Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Is that real? He doesn’t quite strike me as a smart person.

Another guy who doesn’t know the difference between science and technology/engineering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
One of the first indications to me that Biden had potential was this:

quote:

"President Obama was considering clemency, but I told him, ‘Over my dead body are we going to let him out before his time,’" Biden said. “If it were up to me, he would stay in jail for life.”
Biden allegedly made the statement during a meeting with rabbis in Boca Raton, Florida last week, when asked by one of the rabbis why Pollard had not been released.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah Israel is like, the most adversarial ally ever.

I was going to mention Turkey, but I don't think they've actually attacked us.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

slurm posted:

They're fascist ideologues making very deliberate choices to undermine society and punish the outgroup; the US voter is by no means stupid.

lol like have you talked to people?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

No more Richard Kyankas :(

https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/1566747559779078145

Also Kiwifarms real mad about organized attacks, man who knew.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like the pharmacy appointments for the bivalent COVID boosters are now online for both Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna.

Check your pharmacy though, around here CVS is a bit weird in that it states it's just "offering" Moderna with lots of references to scheduling bivalent boosters now but nothing explicit. Walgreens is much clearer and specifically states that the appointment is for the updated booster. Get your 6G reception y'all!

Edit: and vaccines.gov seems to be really poo poo at finding the proper locations, as there's no bivalent-only option that I'm seeing. So check through your local pharmacies.

Signed up for Walgreens on Wednesday, hoping that they actually will have it on hand and it's not just wishful thinking about how the supply will go.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crab Dad posted:

Oh boy can’t wait to flex on sailors in 2024 with my Ronald McDonald.

McDonald’s medal, GWOT-S, war heroes!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

psydude posted:

I'm not sure that's coming across the way he wants it to.

It is, because he's a Newsmax employee. His job is to keep the chud outrage levels stoked, not to convince anyone who isn't already stockpiling tiki torches.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Leave posted:

Holy poo poo, the Queen is dead.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61585886

I know, it’s over. Meet me at the cemetry gates.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What the gently caress is an at risk adult, and I’m far north of 30, am I likely to be vaccinated? I don’t have any idea where my vac records are, but it was 3 pages last time I looked at it circa 2014.

My father in law had polio as a child, been messed up by it his whole life. I know loving nothing about the disease because it was considered eradicated here before I was even born.

Goddamn, anyone know why we’re seeing these cluster fucks so much more frequently since like 2010?

Pretty sure the military sticks you for literally everything imaginable including polio if you hadn't already had it as a child.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's just Marine One not Marine Force One.

That just happens to be the name of any helo that the president is on. It's probably being flown by marines as well.

I think any ship he's on is technically Navy One while he is onboard, as well.

The ship is still the ship, but it flies his flag while embarked. http://www.seaflags.us/personal/SrOff.html#top

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cugel the Clever posted:

Wonder if I'll see a Space Force One in my lifetime.

Currently that would be an Econoline van.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LASD has been run by internal gangs for fifty years. Oversight doesn't have a chance.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

He didn't get any money. He funneled the money into a new volleyball stadium at his alma mater because his daughter played there.

He probably could have donated that money out of his own pocket and wouldn't have been too impacted.

He actually did get money. $1 million in welfare bucks for speeches which he never gave. The state auditor made him give it back but he refused to pay the interest the auditor says he owes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lake of Methane posted:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/kyrgyzstan-says-border-outposts-under-tajik-fire-again-2022-09-16/

Both of these countries are part of the CSTO and SCO and still manage to lob artillery at each other.

The CSTO is as dead as Putin and Trump wanted NATO to be.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arrath posted:

Holy gently caress

Quick someone photoshop in a kaiju

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Platystemon posted:

Breaking: a candidate has announced a 2024 presidential run

https://twitter.com/JohnHinckley20/status/1572981115845251072

He did better than Mondale but still not good enough.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh cool so it's loving worthless since EOs get erased by the supreme court all the time, right?

More simple than that. Anything that constrains the executive branch doesn’t apply to the president.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I love that marcellus wallace saying he was going to get some crackheads that will do anything for a buck has been misinterpreted by white people so badly. I’m not faulting you personally, but wanted to point out the origins of the term. I laugh every time I see dumb poo poo like “pipe hitters union” because they’re calling themselves crackheads.

I'm surprised, shocked even, that SEALS/SOF would describe themselves as violent degenerate addicts.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I"ve been seeing some dumb poo poo on social media and all I have to say is
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1573766630643011590

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That Works posted:

Same.

Talk of abandoning New Orleans, Tampa areas etc to the sea comes up everytime a big storm hits the gulf. It gets couched in talk of insurance etc but no ones talking about abandoning Los Angeles when wildfires burn out its suburbs every other year.

Really? I frequently read about how the California big city exurbs have been expanding into wildfire zones and how this is a terrible idea.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A pretty high percentage of football and NASCAR fans are there for the violence and injury. Feature not bug, etc.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TheWeedNumber posted:

Can they get a lock on yo momma?

Nah, she frigid.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

.... Actual justice?

Actual justice would see actual consequences for the entire chain of command that enabled and encouraged the absolute poo poo safety culture on the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah there's a clear poll tightening as Republican voters are coming home to Oz on this crime poo poo and a nonstop Fox News blitz. But nobody's coming home to Mastriano as he's not even trying for anyone but hardcore chuds.

Senator Warnock is only polling 5 points ahead of a violent, incoherent, brain damaged football man. The GOP is insane.