Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Squiggle posted:

I have bought these sunglasses two at a time for almost a decade because I inevitably lose one or dive into a river or some poo poo and I always have a second ready to go in the glovebox.

and you're helping pollute the planet with your loving lost sunglasses

christ what a prick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkaIHRK35g
Just listen to this song op it will answer all your questions. Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Dixville posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkaIHRK35g
Just listen to this song op it will answer all your questions. Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

ZZTop is the best rock/blues band ever, and I take offense at using their music to encourage this rear end in a top hat to continue spreading his lovely sunglasses everywhere

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
my Blenders glasses, after seemingly spending days in Kentucky, suddenly teleported to my mailbox. lets see how they go.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Just buy Blenders because the entire brand was built on not being gas station sunglasses and not as arbitrarily expensive as bigger name brands. Plus they have some designs that will make you look like a real rear end in a top hat which is a plus.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

I just got clip on sunglasses for my prescription glasses and they work really well and were only like $7

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah but that's dorky af you might as well get transition lenses

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah but that's dorky af you might as well get transition lenses

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the more the sunglasses make you look like a bug or a robot or a robot-bug the better

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my sutros fkin own and make me look like i know what im doing on my fancy bike

that said, i have one KOM, but its due to blowing multiple stop lights and signs on a sicknasty downhill course

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

one of my KOMs is from drafting a city bus up a hill, i think im gonna hold onto it forever, but if your city is a certain size its like impossible to get KOMs at this point though

i own these robo-cop looking MFers

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bus drafts are the bees knees :haibrower:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I wear these op

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Doctor Butts posted:

I wear these op

lol hell yeagh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
did u get your glasses OP

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
I did! I returned the pair that fit just a little too tight but the other pair works and fits perfectly :cool:

mission accomplished, thanks chinatown

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Another SA success story

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

buglord posted:

I did! I returned the pair that fit just a little too tight but the other pair works and fits perfectly :cool:

Well, let's see them

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

well lets fuckin see em then

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

just start banging a bartender. heavy pours and as many pairs of sunglasses/hoodies/charging cables/bags of random drugs you can handle. Also you get laid.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone have any real recommendations

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Vegetable posted:

Does anyone have any real recommendations

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

=)

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I have an old pair in my car if you want em.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

seconding pit vipers

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

my sutros fkin own and make me look like i know what im doing on my fancy bike

I bet everyone who sees you thinks you're a total rear end in a top hat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

b mad at me posted:

I bet everyone who sees you thinks you're a total rear end in a top hat

yeah it rules

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

yeah it rules

so you didn't kill yourself after all

nice! welcome back

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

buglord posted:

Hi goons,

I need sunglasses because my cheapie $20 target ones are giving me headaches. I have some 2013 $230 polarized Ray Bans but multiple credible sources have told me I look like a doofus in them. I'd prefer to not spend too much money on glasses this time around in case I break them/I lose them/they're stolen. Thing is, the only brand i know is Ray Ban and Oakley and the former probably has a huge luxury tax. I feel like most brick and mortar stores (like sunglass hut) are going to have bigger markups, and Amazon is probably flooded with Chinese counterfeits/false advertising. Do ya'll know of any places (store or online) where I can get polarized and UV 400 glasses without spending over $100?

Do you use any kind of prescription at all? I get my sunglasses from zenni optical. Mirrored lenses in a color of my choice, frame of my choice, and they are prescription so I can see long distances outside easily. It p much owns.

They are around 40 bucks even with all that. I've recently moved into round lenses and they look dope with the mirrored tint

Also pit vipers are so goddamn lame lmao

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
mr buglord just go to a gas station

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

b mad at me posted:

so you didn't kill yourself after all

nice! welcome back

im still in Europe pedaling around and drinking beers :blastu:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Something like 90% of sunglasses brands are owned by Luxxotica or whatever and they're poo poo quality.

I'd recommend Serengeti if you're serious about sun protection because they have actual glass lenses and aren't part of some crazy monopoly.

They arent cheap though.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My tip for saving money is to hit up a local ski and snowboard shop while they are doing a summer clearance. You'll get good lenses at a discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

im still in Europe pedaling around and drinking beers :blastu:

Sounds great. Just maybe take some advice from this travel agent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwlC2B-BIg