Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The moderna boosters felt like a planet fell on me. My sister, uncle, and others on my mom's side also got knocked out for ~36 hours from it. Meanwhile cousins on my dad's side got the moderna booster and barely noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The USG hasn't standardized on an EDR. Under the cyber executive order there is going to be a short list of EDR solutions that satisfy the order's new infosec requirements that FCEB can then choose from.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Of the ones I've personally used, I love HX and loving hate Tanium.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The Navy's solution seems to be, like antivirus, "all of them at once, one stacked on top of the other".

loving 6+ GB of memory usage before you even run any programs.

If all the RAM is consumed by security bloatware there won't be anything left to run malware :mil101:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

In this day and age how does a large organization allow just anyone to e-mail giant distribution lists? The only folks who should have permissions to e-mail those groups are the teams approving and sending out internal announcements.

At work we have one overnight incident manager who seems to think anything at all happening should be sent to the IT-ALL distro "FYSA".

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I know nothing about Armenia/ Azerbaijan. What are they fighting over and is one less terrible than the other?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

fknlo posted:

How stupid do you have to be to not ditch your phone the moment they start getting seized for things that you were definitely in on?

The mindset of affluent white conservatives is that "law and order" is for keeping the other in their place. To the extent they are willing to recognize the justice system is cruel, capricious, dehuminizing, and brutal they revel in it's application to their lessers. It's victims deserve it for being criminals, disrespectful (insufficiently submissive), or minorities. They cannot conceive of themselves being on the receiving end because that's not the natural order and they self identify as good people. Likewise, when they are on the receiving end they are convinced it's a corrupt official specifically targeting them for excessive cruelty because they can't conceive this is the normal operation of a system their privilege previously insulated them from.

During the George Floyd protests one of the chuds in my family would not shut up about how Floyd was a criminal and had drugs and deserved what he got. I pointed out they're also a drug(weed)* dealer and had drugs with them that very moment so that means they deserve the same happening to them. Anyways that's reason #42069 why I'm a libtard soyboy.

Likewise when my stepmom got her DUI she developed the biggest persecution complex about how someone had to be personally out to get her and how excessively mistreated she was. At no point did she stop and reflect that it was the natural consequence of her choices under a system she supported. Instead she rode that victim complex straight into QAnon.

So yeah these chuds and magamorons don't do opsec because they can't believe that they're ever going to be held accountable for their actions.

*I have no actual problem with weed but do have a problem with hypocrites acting like their weed use is different just because they're white.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The great firewall of China being very literal today.

That sucks though I hope everyone gets out okay.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Shai-halud!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A.o.D. posted:

I don't think that a man who publicly identifies as Jewish would get in bed with nazis. Granted, in this hell timeline anything awful seems possible, but there you have it.

Yeah there are plenty of chuddy Jews who love to talk about how the left are the real Nazis while being racist as gently caress. Knew a Jewish guy from back in law school who spent 2016 posting about how the left wants to perpetrate a white genocide and in the name of never again we must vote Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

US Berder Patrol posted:

I was blessed to spend two summers working at a research station surrounded by national forest in one of the remote sky islands and it remains one of the most beautiful and biodiverse places I've ever seen. The fauna you would encounter on a day to day basis was just astounding -- premium birdwatching and herping. I won't even name it because I don't want you or anyone else to go there, but trust me, there are a couple nice spots in AZ. North Rim and the Kaibab are really great, in summer at least.

My takeaway is that Arizona, much like Florida, gets better the fewer humans are around.