Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

facialimpediment posted:

A big, fat, stinking question is why did he have emptied classified folders? I'm guessing these aren't just the typical classification cover sheets, so uh, that's a big thing.

pmchem posted:

so uhhh, those empty folders, where'd the docs... go? :stare:

i don't get what's so confusing about it. he declassified those documents. that's why they're not in the classified folders any more. duh. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Not sure how relevant this is for most people, but CloudFlare dropped and blocked KiwiFarms, finally. It's full of apologist bullshit ("This is an extraordinary decision for us to make and, given Cloudflare's role as an Internet infrastructure provider, a dangerous one that we are not comfortable with" :qq:), but, hey, good news is good news.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Part of it is because "the people we elect to govern us, whom we trust to make decisions in our best interests" is not the mindset a large amount of voters have, it's "government is bad, and so I will elect people who also think government is bad".

People are morons.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

SquirrelyPSU posted:

:siren: Rainier is doing poo poo :siren:

what does this mean

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
thanks, i did a quick google but no news showed up and i wasn't sure if it was in regards to the mountain or some other poo poo

big deal, i do that every morning

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:rip:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

whatever this is was gone the instant you posted it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Old Boot posted:

Speaking of trauma, I wish like hell I'd been catastrophizing when I posted about this before but

https://twitter.com/g0ingmad/status/1568270967771746310

We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What the gently caress is an at risk adult, and I’m far north of 30, am I likely to be vaccinated? I don’t have any idea where my vac records are, but it was 3 pages last time I looked at it circa 2014.

My father in law had polio as a child, been messed up by it his whole life. I know loving nothing about the disease because it was considered eradicated here before I was even born.

Goddamn, anyone know why we’re seeing these cluster fucks so much more frequently since like 2010?

it's impossible to say for sure but there are a few reasons

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:yeshaha:

i so hope that the mattering is finally here

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

CBJSprague24 posted:

The foolishness of this as someone recently on Twitter aptly pointed out is that MAGA HAS no martyrs.

You either succeed or you're a loser and a failure.

maga cannot fail, it can only be failed

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

BadOptics posted:

The script with the Admin/password is dumb, but the main thing is that they, the hacker, was able to use social engineering to gain access; once you can get on an intranet and start escalating privileges then eventually you'll find something weak on a network. Basically the weak point, like everything in IT, was a person sitting in front of the computer.

on one hand, yes, getting access to an intranet endpoint is a big deal, but on the other hand leaving your admin creds out in plain text somewhere is still beyond asinine. sometimes a flame escapes the stove, but that doesn't mean that the gigantic mess of grease all around it isn't a huge contributor. :v:

not really looking forward to finding out in a few years about how this was turned into (or always was) some weird child sex cult or, god forbid, one of those "behavioral school" black sites

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

ASAPI posted:

Remember when the GOP kept claiming that people were altering votes? Remember how angry they were that someone was cheating the election?

As usual, the GOP was projecting their crimes into a situation. We now have video of the voting machines being tampered with in Georgia:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/politics/surveillance-footage-coffee-county-georgia-fake-trump-elector/index.html

I really hope there are long and difficult prison sentences in the future for these people.

i am absolutely shocked :geno:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
alternatively: mortal police

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

bird food bathtub posted:

So Alex Jones just got kicked in the legal dick. Turns out bankruptcy lawyers don't like you setting up blisteringly obvious shell corporations, charging yourself $50+ million through them and claiming you're so totally broke you just have to be poor oh woe is me how will I ever pay these fines now guess I'm bankrupt.

Jones' lawyers are fired from the bankruptcy proceedings, Infowars ownership is getting handed over to an unrelated third party and for some reason that person has to spend Infowars' money suing Alex Jones himself. I don't understand the legalese on that last bit honestly but it sounds funny as poo poo.

Is that actually happening? I saw mentions of it on Twitter. Is he busy fending off multiple lawsuits/court cases and one of them finally bit?

I knew he had the TX case and the ongoing CT case, but those were both civil suits and not the bankruptcy stuff.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I actually completely forgot those were still going on because of the TX/CT cases, so that's a big hearty :lol:. get hosed jones

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Should've been a Pepsi

he's a billionaire, not a cop :rolleyes:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
hello yes operator? i would like to participate in Crimes

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
a lot of stuff also isn't just the location but also the government and how States Rights a given place is. like as much as i love to poo poo on las vegas, nevada gives us legal weed and my driver's license gender marker is an x, and those are both things that are iirc not available in a majority of other states

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'd like to move to the PNW but I have no clue where and it feels like the entire area has become ridiculously expensive (probably because everyone else would also like to move to the PNW).

My apartment's lease isn't up until April but that doesn't mean I can't panic about it now :smith:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

"I could tell it wasn't the same guy that I was used to seeing," McDaniel said. "It was a scary moment. He was evaluated for a concussion. He's in the concussion protocol, but he's being discharged.

"It's an emotional moment. It's not a part of the deal you sign up for. His teammates and myself were very concerned, but he got checked out and it's nothing more serious than a concussion."

you know, just a little boo boo, nbd

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Grip it and rip it posted:

Tua's dad did an interview where he admitted to whipping Tua with a belt when he threw interceptions

I don't know how to put into words how I feel about hearing this. :smith: Glad that it's considered abhorrent (and rare?) enough to be worth mentioning, I guess.

I hope the guy's okay.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

TheWeedNumber posted:

Can they get a lock on yo momma?

don't need a lock to hit a target that big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar