Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Personally I'm jazzed as heck and hopeful with shot number 4 I'll finally have uninterrupted 5G service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The moderna boosters felt like a planet fell on me. My sister, uncle, and others on my mom's side also got knocked out for ~36 hours from it. Meanwhile cousins on my dad's side got the moderna booster and barely noticed.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I only smoke camels shoot BioNtech/Pfizer

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I had the JJ single shot to start, and one booster once I could, moderna I think. Past time for my next booster, I think. Though I probably had covid a few months ago (felt Not Great, slightest of positive lines on two at home tests) but might as well get jabbed again. So far, nothing more than the "feel like I got punched in the arm for a day" side effects.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I didn’t see Biden’s speech but holy poo poo the right is frothing mad about it. I’ll never not enjoy the “are you triggered lib???” crowd getting just insanely triggered by mundane poo poo like that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I hope some stroke out over it.

I have no idea what the speech was about

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

maffew buildings posted:

Personally I'm jazzed as heck and hopeful with shot number 4 I'll finally have uninterrupted 5G service

There’s probably someone out there holding out for the combination Starlink/Neuralink/COVID vaccine from Musk Daddy.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was about baiting Trump and his followers to do stupid poo poo

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

The 4th shot made me feel like I was dying. I could barely move, and standing up took a massive amount of effort. I honestly wondered at the time if I had happened to actually become infected with COVID right before I got that booster. I won't touch Moderna ever again because of that terrible experience. Meanwhile, the Pfizer shots just made me feel weird for a day after getting them, in a manner that's very hard to explain. Closest thing to that feeling is starting on SSRI meds, and that's not really close.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Meanwhile, the Pfizer shots just made me feel weird for a day after getting them, in a manner that's very hard to explain.

Oh dude I know what you mean. I had that too, I call it brain fog. It was weird. Like, have you ever been so tired and/or hungover that your perception feels slightly off from reality? Like you turn your head, but all your senses are a split second behind that motion? It was that, and it was loving weird as hell.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Arrath posted:

Oh dude I know what you mean. I had that too, I call it brain fog. It was weird. Like, have you ever been so tired and/or hungover that your perception feels slightly off from reality? Like you turn your head, but all your senses are a split second behind that motion? It was that, and it was loving weird as hell.
Yeah it was sort of like that. But that feeling of being tired and/or hungover wasn't quite the same thing. Getting on sadbrains meds for the first time is a closer analogy. These type of meds are analogous to when you spontaneously find out you had a muscle you didn't know you had, like via PT or someshit, and it feels weird to have used it and pushed it.

Jimmy Smuts fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 2, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1565429340241813504

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cripes that buried lede.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Soylent Pudding posted:

The moderna boosters felt like a planet fell on me. My sister, uncle, and others on my mom's side also got knocked out for ~36 hours from it. Meanwhile cousins on my dad's side got the moderna booster and barely noticed.

The first booster hosed me up so bad, 103 degree fever, literally could not move from my bed, wracking chills despite both heaters in my room blasting, followed by sweat soaked sheets and hyperthermia. gently caress that sucked.

My second booster (3rd total and last) was pretty "meh" felt a bit crummy, tiniest fever, nothing awful.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Cripes that buried lede.

:stare: Jesus gently caress, you weren't kidding

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Cripes that buried lede.

Hooooooooooly poo poo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:ohno:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
The onion just posting current events these days.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Just in case, content warning: a woman gets a gun stuck in her face but it doesn't go off.

https://twitter.com/ukigoni/status/1565509037990494208

I don't know a single thing about politics in Argentina but the video is pretty shocking.

Alternative post: Japan 1 - Argentina 0

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I rarely read the article on the Onion because it's usually just variations of the headline joke but holy mother loving poo poo

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

He said MAGA republicans are extremists, a danger to democracy, and political violence is not an acceptable tool in a democracy. So of course they're gonna freak out.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're freaking out about ~threatening vibes~ because he had some red spooky backlights lol

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1565534255752663042

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
wtf stop making Biden look cool

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Should probably keep those lights set up until Halloween, no point in wasting them on this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Is it me or did the imagery there seem to take away from the intended message?

Like, this seemed like the kind of speech you'd have the prez sitting at the oval office desk looking directly into the camera over, instead of on stage backlit with guards behind etc.

Ultimately the speech on reading it seemed pretty good, but saying that in sort of the more menacing imagery / context seems like the message is less 'unity first heres the threat to this unity' and more 'here is a threat don't be on this side' kinda deal.

It's a small thing but given that the imagery is already being latched onto heavily by the detractors I can't help but wonder what the imagery added to the speech in any positive way.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

It's a small thing but given that the imagery is already being latched onto heavily by the detractors I can't help but wonder what the imagery added to the speech in any positive way.

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1565524388384055296?t=sSvQM18gn1N7YqY5eJ46Gg&s=19

Democrats historically have a midterm turnout problem which was bucked back in 2018. Biden's trying to turn them out again because the threat never left (though he was dumb to say it would have earlier). The imagery works to say "hey, poo poo's not all roses Jack!"

So he's tying all of the unpopular Republican positions (abortion, privacy, healthcare) to everyone running, then throwing a MAGA cherry right on top. Right now, a lot of the Republican primary winners are rapidly trying to moderate and scrub their sites of Trump endorsements and forced birth positions. And so the defensive reactions are exactly what he's going for - the "moderate" Republicans are getting mad, yelling, and defending their MAGAs, while the true MAGAs are putting Hitler mustaches on Terminal Centrist Joe Biden.

And news commentators are going HOW DARE HE POLITICIZE THOSE MARINES and getting immediate snapbacks of gassed protestors and the 36372 times Donnie politicized the military to remind everyone about that too!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Is it me or did the imagery there seem to take away from the intended message?

Like, this seemed like the kind of speech you'd have the prez sitting at the oval office desk looking directly into the camera over, instead of on stage backlit with guards behind etc.

Ultimately the speech on reading it seemed pretty good, but saying that in sort of the more menacing imagery / context seems like the message is less 'unity first heres the threat to this unity' and more 'here is a threat don't be on this side' kinda deal.

The detractors were going to latch onto something no matter what. It was a red/white/blue backdrop but the close in shots only showed the red. And it wouldn't have mattered regardless.

Then the pundits got hung up on Marines being in the background. Because you definitely can't go find pictures of all the other presidents giving speeches with anyone in the military visible in any way, no sir.

It really boils down to this:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The speech itself said this quite well.

fknlo posted:

The detractors were going to latch onto something no matter what. It was a red/white/blue backdrop but the close in shots only showed the red. And it wouldn't have mattered regardless.

Then the pundits got hung up on Marines being in the background. Because you definitely can't go find pictures of all the other presidents giving speeches with anyone in the military visible in any way, no sir.

It really boils down to this:

I understand all this too.

But again, what positive did the imagery give the speech? Seemed silly more than "tough" or whatever, I cant really tell what they were going for.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If the background had shown blue they would have latched onto the 'divisiveness' of blue = democrat and leaving out republicans and then deepfaked hitler and swasticas on the video anyway

You cannot fight these people in good faith.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Yup. And the background had red/white/blue lighting but you could only see the red on the close in shots. But it wouldn’t have mattered

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is that real? He doesn’t quite strike me as a smart person.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoggerific posted:

Just in case, content warning: a woman gets a gun stuck in her face but it doesn't go off.

I don't know a single thing about politics in Argentina but the video is pretty shocking.

Odds he had a Taurus?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Odds he had a Taurus?
Worse. Reported that he had a Bersa.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Spoggerific posted:

Probably was a Taurus. Which is weird, given how mad Argentinians are in general at Brazil.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

If the background had shown blue they would have latched onto the 'divisiveness' of blue = democrat and leaving out republicans and then deepfaked hitler and swasticas on the video anyway

You cannot fight these people in good faith.

In addition, gotta meet the voters where they are. Giving pure positive Americana imagery for a speech like that in a country where only 30% think we're on the wrong track isn't going to work and Republicans will still accuse Biden of calling them Nazis.

Plus we won't be talking about that speech after Next Trump Controversy X and it wasn't even broadcast on the networks that wide. I was watching two college football games.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

You don't need to be terribly smart to set up solar. You just need to be able to follow directions. Also understand electric code if you intend for it to be insurable.

Doesn't look like 60kw of storage to me but I've never seen a tesla battery up close.

E: if you're going to buy a Taurus, don't. But if you do, the revolvers are at least drop safe.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 2, 2022

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You don't need to be terribly smart to set up solar. You just need to be able to follow directions. Also understand electric code if you intend for it to be insurable.

Doesn't look like 60kw of storage to me but I've never seen a tesla battery up close.

It's a car battery, so obviously it handles 1.21 jiggawatts.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Another guy who doesn’t know the difference between science and technology/engineering

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A.o.D. posted:

It's a car battery, so obviously it handles 1.21 jiggawatts.

I think teslas come with 60-80kw packs. A 60kw would be roughly 6 of the 10kw powerwalls.

The flux capacitor was what made 1.21 jiggawatts, the delorean never had the ability to store that capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E: if you're going to buy a Taurus, don't. But if you do, the revolvers are at least drop safe.

If I saw that kind of wiring and storage job hooked up to a large battery I would run the gently caress out of the room.