Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

There are days when I miss my 21" Trinitron

There are never days that my back misses it. That fucker was drat close to 100lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I’m shocked there weren’t more stories about them being dropped and broken.

Lol, you're not breaking one of those bad boys. Theyre breaking whatever they fall on.

My Trinitron wasn't actually that bad. A guy I went to LANparties with had a 21" Viewsonic and the gun on that thing was 2 feet long I swear

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Armenia is also home to GiP favorite Joe Kassabian, Lions led by Donkeys host and twitter poo poo posting ace.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It is very on point to for the pillowman to have his phone seized at a Hardee's

Would only be more on point for Tromp to be arrested in a McDonald's drive thru

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeesh Miami is gonna be underwater by the end of the decade isn't it?

In Fionanews, the majority of Central Nova Scotia is still without power (90k customers), with about 30% restored.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a bitch in space.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Fat Bear Week is just the best.

It brings me joy and Holly is my girl.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You could just spend $600 and get an AR.

Burst fire is not worth enlisting.

Exactly. The giggleswitch is not worth it

Ok it's worth it sometimes nothing made me giggle like a 12 year old than going rock'n'roll magdumping a C7 other than hip-firing a belt of 7.62 out of the C6.

Instructors called it "getting the Rambo out".

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

stealie72 posted:

The Great Lakes. They're boring but they're safe, and their extreme weather events generally rack up single digit body counts.

Can confirm. It's cold but the homes are built and insulated for it. Same with summer heat, and basements help. Grid is largely nuclear and hydroelectric so plenty of baseload as well

Deaths are usually from some dickhead in a pickup thinking he can drive 100km/h in 2 feet of snow.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

That fencing response is full on UFC head-kick knock-out level, holy gently caress

I got concussed a few years back playing rugby, head to head contact straight to my jaw. One of those hits you feel your entire jaw crunching shut on

Headaches, short term memory loss, balance and concentration issues. Told my doctor that I didn't rightfully know how many concussions I've had, between contact sports and artillery about 5-6? I've never had a healthcare provider tell me something more forcefully than that doctor told me to stop playing contact sports immediately and indefinitely

When I quit the rugby team one of the young 20yo kids told me "it's just a conky bro, I've had 4". Enjoy your liquid brain bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Discussion Quorum posted:

Rugby likes to think of itself as the gentleman's game (or more precisely, "a thugs game played by gentleman, while soccer is a gentleman's game played by thugs") but the culture is toxic as gently caress. Not just around injuries but that's a thing too.

One of the guys from my last team died at a team party because he fell, hit his head, and they carried him upstairs to "sleep it off." I learned about this because an email blast went out asking anyone associated with the team to skip the funeral because there were some "hard feelings" with the family. Huh no poo poo.

I watched a guy take a knee to the head during a scrum, take 3 steps and fall face first onto the pitch. Full cardiac arrest. Members of the opposing team who were firefighters did CPR until the ambulance (who were at the pitch grounds) managed to bring him back. loving terrifying.

I also had a coach who told me that my job as a front-line was to break the other guy's knees. My guy I play Senior Seconds whaleshit rugby, I pay to play this game not the other way around.