Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Is it possible to learn this power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbwz532EQw8

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i have enjoyed life, like at points

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I content myself with the knowledge that someday Smugworth will get banned for all the heinous poo poo he does on these forums.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It takes being in love imo

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Masturbate, play video games, watch a TV show you enjoy, Listen to music, find a good hobby... lot of people think having a purpose in life and making a difference will do it but those people are dumb fucks, do what you like, most people with the most "rewarding" jobs are also stressed all the time and secretly miserable. From my experience at least

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

Big Scary Owl posted:

Weed

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hulu has a thing called Solar Opposites. Yes, you have Hulu.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

watch this video if you don't enjoy life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6TLWqn82J4

if you still don't enjoy life then watch it until you do

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I content myself with the knowledge that someday Smugworth will get banned for all the heinous poo poo he does on these forums.

Smugworth is under my personal poster protection plan (PPPP) because he pays his dues and shows respect

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfkAicXmEo

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The bomb squad is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i80M_oQZfk

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
weed's not that great after a while

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I'll second love. Easier said than done of course.

But it doesn't have to be romantic love, it can be platonic.

And just all social interaction in general.

We basically start going nuts when too isolated.

Which is why they use solitary confinement as a still legal torture method.

But if nothing works out with other humans, you can at least go to nature. Grow things. Look at things. No need for your phone. Just chill for a few moments. Look, listen, feel. You'll probably feel better after.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT3cERVRoQo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

kntfkr posted:

weed's not that great after a while

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Smugworth is under my personal poster protection plan (PPPP) because he pays his dues and shows respect

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Butcher posted:

I'll second love. Easier said than done of course.

But it doesn't have to be romantic love, it can be platonic.

:hai:

I love my best friend. I love her like I've loved no one else, but in an absolutely platonic way. She's the sister I never had and I never want that to change. She's brought me into a wider social circle that I really enjoy being a part of and every day I thank the universe for bringing us together

You don't have to make it romantic but making friends and hanging out is a good first step. Look, it ain't gonna cure all your problems. I finally found a therapist who's broken me down and built me back up and got me on anti-depressants and that's made a world of difference, but being around people is a good start

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

half the time i smoke i just get instantly self critical and it's not fun

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Scary Owl posted:

I just do

Even when it sucks

I wish I could teach this power, I really do

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Just get really high once and then try to capture that feeling for the rest of your life

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

The Butcher posted:

Which is why they use solitary confinement as a still legal torture method.

i think the social stuff is really the basis of it. if you don't have that, all the hobbies and passions etc are reduced to distractions from how you are alone and dunno what really to do, maybe try out this random thing? they can still be enjoyable but feel more hollow than they would if you had that basic social need filled. having people in your life make it possible for it to be actually fulfilling.

i'm sure there are a few people out there who legit don't care, but i think 95% of people who say they don't are just lying to themselves or don't notice that they actually have plenty of social connections.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

kntfkr posted:

ah i have this issue sometimes. i do mostly edibles and cbd vape carts these days.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Tomorrow hates you.

Punch its poo poo in.

Then do it again.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’m a sad loser, but I enjoy giving much love and attention to my two cats. They are my world.

Also, perusing thrift stores and antique shops. You don’t have to buy anything to enjoy vintage things.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

kntfkr posted:

Ugh the same thing has happened to me with edibles. It starts out nice but then I just get paranoid and regretful of everything I've done, ever.

Love is fine and all but for me I'd rather not depend on someone else for happiness, you can lose people so easily for whatever reason and then you're 10x as miserable. But yeah i mean if you find someone and stay with them till you die, that's awesome but i don't think everyone is destined for that.

Also just in case people don't realize, you can do all the things i listed before with other people too, if you like.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

dunno, op. Have you tried joining a cult? Really works out for some people.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

step number one: not being one of the 25,000 people that starved to death today

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Buce posted:

dunno, op. Have you tried joining a cult? Really works out for some people.

There aren't any cool cults to join

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

op i know youre looking for enjoyment and all but at least odds are you wont be eaten alive like most things have been and will be

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Go for a long walk (or bike ride), then jack off in the shower. Works every time.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Seeking not much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTaRZI7-K4o

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

op i know youre looking for enjoyment and all but at least odds are you wont be eaten alive like most things have been and will be

I sure hope not. Life sucks and then you die (horribly???)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

no no more like "man! huh... i am REALLY enjoying not being eaten alive right now. not bad, not bad at all."

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

man ill be damned i probably wont be eaten alive. take that stupid law of averages :smug:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Big Scary Owl posted:

There aren't any cool cults to join

Start your own and rip a bunch of people off.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Smashing time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-30i1f5e0

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Life is more enjoyable the younger you are, so do your best to not grow any older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where is the heart? The kernel? The meat of it all? The eternal ecstasy that god is entitled to? The indestructible form, a dog hanging its head out of the car window, perched on the edge of morrow, yet the limits of his cheeks are only real as cartoon speed. At the center of the universe is a human skull, ablaze in the wind of time, flames trailing for miles. All that which eternity has not eroded, howling and uncertain winds, yet spirits in his breath woven like earth and direction, forward. Time and flesh made by desire. :v: