Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Not only are we on time, but opening a little early this year! TFF's favorite pick-it-and-kick-it game is back.

Most of the time, we hate kickers. They warm up, they line up, and they miss. In this game, we love them through all their faults.

What's a Kicker Eliminator?
Back in 2013, IcePhoenix decided to spice up the Eliminator idea by making one revolving around the most unappreciated of positions: the lowly place kicker.

Here's how it works: Every week you select an NFL kicker. If they make all their field goals and extra point attempts, you keep playing!

Any other rules I should know about?
1) You must select your kicker before kickoff of the game they're playing in by posting in this thread.
2) Once you have selected a kicker, you cannot use them again during the regular season.
3) If your kicker doesn't attempt a kick that week, you're eliminated.
4) In the last three weeks of the season (and beyond, if necessary), a kicker may be picked by no more than half the remaining players, rounded up. So if 5 people are left in Week 15, only two can pick the same kicker.
5) If all remaining players are eliminated in the same week, they all move on to the next week.

Can I change my pick?
Sure, as long as neither kicker's game has started. Do NOT edit your posts to change your kicker, just make a new post and say you are making a new pick. Try not to pick an injured kicker or, God forbid, a kicker on a bye week.

So how do you win this thing?
Simply be the last person standing! There are a few things to in keep in mind:
- If more than one player is still standing by the end of week 17, the winners will continue picking into the playoffs. This has never happened since the extra point was moved back.
- In the unlikely event that we reach the playoffs, any kicker from any playoff game can be picked. You may pick the same player more than once if they advance, but Rule 4 still applies.
- If by some miracle two or more players make it all the way to and through the Super Bowl, well,, they're all winners. This will never happen ever.

....and of course, the game-within-the-game that has spawned countless iconic moments is back again!

Kicker Roulette
-Eliminated players still pick a player every week but with a twist - you add a number next to their name
-If your kicker makes one from that exact distance, you hit the magical KICKER JACKPOT
-Hitting the jackpot summons you back to the land of the living and you will be back in the game again
-You may pick any kicker even if you picked them when you were alive, and your Roulette pick does not affect your game if you hit the Jackpot
-Extra points don't count in roulette, the kick must be made as a field goal
-You may hit as many Kicker Jackpots in one season as you can. If you're that good, you deserve it

Just add "ROULETTE:" in front of your pick and your entry will be shaded a different color on the scoreboard. Since Kicker Roulette's inception we've typically been good for at least one or two Kicker Jackpots a year, so it truly does pay to play if you like kicker eliminator!

:siren: Please submit your kickers in this style: Week 1: NE - Tristan Vizcaino (please don't pick Tristan Vizcaino) :siren:

quote:

:siren: KICKER ELIMINATOR GRAND PRIZE :siren:

If you beat out all other adversaries in Kicker Eliminator, not only do the Kicker Gods curse your name as "the one that got away," but you will also receive a *free* forums upgrade of your choice! Graciously offered by our friendly former SAS mod and admin Athanatos, the winner of this season's eliminator can choose an avatar/title, platinum upgrade, archives upgrade, gangtag, smilie upload....whatever you want.

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WadOIDmVPNALJ_gp9RLywGg5VVNBsPE_iXVhbZp96C0/

barnold fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
mandatory viewing for this years thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RpszpeO8C4

Kicker Graveyard (all the kickers we've lost this season):
#1 - Rodrigo Blankenship (waived by IND after 2 out-of-bounds kickoffs and a missed FG in game that ended in a tie)

Previous Kicker Eliminator winners:
2021 - Aggro
2020 - Dango Bango
2019 - Play
2018 - corn on the cop / latinotwink1997
2017 - WaffleZombie
2016 - totally losing my mime
2015 - Mind_Taker / Saetaere
2014 - Infidel Castro
2013 - swickles (requires archives to view)

barnold fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 13, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hey barnold!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

hi cavy :cabot:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's me.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Week 1: NE - Tristan Vizcaino

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

barnold posted:

Previous Kicker Eliminator winners:
2017 - Arnold Layne

Woah, what is this erasure? That was my championship year! https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...0#post478322753

But seriously, thanks for running this again, I love this game.

Week 1: PHI - Jake Elliott

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Week 1: HOU - Ka'imi Fairbairn

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Week 1: KC - Harrison Butker

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Week 1 - BAL - Justin Tucker

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Week 1 - ATL - Younghoe Koo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Week 1 - BAL - Justin Tucker

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Week 1 - ATL - Younghoe Koo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Week 1: SF - Robbie Gould

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I have absolutely no fuckin’ clue how I won last year but let’s run it back woooooooo

Week 1: Tyler Bass - BUF

This will either be brilliant or I’ll be the first one eliminated.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Week 1: LAC, Dustin Hopkins

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Week 1: NYJ - Greg Zuerlein

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe

barnold posted:

2016 - totally losing my mime

Well, that's humbling.

Week 1: NO - Wil Lutz

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Week 1: DET - Austin Seibert

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Week 1: ARI - Prater

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Trying to be the first to be eliminated this year.

Week 1: LAR - Matt Gay

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm here this year.

Week 1: DEN - Brandon McManus

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Week 1: TB - Ryan Succop

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

thursday night football goes by without a miss...congrats to the first two people moving on to next week

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I was terrified when they sent Gay out for that 57 yarder and he just crushed it.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

wandler20 posted:

I was terrified when they sent Gay out for that 57 yarder and he just crushed it.

I was absolutely convinced we were going to see the first elimination there. That thing was right down the pipe, I didn't know Matt Gay had it in him. He would have made that thing from 64

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Week 1: Justin Tucker, BAL

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Week 1: ATL - Younghoe Koo

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

all week 1 picks have been entered into the sheet, still plenty of time to get picks in before 1pm kickoff!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Symphoric posted:

Week 1: NYJ - Greg Zuerlein

:rip:

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

live dumb die yung

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Hey technically I think I advance. Woo (?)

e: Oh no I spoke too soon, he's going to try to come back into the game!

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 11, 2022

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I hosed up and forgot to pick one before so welp

Week 1: DEN - Brandon McManus

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I forgot to do this so I guess I gotta pick between Seattle and Denver

Uhh Brandon McManus - DEN

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

not like this, mcmanus pickers.....not like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

barnold posted:

not like this, mcmanus pickers.....not like this

:lol:

I think the last time I tried this I got eliminated week 1 too.