Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Unironically the best part of Ffxiv is the Fashion Souls aspect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I do like how handily it outdoes GW2 in that respect despite GW2 marketing itself on fashion being the endgame goal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

It's the endgame.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
apologies for interrupting the weekly argument but i finished the new monkey island and i think it's good.

have a nice evening.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

apologies for interrupting the weekly argument but i finished the new monkey island and i think it's good.

have a nice evening.

please have a meltdown about the artstyle to better fit in with thread culture

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is it still called a point-and-click adventure game if you play it with a controller?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
October Games Chat Thread has been run out of business by Jeff Bezos.

For the next 31 days it will be the Spirit Halloween Games Chat Thread.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does SA have a Spirit Halloween thread icon?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4013721&perpage=40&noseen=1

the link looks weird?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxboTIkY6js

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hatty posted:

What’s the Infinite Jest of video games?

Too Human

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/ZullieTheWitch/status/1575973627518128128?t=NA-KIXyOHlVFUqAQsTX81Q&s=19

every time this gets teased i get my hopes up and when nothing happens i tell myself to not do it next time, and yet :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Bullshit. Kid me was stumped on that boss and forced me to go to Gamefaqs, I demand you get stuck on it too /s

It's ok, I ensured that justice was served for VG's transgressions :black101:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Now that Crystal Dynamics isn't under Square-Enix, I figure there is more chances of Legacy of Kain coming back.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jay Rust posted:

I have never seen someone post their FF14 character that didn't look like a generic NPC

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ometeotl posted:

I have never seen someone post their FF14 character that didn't look like a generic NPC

i gave myself dumb anime hair with the equivalent of a different colored racing stripe down the center of it because of this problem

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bullshit. Kid me was stumped on that boss and forced me to go to Gamefaqs, I demand you get stuck on it too /s

Rarity posted:

It's ok, I ensured that justice was served for VG's transgressions :black101:

It was wild. Everyone on stream has already played the game so knew what to expect, but seeing as they were all zombified and it looked like Yunalesca only had 1300hp left, I thought it more prudent to use Auron to land the final blow rather than heal them all despite the boss being next after Auron.

Turns out this was the smart thing to do thanks to that move being mega death and me already being a zombie!

Also I got sent to a load of dark aeons by everyone right after, which wiped me out immediately, as justice.

However, everyone will still know that I have so far beaten the two toughest bosses first time by sheer luck :) :twisted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

However, everyone will still know that I have so far beaten the two toughest bosses first time by sheer luck :) :twisted:

You didn't even mention the end of phase 3 where you avoided a party wipe because a confused Auron missed attacking himself

I'M NOT MAD DON'T PUT IN THE PAPERS I GOT MAD

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ometeotl posted:

there's a bunch of cool armor sets, including lots of really good looking ones that you get guaranteed from your job quests, but xiv players really go for the casual jeans-and-tshirt styles

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mix. posted:

https://twitter.com/ZullieTheWitch/status/1575973627518128128?t=NA-KIXyOHlVFUqAQsTX81Q&s=19

every time this gets teased i get my hopes up and when nothing happens i tell myself to not do it next time, and yet :smith:

It'll never be the same without Tony Jay

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

You didn't even mention the end of phase 3 where you avoided a party wipe because a confused Auron missed attacking himself

I'M NOT MAD DON'T PUT IN THE PAPERS I GOT MAD

It's too late, we'll have to run a correction in tomorrow's paper :sweatdrop:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also ff14 would be 69420% better as a single player game but it's nice that its raking in sub fees so they can keep making more of it :shrug:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ah, OK, VG won by accidentally playing well. That's acceptable. *lowers pitchfork*

And also regardless of whether FFXIV is good or bad 2.0 onwards literally was keeping Squeenix afloat for the last years until they got their poo poo together and started releasing tons of good games this last years so it had to do something well.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

accidentally playing well.

This is the perfect way to describe my game playing style.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone have any strong opinions on the following games I will probably buy at least one of them to play through this weekend:

omori
klonoa collection
touhou luna nights
the sekimeiya: spun glass

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Luna Nights was neat

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

https://youtu.be/S89neINQmX4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone have any strong opinions on the following games I will probably buy at least one of them to play through this weekend:

omori
klonoa collection
touhou luna nights

The Klonoa games are the best platformers ever made

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

hatty posted:

What’s the Infinite Jest of video games?

Dragonquest 11

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

omori was a good game for the creator to explore their trauma through. it really feels like they monetized something they should've gotten therapy for

at least the art was neat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mods dropped the ball

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Is it still called a point-and-click adventure game if you play it with a controller?

No one questioned King's Quest 5 on the SNES, so the answer is yes.

Help Im Alive posted:

omori
klonoa collection
touhou luna nights

Omori is kind of weird and very dark.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Who’s making the SHOCKtober thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox