Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:ohno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

orange juche posted:

To add on to this he fobbited so hard the closest he got to combat on deployment was a desk job in Saudi Arabia

GOLD GERMAN ARMED FORCES PROFICIENCY BADGE :lol:

We used to award those as "thank yous" to partner-units from the US when we'd take them to boring-rear end shooting range trips to get their Schützenschnur (because that thing was like catnip to Americans), and got cool-rear end shooting range trips to US shooting ranges as an exchange.
Since the shooting exercises for the badge were the same as for the Schützenschnur, SOP was to have the CO of the visiting unit just provide written confirmation that the applicants fulfilled the other requirements of the badge (15km march in 120mins with 10kg ruck, basic PFT, basic NBC test in MOPP gear and a loving first aid course), and then they wouldn't have to do those in person, because they were all obviously very fit.

Like, the "hardest" part of the badge is the 15km march, but the badge itself - in gold, no less - is nothing more than a "congrats, you've stayed fit enough to be considered :airquote: a soldier :airquote:, and can pass a couple of relatively basic shooting exercises"-award, and we didn't even make visiting units do the fitness portion of it.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 5, 2022

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Goddamn, space is sexy

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

:toot: Get hosed Viktor

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1571423790373937153

(the EU funding is 10% of their GDP)

That...is gonna suck for the people, less for him, no?
I mean, I get that it's gonna impact his political position, so that's a good thing, but man, I feel bad for the little man in the short term

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Get your boosters ASAP, because you're all getting varying cocktails if the finest new hybrid strains sent back into your country courtesy of the Oktoberfest in like 4-8 weeks, because we live in plague inc. reality.

(:cripes:)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That's a reasonably good representation of how I've been feeling in general, especially over the last six months. I don't give a poo poo about how much any given demographic may have "deserved" to be in any given situation, human beings deserve to be taken care of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

I tend to give people a lot of leeway when they're giving the "they deserve it" thing because they're just really angry and hoping *someone* gets a comeuppance.

Because in this country, the main perpetrator most deserving of a comeuppance usually just gets a promotion.

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1574888408672964608?t=SA36h-1WgH2Y9EibkJuHcQ&s=19

Oh, I don't mind someone getting their comeuppance as a concept, but the generalization for entire groups or swathes of people (out of proximity or involvement with whichever person or group of people may actually "deserve it") is kinda where it goes into feel-bad territory for me.

- Texas energy crisis in cold weather due to a fake "energy independence"? Yeah, the Republicans deserve to eat poo poo for it (which they didn't, because it was somehow the Green New Deal's fault, welp), but the entire state is hit, and every voter - regardless of party - and non-voter is now suffering.
- Human-garbage politician dies of cancer? Part of me feels good that this politician will no longer be able to spread lies and gently caress over more unfortunate people, but I've had too many friends and family be affected by cancer to cheer for that. Also, gently caress cancer.
- Country getting cut off from financial aid on account of their head of state being a shitheel? Happy that it'll impact the political ambitions of said head of state, but the poorest folks in that country are probably going to pay the biggest price in that.

I'll reserve to amend or revisit this statement if/when Tucker Carlson ever meets a grisly demise.