Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
maybe he's symbiotically linked to the forums and they can't perma him because it will be legally classed as murder. i can't think of any other explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Find something to live for, OP.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

How are u posted:

Find something to live for, OP.

zeluth has chosen youtube links, for example

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

maybe he's symbiotically linked to the forums and they can't perma him because it will be legally classed as murder. i can't think of any other explanation

his account is load bearing and it cannot go or else the forums die

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Big Scary Owl posted:

I see that in the video one of the chapters mention wellbutrin, which I've heard good things about it but I never tried it. Anyone here have experience with it?

Ya I mentioned it in my post get welbutrin xl that poo poo is dope. An antidepressant / anti anxiety med where sex is still good and you can do MDMA? Sign me the gently caress up.

You do have to give up booze, though.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

EvilJoven posted:

You do have to give up booze, though.

???

I'm taking Wellbutrin and drinking as normal. I just googled to see what the effects are, and I haven't experienced any of them. Seems like something my doctor should have mentioned...

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The trick is to not have anhedonia, op

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

???

I'm taking Wellbutrin and drinking as normal. I just googled to see what the effects are, and I haven't experienced any of them. Seems like something my doctor should have mentioned...

Ya for real. It's all 'don't drink or you might get seizures' and that poo poo is verified medically and has happened to a shitload of people.

OTOH when some people go all 'dont do mdma or you might get seizures' that's apparently based on the fact that both welbutrin and mdma lower seizure threshold so there's an assumption that those effects will stack. I've never heard of this actually happening to someone and looked really hard in medical journals and stuff to find any news of it. The only thing I found was a medical trial they did to see what happens when you mix the two and apparently the result was it'll make your roll longer and the comedown less lovely and that sounds like a p dece bonus.

So ya don't drink just switch to weed mushrooms acid and mdma.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 1, 2022

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i like to get real high, walk my dogs, and listen to techno music.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Earbuds in almost 24/7 and it's p much all liquid d&b

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

EvilJoven posted:

Ya for real. It's all 'don't drink or you might get seizures' and that poo poo is verified medically and has happened to a shitload of people.

OTOH when some people go all 'dont do mdma or you might get seizures' that's apparently based on the fact that both welbutrin and mdma lower seizure threshold so there's an assumption that those effects will stack. I've never heard of this actually happening to someone and looked really hard in medical journals and stuff to find any news of it. The only thing I found was a medical trial they did to see what happens when you mix the two and apparently the result was it'll make your roll longer and the comedown less lovely and that sounds like a p dece bonus.

So ya don't drink just switch to weed mushrooms acid and mdma.

Man, I like drinking. Might have to get off wellbutrin. When's my next doctors appointment...

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

flubber nuts posted:

i like to get real high, walk my dogs, and listen to techno music.
Same but I don't have a dog and am actively trying to get one so I guess you're a step ahead.

Oh yeah, and plants. I loving love plants.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
Hump a lot. Boys, girls, both at the same time. Your choice.

Failing that, masturbate as much as possible. And do drugs. The good ones.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Big Scary Owl posted:

I see that in the video one of the chapters mention wellbutrin, which I've heard good things about it but I never tried it. Anyone here have experience with it?

It made me want to kill my family and prevented me from sleeping for a week after two doses. Did the same for my dad.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Jelly posted:

Same but I don't have a dog and am actively trying to get one so I guess you're a step ahead.

Oh yeah, and plants. I loving love plants.

when it comes to dogs, bigger is better. also been jamming d'arcangelos audiovisual designs lately, perfect variety in here for walkin around :lsd: https://youtu.be/B1ZYA6P8BOA1

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It made me want to kill my family and prevented me from sleeping for a week after two doses. Did the same for my dad.

:stare:

That's... reassuring

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Nigmaetcetera posted:

But did you enjoy life?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Glad it worked out for you and your dad. Modern medicine is amazing.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

But did you enjoy life?

No of course not. I guess I felt better after they gave me choral hydrate and I slept for 24 hours.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually nevermind

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

FWIW, Wellbutrin (300mg here) was an extremely positive life changer for me and gives me a good base line for my mood that I now rarely dip under, and I drink socially and have never had any issues with seizures or anything crazy like that

My wife however got even more suicidal when she tried it years ago, so it has just a broad range of potential side effects that can be exacerbated by a lot of things

The booze thing is odd, you just gotta talk to your doctor and if you don't want to take the risk, don't, but it's definitely not cut and dry "give up any and all booze no matter what"

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Good soup! posted:

FWIW, Wellbutrin (300mg here) was an extremely positive life changer for me and gives me a good base line for my mood that I now rarely dip under, and I drink socially and have never had any issues with seizures or anything crazy like that

My wife however got even more suicidal when she tried it years ago, so it has just a broad range of potential side effects that can be exacerbated by a lot of things

The booze thing is odd, you just gotta talk to your doctor and if you don't want to take the risk, don't, but it's definitely not cut and dry "give up any and all booze no matter what"

Yeah it's been zero side affects, with drinking, for me. Turns out I have a check up appointment in 3 weeks so I'll ask about it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Big Scary Owl posted:

If you don't like cumming, you'll love Wellbutrin. Would go well with lifestyle chastity play. CUZ U CAN'T loving CUM ON WELLBUTRIN. At least I couldn't.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nigmaetcetera posted:

This was Chantix for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoD8A_2G9zU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Regardless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbMiqIdeME

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

man, SSRIs are weird. when I was in my late teens, I was put on a huge daily dose of lexapro and it was loving awful -- provided no relief but tons of side effects. in my 20s I switched to paxil, and the difference was profound. I'm on/have been on many different meds over the years, but paxil really improved my life. I think that since nobody actually knows how SSRIs work from a psychological standpoint, you really have to shop around to find what works.

That's just ssris, though. AEDs and benzos are a whole other can of worms if you're in the broken-brain business.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kntfkr posted:

If you don't like cumming, you'll love Wellbutrin. Would go well with lifestyle chastity play. CUZ U CAN'T loving CUM ON WELLBUTRIN. At least I couldn't.

Yeah you just feel happy because you’re stupid on that poo poo, smart people can see everything is poo poo and cum super hard from the anger. :hmmyes:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've been on Wellbutrin since May and I can nut just fine.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

i thought wellbutrin was a joe rogan supplement or something, but apparently you can get it on the NHS for reasons as mild as wanting to stop smoking.

is this andrew huberman guy a fuckhead? cos i've got a long shift ahead of me and i might put it on in the background.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WxDrVUrSvI

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

flubber nuts posted:

when it comes to dogs, bigger is better. also been jamming d'arcangelos audiovisual designs lately, perfect variety in here for walkin around :lsd: https://youtu.be/B1ZYA6P8BOA1

I live in an apartment with a 30 LB limit but my therapist said she'd write me a note for an ESA but that's not the same as a service animal so I don't know if that earns me any clout.

Regardless I've been trying to look in the 40 pound range because if anything maybe it'll give me a little leeway. I doubt I can bring home a Great Dane though.

I really want a Golden. :love:

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I'm someone who can't feel comfortable with life if I'm not moving around. I don't mean as a nomad on a horse (or tech bro living in a van, I guess the modern trope is), but I mean physical movement, exercise, etc. I hate running; it sucks rear end and feels bad. I do weighted calisthenics now for my main exercise and to build girth, and I walk and ride a bike to get around the area.

I was very physically active as a kid, teen, and young adult, but there was a section of time where I just walked or rode bikes, or sometimes did jogging, and it was totally miserable. I found I really need weight training and exertion to exhaustion to reach what my body wants, so weighted calisthenics makes up for that without needing a gym. When I finally found that missing piece, it really made life intensely more enjoyable, and gave/gives me something to look forward to whenever I am not doing it.

If I can't do that kind of stuff for more than a week, then I really feel like life is missing something. Games, books, visual media, etc., are good hobbies I enjoy, but they are not mandatory for me the way movement is. If any goons reading this miss doing some sort of physical hobby that sits on their minds when they are not doing it, and might not feel satisfied with what they have been doing for a while, I highly recommend "shopping around" to find a new sport or movement habit that will break you out of the same old physical routine.

roomtone posted:

is this andrew huberman guy a fuckhead? cos i've got a long shift ahead of me and i might put it on in the background.
AFAIK, and don't count on this take too much because I stopped listening to him after his initial run because I didn't care much for him, but: he was all over the place in the beginning, going on vegan podcasts, rando TV interviews, and not appearing to have any sort of political or ideological agenda to him. Currently, he's big on the Joe Rogan circuit and all those types of media bros, and has many of the same guests as Rogan has on his show, promoting some of their controversial and or scoffed-at science/medical ideas. He is good in his area of expertise but I think he saw that he could branch out and promote himself and his podcast as like a general mental health wellbeing guy that makes manosphere, gym bro, MMA, carnivore/keto, etc., crowd feel good, but without leaning too hard into it. It's up to you what to make of that.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I was on a string of anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds on and off from 2004 through 2015. In 2015 I had a breakdown that cost me job and that was when I said I had had enough and swore them off. They'd always followed the same pattern: they start off good, I'd feel euphoric for a month or two, then that wears off and you can either increase your dosage and hope it comes back, or quit/try something else. There are many issues with increasing the dosage. I've always been susceptible to obvious side effects and increasing the dosage also means increasing the intensity of the side effects. Another issue I've encountered with every anti-depressant is that my depressive episodes would be much harder to deal with while on meds than when not on meds. So it might mean feeling really good or at least a little better much of the time, but even worse than before other times.

Well, cut to this year when I realized I need help with focus. Got diagnosed with adult ADHD. Problem is, typical ADHD meds like Adderall are stimulants which cause me to get extremely irritable (although caffeine doesn't do this to me). I tried Strattera because it's supposed to not have as much of a stimulant effect, and holy poo poo did that send my emotional stability for a ride. I stopped it. Doc suggested Wellbutrin because it can help with focus. Although I had sworn off anti-depressants, I gave it a shot. That was in mid June. I felt the best I have felt in years. It helped a little with focus but I felt so drat positive with no side effects that I was willing to continue it.

Well, it must have worn off, like they always do, because as of two weeks ago I stopped feeling great and it seems to be giving me headaches and drowsiness. I went back to having depressive episodes as strong as I used to have when I was on anti-depressants before. I'd rather not try increasing the dosage. Really disappointed because I thought I finally found something that works with little hinderance.

TL;DR - antidepressants work for some people but are a very dangerous gamble. Lots of people end up in a trap where the anti-depressant makes them MORE depressed which convinces them that they clearly need the antidepressant. They can really destabilize you and gently caress you up and probably shouldn't be the first step toward feeling better as they often are used.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I take wellbutrin but i also take a few other meds so iunno if it helps or not. I have bipolar though not just the regular depression. Other drugs seem to help me more. I found out if i don't take actual ssris i get severe morning nausea. It started when i was about 13 and it went away when my gp prescribed zoloft. Everyone thought i was pregnant but apparently it was anxiety or psychosomatic something or other! I also have to take abilify or i start digging into my scalp till it bleeds. Real nice brain i got here.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJHIFiD3Na8

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I watch a lot of Seinfeld OP. I probably laugh more now than when I first saw them.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is it possible to learn this power?

Oh yeah, absolutely.

Here's what I do:
1. Get away from all other people
2. Read a book or
3. Play a video game or
4. Look at butterflies and birds in the yard or
5. Read a Philip K Dick book or
6. Watch funny videos on YouTube

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Making GBS threads can be enjoyable. If i remember correctly it's also the word filter for making GBS threads which also can.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Dixville posted:

Making GBS threads can be enjoyable. If i remember correctly it's also the word filter for making GBS threads which also can.

It's true! You can also go gently caress yourself, which is very enjoyable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I like to have an epic mushroom trip about once every few months. This tends to help put things in perspective.