Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a fuckhead like me.

Existence is meaningless except for what meaning you put into it. Don’t sweat if you haven’t figured it out yet.

Life is baseline painful, so it is up to you to fill it with as much pleasure and happiness as necessary to outweigh the baseline pain.

The world sucks and is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better (and then worse again). Don’t get too involved in it. If your lifestyle allows it, consider being more of an observer than a participant.

Consider the possibility of “eternal return.” You are cursed or blessed to live this exact life the exact same way over and over ad infinitum. Whether this is a blessing or a curse is up to you. The actions you take throughout your life should continually push it to be the best life possible, and on you would be content repeating forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JrlKcoD1Qw

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Maybe you could find your soulmate and have sex w/ them a lot? Can’t be that hard.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKti7QixnJI

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

The guy at that concert was enjoying the hell out of life that night. Take notes, OP.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Not from a fuckhead like me.

Existence is meaningless except for what meaning you put into it. Don’t sweat if you haven’t figured it out yet.

Life is baseline painful, so it is up to you to fill it with as much pleasure and happiness as necessary to outweigh the baseline pain.

The world sucks and is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better (and then worse again). Don’t get too involved in it. If your lifestyle allows it, consider being more of an observer than a participant.

Consider the possibility of “eternal return.” You are cursed or blessed to live this exact life the exact same way over and over ad infinitum. Whether this is a blessing or a curse is up to you. The actions you take throughout your life should continually push it to be the best life possible, and on you would be content repeating forever.

The eternal return is an absolute nightmare of a concept, I can't imagine even the person with the best life wanting it to be real.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Like fleck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq-oVyxJJUs

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Big Scary Owl posted:

The eternal return is an absolute nightmare of a concept, I can't imagine even the person with the best life wanting it to be real.

It’s not like you “remember” or know it’s happening.

Just err on the side of caution just in case it’s a thing. I suppose this is like a secular version of Pascal’s Wager.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Devils Affricate posted:

Life is more enjoyable the younger you are, so do your best to not grow any older.

very much this

should have been thankful to be alone

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Where is the heart? The kernel? The meat of it all? The eternal ecstasy that god is entitled to? The indestructible form, a dog hanging its head out of the car window, perched on the edge of morrow, yet the limits of his cheeks are only real as cartoon speed. At the center of the universe is a human skull, ablaze in the wind of time, flames trailing for miles. All that which eternity has not eroded, howling and uncertain winds, yet spirits in his breath woven like earth and direction, forward. Time and flesh made by desire. :v:

shut the gently caress up

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don't

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Madre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t2-rJo5bdw

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

have something to look forward to, when that comes have something else to look forward to. don't let other people dictate how you 'should' be living but do evaluate how you're living and if you can do something to make it better. building connections with people is good, too.

also join my ufo cult

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

do increasingly dangerous and exciting things until you experience a consequence severe enough to alter your definition of enjoy

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

do increasingly dangerous and exciting things until you experience a consequence severe enough to alter your definition of enjoy

Like masturbating on a bus.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Find a way to get paid without actually doing any work

It owns pretty hard, I gotta say

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Find a way to get paid without actually doing any work

It owns pretty hard, I gotta say

I work from home too.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DELETE CASCADE posted:

shut the gently caress up

Chill THE gently caress OUT biotch.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I work from home too.

Yeah today I rolled out of bed, clocked in, did like two emails, then went out with my wife to Costco for a while (on the clock). Came back, did a couple more emails and then in the afternoon I took a 3 hour nap.

I gotta say, it's pretty great

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

then get me a job there you piece of poo poo i dare you

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEI3ygPsKX8

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

:same:

I want free money too!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Big Scary Owl posted:

:same:

I want free money too!

literally type "remote" on indeed.com location search dudes

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUSkZCoGalo

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

literally type "remote" on indeed.com location search dudes

:okboomer:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6nRXPzX1A

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I systematically work to eliminate anything from my life that mildly annoys me or at least the need to think about it. I’m honestly not quite sure where any of the keys to my house are because keys annoy me.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Vote republican.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
Becoming more sensitive to experience in general helps. As we get older, we learn to mediate our experience with habitual mental activity in an attempt to insulate us from pain and to maximize reliable strong pleasure. The novelty of pleasant experiences tends to wear off and we just watch for the hit of dopamine. It also tends to dull our capacity to enjoy experiences that aren't initially hedonically interesting or that we are biased against, reasonably or not. Relearning how to relax very deeply is great for working on this, as it gives a reference point for experience without a lot of volitional activity going on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Have you tried being rich, OP? If not, I recommend you get a load of money. More than you can ever spend. It's a good place to start.

then give it all away

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Sophy Wackles posted:

Vote republican.

Cancel a conservatives vote out by doing the opposite.

Neither of you win in the exchange, but at least you did your part to participate.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This whole thing is good, but the last 5 or 6 minutes, the jam back into Confrontation is a good way to enjoy life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hrPGTgBWFs

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Butcher posted:

Cancel a conservatives vote out by doing the opposite.

Neither of you win in the exchange, but at least you did your part to participate.

Why would you cancel someone’s happiness like that? :mad:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've smoked so much weed trying to get to happiness that I don't feel normal anymore and weed is just like a cigarette. I've acquired a small cough. I have no short term memory. I can't do math. Complex thinking is too much effort. I'm going to sleep.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Cant you atleast find a little joy in others misfortune? Tune your missery into hate, and find a hate club that suits your cause.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I get paid to draw and when I get tired of it, I can get paid to make other people draw. Drawing and getting paid are both good, OP.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I was happy for a few months in 2014 and 2016 and 2019. it is possible op, but you just can't have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Das Boo posted:

I get paid to draw and when I get tired of it, I can get paid to make other people draw. Drawing and getting paid are both good, OP.

can you draw me an abstract representation of desolation