Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Fartington Butts posted:

I have a $90 pair of sunglasses that I use every day because I work mostly outside in a sunless place. They do me good.

I also spend a lot of money on sunscreen.

Do you work in the underworld?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
What about a pair of those Inuit bits of woods with a little line gouged out of them, they’re artisan made and have a low environmental impact.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Torquemada posted:

What about a pair of those Inuit bits of woods with a little line gouged out of them, they’re artisan made and have a low environmental impact.

You could make those from carboard sourced from a cereal box and a shoelace

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Just drop by the nearest bar or restaurant with outdoor seating and make friends with the wait staff. They will have a drawer full of random sunglasses, hats and pullovers that customers have forgotten.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Fruits of the sea posted:

Just drop by the nearest bar or restaurant with outdoor seating and make friends with the wait staff. They will have a drawer full of random sunglasses, hats and pullovers that customers have forgotten.

I scored like 3 pairs of super chuddy Oakley's working in a bar and they had very nice lenses for driving. Didn't really care that they made me look like an off duty or MLB pitcher because who cares.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

I scored like 3 pairs of super chuddy Oakley's working in a bar and they had very nice lenses for driving. Didn't really care that they made me look like an off duty or MLB pitcher because who cares.

:cheersbird:

The most coveted items at my old bar and restaurant jobs were always chargers. It got to the point where I had a extra iPhone charger in all my bags and earbuds for each jacket I owned.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Perfect timing!

https://www.jomashop.com/designer-sunglasses-sale-event.html

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

b mad at me posted:

This is your problem. This applies to not just sunglasses but your entire life.

You're a loving pushover. Grow a spine and do what you want.

He got run out of the Taco Bell thread on a rail, I don't think anything can help him.

I hope he likes his new glasses though.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you actually want to spend as much money on sunglasses as possible

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Buglord

Zarin posted:

He got run out of the Taco Bell thread on a rail, I don't think anything can help him.

I hope he likes his new glasses though.

I was hoping nobody remembered that

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Just look at the top selling sunglasses on Amazon in whatever price range you feel is reasonable and choose some you like

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Tosk posted:

Just look at the top selling sunglasses on Amazon in whatever price range you feel is reasonable and choose some you like

now this poo poo is just downright unreasonable.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I have bought these sunglasses two at a time for almost a decade because I inevitably lose one or dive into a river or some poo poo and I always have a second ready to go in the glovebox. They're dirt cheap so I don't feel like poo poo for losing them, they're light, they stay on your face, the polarization is excellent, and they don't look too stupid.

These glasses and Anker batteries are safely my best finds on Amazon over the years.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 1, 2022

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Blenders are sturdy and affordable sunglasses, with different options for polarization, etc. Lots of different styles to choose from too.

I also like Shay Rays, except they are not nearly as sturdy, but they are even cheaper.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Maui Jim's ftw.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Squiggle posted:

I have bought these sunglasses two at a time for almost a decade because I inevitably lose one or dive into a river or some poo poo and I always have a second ready to go in the glovebox. They're dirt cheap so I don't feel like poo poo for losing them, they're light, they stay on your face, the polarization is excellent, and they don't look too stupid.

These glasses and Anker batteries are safely my best finds on Amazon over the years.

At that point you can just buy bulk tinted safety glasses because they look the same.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Have you tried just squinting when it's sunny?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

dot communist posted:

Have you tried just squinting when it's sunny?
[img trump staring at the sun]

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

costco, my dear boy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

get sex pervert sunglasses

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

dont get sunglasses, you know youre trash and dont deserve them

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Bro Dad posted:

dont get sunglasses, you know youre trash and dont deserve them

Easy now, I think OP deserves sunglasses even if he is trash.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I buy my sunglasses cheap at Ross cause I'm a moron and lose them constantly. I probably have half a dozen pairs somewhere in my house that i forgot where i put them. I try to keep them in the car but somehow i always forget I'm wearing them and bring them in the house. Then I'm too lazy to go back to the car. Anyway i can't imagine paying more than like 20 bucks for something so easy to break or lose. I'm not used to getting nice things though. I've only recently gotten to a point with my income where i can afford dumb things like sunglasses that cost several hundred dollars.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you pluck out your eyes with a teaspoon right now you'll save hundreds on eyewear. Possibly thousands!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Buglord

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you pluck out your eyes with a teaspoon right now you'll save hundreds on eyewear. Possibly thousands!

There's a story of this girl who did a AMA about clawing her own eyes out (due to a psychotic episode made worse by recreational drug use) and by god i wish I could unread that story because i have this fear of this happening to me if im sufficiently stressed out by Victoria 3 sucking or whatever

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

buglord posted:

There's a story of this girl who did a AMA about clawing her own eyes out (due to a psychotic episode made worse by recreational drug use) and by god i wish I could unread that story because i have this fear of this happening to me if im sufficiently stressed out by Victoria 3 sucking or whatever

Seems like you made a poor choice in reading that story

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

get sex pervert sunglasses

those are just regular glasses. do you even knoiw what sunglasses are? sometimes i wonder about you; i really do.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Could be transition lenses, you won't know exactly how creepy these guys are until you drag them out into merciless UV light of the sun

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

You don't need sunglasses if you shun the light of God and walk only in darkness, op

You might need a flashlight though.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if the sun is too bright i just rub dirt into my eyes.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fruits of the sea posted:

They really ought to have a sunglass mannequin next to the coat rack, or just some styrofoam heads to put your sunglasses and hat on. :thunk:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Dixville posted:

I buy my sunglasses cheap at Ross cause I'm a moron and lose them constantly. I probably have half a dozen pairs somewhere in my house that i forgot where i put them. I try to keep them in the car but somehow i always forget I'm wearing them and bring them in the house. Then I'm too lazy to go back to the car. Anyway i can't imagine paying more than like 20 bucks for something so easy to break or lose. I'm not used to getting nice things though. I've only recently gotten to a point with my income where i can afford dumb things like sunglasses that cost several hundred dollars.

Get some of these (only if you're radical enough to pull them off, that is)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

This is bullshit, blind people absolutely love sunglasses

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Wifi Toilet posted:

Hell yeah :c00l:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Buglord

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Seems like you made a poor choice in reading that story

for once the clickbait article delivered, too bad it was still gross and upsetting.

yo Chinatown, these Blenders sunglasses I ordered havent shipped yet. my loins are quaking with anticipation here.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dunno what it's like where you are from.

But in Aus, you can always buy a cheap $15-20 pair of sunglasses from any servo. They are neither good quality, nor fashionable.

But if your issue is cost, there you go.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Buglord

BrigadierSensible posted:

But in Aus, you can always buy a cheap $15-20 pair of sunglasses from any servo. They are neither good quality, nor fashionable.

I got some $20 cheapie ones from Target which ive had for almost 2 years now. They got scratched almost immediately and after using my Ray Bans again, I realized how poor Target ones were in terms of reducing glare or eyestrain when driving. These will be my holdovers until the other glasses come (I ordered two in similar styles and slightly different styles - i'll return the pair that doesnt fit as well)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Wifi Toilet posted:

I like your pineapples and palm trees, but me, I prefer the Jerry bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

:confused:

Let's see.................

........oh there we go