't even gotten to any of the relationship or farming mechanics but I'm loving it so far.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Jyrraeth posted:

(Though I want to get rid of the cave diving mechanic in all these games now. I do NOT what to fight through several lovely procedurely generated rooms just to get rocks. gently caress.)

Completely agree. I'd also be okay with streamlining some of the farming mechanics. Like do I really need to dig, plant, water, and fertilize every single plant by hand? I get that there's a progression and eventually you can automate some/most of that, but it takes way too long to get there in most farming games.

I love how in Sandrock you can just change your selection size and do like a huge grid at once. All games should steal this mechanic.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Zesty posted:

Steam Farming Fest until May 6. Might be a good time to pick something up.

There's a similar https://www.humblebundle.com/games/down-on-farm?partner=cozyteagames (that my therapist just sent me)

Umbreon posted:

If you hadn't just bought the what?

Choose Your Own Adventure (I assume)