Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
I loved SDV but bounced hard off Portia. The aesthetic is awful and I didn't quite gel with the gameplay.

This was years ago so maybe it's gotten better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
Yeah I enjoyed Spiritfarer for a bit but got so annoyed with the gameplay I dropped it.

My usual go-to for those situations was to just any% my way to the end but I just got too frustrated.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
I too wanted to like Spiritfarer but just found the grindiness too repetitive. I wasn't much interested in the characters or their fetch quests either.

Too bad too, I liked the art direction.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
So much of human behavior is predicated on incentives, often financial. A game with a bad economy fails to incentivize certain behaviors, often to the detriment of gameplay.

Red Dead 2, despite being an otherwise great game, has one of the worst economies I've ever seen. I was disincentived from being an outlaw because the game just throws money into your lap. Why bother sticking up some stage coach for $20 when the game rewards you with 2k for a bank job. Just dumb.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
Exactly. A simulated supply and demand system is what games need.

This could lead to things like arbitrage, futures or starting your own merchant logistics and trading company.