Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uudag2Lgt1g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I always imagined Mario ate the powerups. Which makes alright sense for mushrooms, and then decreasing sense as the series went along. Just monch cronching that feather down.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Shinjobi posted:

Here lies Halo Infinite. It just kept stepping on its own toes.

Never going to get over how the Halo series is the one series you can reasonably say "Oh yeah each story beat of the campaign can take place in a different biome like we're in a platformer going through fantastical themed lands" because the Halo rings were built to literally house a variety of biomes and then the Halo Infinite campaign just...doesn't.

A snow area in particular is all I'm asking for actually.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just realized some things I could have done differently in that Homeworld mission I was having troubles with so I guess I'm going to try it again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PunkBoy posted:

Just realized some things I could have done differently in that Homeworld mission I was having troubles with so I guess I'm going to try it again.

Which mission are you on?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Which mission are you on?

Mission 10, the Supernova one. I spent like 30 minutes trying to navigate the dust field and I was able to reach the research station, but then the enemy destroyers rolled in and wiped my fleet. I saw a video that showed a more direct path through the destroyers so maybe if I take them down first/capture them when my fleet is still strong, it'll make the later parts easier.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PunkBoy posted:

Mission 10, the Supernova one. I spent like 30 minutes trying to navigate the dust field and I was able to reach the research station, but then the enemy destroyers rolled in and wiped my fleet. I saw a video that showed a more direct path through the destroyers so maybe if I take them down first/capture them when my fleet is still strong, it'll make the later parts easier.

That one's a bit of a nuisance - your harvesters can make it to the side pockets and survive the radiation if you need more RUs. The destroyers can be handled easier with some throwaway salvage corvettes (though don't expect them to actually steal them) to throw them off then your fleet can engage. The research station's the one level where stealing everything sucks - you can salvage your way past the dust fields and they'll all start taking damage when you jump in lol

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

That one's a bit of a nuisance - your harvesters can make it to the side pockets and survive the radiation if you need more RUs. The destroyers can be handled easier with some throwaway salvage corvettes (though don't expect them to actually steal them) to throw them off then your fleet can engage. The research station's the one level where stealing everything sucks - you can salvage your way past the dust fields and they'll all start taking damage when you jump in lol

Yeah, if the corvettes can hold up the destroyers for a bit, that would be really helpful. I'll give that a shot, thanks!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I can't believe how bad that Halo roadmap is lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wuggles posted:

I can't believe how bad that Halo roadmap is lmao

It's amazing what a trainwreck HI's development has been and continues to be

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

It seems like Microsoft is just looking to sunset Halo as a series and move on from it, along with Gears of War. They are the least popular brands now for xbox.
It's just generic mismanagement

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope they at least get to do Gears 6 first and finish off their dumb story

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I couldn't even make it through Gears 5's campaign, it was boring as gently caress

The co-op game modes were pretty good though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

External Organs posted:

In the name of Me, a-Mario, I accept this message!

It's my favorite Hades dash powerup!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I couldn't even make it through Gears 5's campaign, it was boring as gently caress

The co-op game modes were pretty good though

Yeah I liked the multiplayer for Gears 5, it was my favorite since Gears 3, but the story was so terrible. I barely made it through the story, like the first few missions and then gave up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Finally, Prince of Persia

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally, Assassin's Creed in Jerusalem

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's retreading ground instead of doing something cool but at least it's a lesser used setting in wider video game land and not yet another game about vikings

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

DalaranJ posted:

I always imagined Mario ate the powerups. Which makes alright sense for mushrooms, and then decreasing sense as the series went along. Just monch cronching that feather down.

The feather I can see, I'd be worried about the cat bell.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

External Organs posted:

In the name of Me, a-Mario, I accept this message!

That dash is better but Poseidon's is funner

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Assassin's Creed x Tunic where you're in the Minoan civilization but everything is in Linear A and you have no idea what's going on

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i just acquired the ultimate power-up (a 144hz monitor) and it is absurd how much of a loving peasant reality i was living in on 60hz, jesus christ

it's admittedly also hammering home that i need to knuckle up and buy a 1080 but so it goes

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vermain posted:

i just acquired the ultimate power-up (a 144hz monitor) and it is absurd how much of a loving peasant reality i was living in on 60hz, jesus christ

I made this leap last year and it’s so loving good

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vermain posted:

it's admittedly also hammering home that i need to knuckle up and buy a 1080 but so it goes

This is why I will never buy a 144hz, to my brain 60fps is already the height of gaming fluidity, why would I want to go and ruin my standards by making accessible a setting not every game has and requires even more computing power if it can?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
60hz never looked choppier than after trying out a high refresh rate monitor.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Power up with a healthy breakfast

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Vermain posted:

My new PC can run 144hz full time and now everything else looks like a Gameboy.

Like holy poo poo I feel like an idiot for postponing and getting anxiety over it, best decision I've made in a while.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
20 is plenty

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully I'll just never have to upgrade my 1440p 144 hz monitor

4k gaming still seems crazy to me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my monitors are 75hz and evne that feels smoother than 60hz...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Were those smaller-scale sidescroller assassin's creed games any good? I think there were 3 of them and they were messing with the art style for each setting?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hopefully I'll just never have to upgrade my 1440p 144 hz monitor

4k gaming still seems crazy to me

1440p/144hz is the sweet spot IMO. Visible improvement over 1080p/60hz, not nearly as demanding on the system as 4k, and while I can easily see the difference between 1080p and 1440p (or 4k), I can't really see the difference between 1440p and 4k.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Yes. Good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm happy with 60... I'll be okay . ..

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
20 is plenty

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
My monitor after a year’s use randomly decided to shart out a column of dead pixels. I didn’t know that could happen.

It’s under warranty, but Gigabyte wants me to pay for shipping, which for an item of that weight and size is more than I’m currently comfortable spending.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

OoTbrained... hate to see it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its a superpower

Everyone else is complaining about the switchs frames and I can just enjoy the video game

Performance brain is the real scourge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally, Prince of Persia

This one apparently takes place in Baghdad, Iraq but unsure about what time period. Leaks/rumors are saying that it's going back to classic Assassin's Creed, doing away with the RPG system. I'm not really that interested in this if that ends up being true.