Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Methanar posted:

can you draw me an abstract representation of desolation

there are AIs for that now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Methanar posted:

can you draw me an abstract representation of desolation

Someone beat me to it:

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

roomtone posted:

there are AIs for that now
Finally got a prompt working for this: hyper detailed. isolation, 'blasted psyche'!!!!!!!. 'emotional poverty', broken person, wasted life. trending on artstation 4K UHD unreal engine award-winning concept art

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Methanar posted:

I was happy for a few months in 2014 and 2016 and 2019. it is possible op, but you just can't have it

You willingly moved to Las Vegas, what did you expect

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
OP, have you tried pooping?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Life is the worst form of existence – except for all the others that have been tried.

- Winston Churchill, 1969

Put that on your wall OP next to a sign that says "Live, Laugh, Love" and you'll be all set.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I put a painting of Churchill being beaten to death by Indian nationals in my bathroom and it makes me so happy every time I take a poo poo.

naem
May 29, 2011

kntfkr posted:

i have enjoyed life, like at points

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That's a good way to describe the not uncommon idea that happiness exists in moments to be cherished when they're here rather than pine for them when they aren't. If I was perfectly content then I wouldn't move.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i figure one day I'll be about to die and I can either say "lol life sucked" or "lmao life was cool"

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Get into a hobby, find music you like and listen to it lots, fill your life with distractions.

Find a drug you like and do it a lot. I like mushrooms. Thc fucks me up too much so I take CBD gummies with a THC microdose.

Surround yourself with friends who share the same gallows humor at the face of constant misery and impending disaster or surround yourself with people who don't have chronic sadbrains and just don't talk about how it feels to be the only one that seems to notice the ship is sinking and there are no lifeboats.

Take antidepressants. I recommend Wellbutrin XL because it pairs nicely with psychedelics and mdma.

Don't do M too much because if you do it more than every 4-6 weeks it makes sadbrains worse.

Do mushrooms a lot.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh ya and wank a lot, like a whole bunch.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Personally, I like waking up from a dead sleep and petting my elderly cat. He may be demented but than so am I, so it works.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Smoothie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BWBn26bX0

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Lmao perfect.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is it possible to learn this power?

You need tons of money, and the easiest way to get it is to just steal it.

(But if you get caught you go to jail.)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The truth is, Op, sometimes I can't. Most of the time, I can delude myself that I am enjoying my time on the forums.

But in the wee hours of the pre-dawn morning, when I desperately wish I could sleep, I'm haunted by the grim realization that there are only two possible conclusions to my posting life: that I will finally be made a moderator without my consent and have to make a tough choice. To rule the forums with absolute power, a dark lord for whom all posters shall love and despair, or post one last time a banme and diminish to the outside lands of grass.

The thought that I will be made a moderator one day, that keeps me up, op.

But then I remember in the meantime William Henry Hairytaint is an absolute cad with a fur turd for a pet who embarrasses himself daily, have a chuckle, and fall back to sleep.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I had electrodes implanted into the pleasure centers of my brain and press a button to release dopamine. That is how I enjoy life.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
1 word: race cars

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
One thing I really enjoyed recently was eating a small amount of mushroom chocolate and then going into the ocean and looking at clouds. I felt like I was 12.

Other times though, mushrooms just make me feel mucusy and very aware of the fact that I have skin and that it is dry and itchy and/or wet and I don't like either and feel gross and bad.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I do love this song tbh and I wouldn't sleep on it

also peep this version done by 70 different animators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV38-JImG1w

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

The Butcher posted:

I'll second love. Easier said than done of course.

But it doesn't have to be romantic love, it can be platonic.

And just all social interaction in general.

We basically start going nuts when too isolated.

Which is why they use solitary confinement as a still legal torture method.

But if nothing works out with other humans, you can at least go to nature. Grow things. Look at things. No need for your phone. Just chill for a few moments. Look, listen, feel. You'll probably feel better after.

I have thought a lot about this. Solitary confinement + weed and video games would be my personal nirvana.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zeluth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6nRXPzX1A

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

why has this obvious bot account not been banned?!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Because it's not a bot and that's all I'm going to say about it

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This made me crack a smile on my stone-cold brick face, so life ain’t all that bad :)

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

That's delightful. I enjoyed several minutes of life

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You pack up your troubles in your old kit bag, and smile, smile, smile.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

enjoyment sounds like something a commercial would try to convince you came from, say, a gum...but im really not sure this is actually the case

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fall in love with and marry a person who earns much, much more than you do. It might not be THE key, but it sure don't hurt.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

ReidRansom posted:

Fall in love with and marry a person who earns much, much more than you do. It might not be THE key, but it sure don't hurt.

yup, because it enables this:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I would not refute that even if I could

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

kntfkr posted:

i have enjoyed life, like at points

same; unfortunately at most of those points i was under the influence of hard drugs

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Understanding what controls desire and satisfaction and influences basically every thought process and action you take is probably a good place to start.

loving dopamine, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmOF0crdyRU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Buy peanuts still in the shell op

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBArMmngVH4

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

dsf posted:

same; unfortunately at most of those points i was under the influence of hard drugs

my wife and kids won't let me smoke hard drugs no more :mad:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Credible posted:

Understanding what controls desire and satisfaction and influences basically every thought process and action you take is probably a good place to start.

loving dopamine, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmOF0crdyRU

I see that in the video one of the chapters mention wellbutrin, which I've heard good things about it but I never tried it. Anyone here have experience with it?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
To live is to suffer, and I intend to have a very long and full life :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he has like 50 probes and outright bans for posting random youtube links over the years lmfao. i had no idea he's been on this for so long. he's super committed to being the no context unexplainable random youtube link guy and hell, mods love him for it. thjat's #cOntent baby