Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ZombieApostate posted:

Is there any legal argument to be made that a judge appointed by a defendant must recuse themselves from the trial? I'm guessing no, because that would actually require forethought, but I don't actually know anything.

I'd assume not, otherwise wouldn't supreme court justices appointed during a sitting presidents term be required to recuse themselves anytime the government is a party to case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You don't need to be terribly smart to set up solar. You just need to be able to follow directions. Also understand electric code if you intend for it to be insurable.

Doesn't look like 60kw of storage to me but I've never seen a tesla battery up close.

E: if you're going to buy a Taurus, don't. But if you do, the revolvers are at least drop safe.

If I saw that kind of wiring and storage job hooked up to a large battery I would run the gently caress out of the room.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The Queen may not be doing so hot right now.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1567843135979397121

I’ve seen other tweets suggesting that the Royal Family is rushing to see her, and others claiming that it’s all precautionary.

Its alright they just have to select a few peasents to sacrifice and the god queen should be good for another few years.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Arrath posted:

Oh hell yes. That game ruled. And continued the tradition of Oddjob being overpowered as hell, cause his hat had insane aim assist and could nail cross map shots.

That game was notablr for sitting in a corner with an rc helo, an rc tank, or an rc missile.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

if the executive has "dream" classifying ability wouldn't they have the ability to give someone a document that isn't classified to someone with no clearence, classify it top secret and then arrest them for mishandling classified intel?

e:Never mind twitter dude brings it up.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

Knew a guy who stole a claymore to kill a deer.

What like a specific deer or...?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Grip it and rip it posted:

Yeah I don't disagree with any of this but deciding to broach the subject as a massive hurricane bears down on the USA is aggressively lovely. Like I said addressing climate change is one thing - holding a pending disaster over the heads of people who have to contend with it most directly is bullshit.

To be fair some idiot with a gun is gonna make it infrastructure week soon enough and we'll all pretty much put this into the back of the collective consciousness until the next time some other flood/hurricane prone area gets pasted. So if not now it'd be never.

Edit: personally id like to extend the flood policy to the entire state of arizona. That place is a testament to mans hubris and should probably be turned into a nature/cultural heritage site

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 29, 2022

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Add Arizona to my list of states that need to be fenced off.

This guy gets it.

The only redeeming feature of Arizona that I am personally aware of are the border towns with the most delicious foods and the party don't stop at 6pm.

Knowing my luck and Arizona I probably just praised a meth distribution and prostitution hub without realizing it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

stealie72 posted:

The Great Lakes. They're boring but they're safe, and their extreme weather events generally rack up single digit body counts.

Georgia, we get some amount of tornados that do some amount of damage every year and Savanah rarely gets put under water, which will resolve itself in a few decades when it will be underwater the entire time.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

TheWeedNumber posted:

Dear White People,

Why do you always wanna betray America? I’ve never heard of any black, Latin/Hispanic, or Asian person that has pulled a Benedict Arnold. And always for loving cheap. In this case free!

Sincerely,

Your local Paraguayan/Egyptian American.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Montes posted:

Ana Belén Montes[1] (born February 28, 1957) is a former American senior analyst at the Defense Intelligence Agency in the United States who spied on behalf of the Cuban government for 17 years.[2] On September 21, 2001, Montes was arrested and subsequently charged with conspiracy to commit espionage for the government of Cuba. Montes pleaded guilty to spying and in October 2002, was sentenced to a 25-year prison term followed by five years' probation

and now you've heard of one :D.

Had an FBI dude come in and talk about how people get recruited to do espionage and he said they're all really cheap usually because they're either ideologically motivated or they're already in serious debt and need quick cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In short: Arizona's cool! Just don't go to Phoenix.

If you want to preserve this beauty then fencing off Arizona from the vast majority of people is probably the best way to do this.