Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I had the JJ single shot to start, and one booster once I could, moderna I think. Past time for my next booster, I think. Though I probably had covid a few months ago (felt Not Great, slightest of positive lines on two at home tests) but might as well get jabbed again. So far, nothing more than the "feel like I got punched in the arm for a day" side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Meanwhile, the Pfizer shots just made me feel weird for a day after getting them, in a manner that's very hard to explain.

Oh dude I know what you mean. I had that too, I call it brain fog. It was weird. Like, have you ever been so tired and/or hungover that your perception feels slightly off from reality? Like you turn your head, but all your senses are a split second behind that motion? It was that, and it was loving weird as hell.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Cripes that buried lede.

Hooooooooooly poo poo

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

SA's helldump with an extra decade to metastasize

like, literally, it started as an offsite for the chris-chan thread here

Once again SA related fallout causes outsized effect.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

So the UK`s new PM is the lady who said fracking was the cure to all their ills, and would be back in the table the instant she has that power, right?

How long until fracking mud joins the sewage discharges in the rivers and ocean?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

56k was enough for me to play Aliens Online back in the 90s so this checks out.

I spent far too much of my life playing WoW on 56k from '04 to, like '09, so

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

56k was too much. It should have stopped at 9600 baud

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nerds don't have shoebox calves from carrying their 50 pound CRT monitor up and down the basement stairs of their friends house anymore

That heavy magnetic clunk and following thrum of degaussing a CRT monitor was one of the most atomic age sounds, I swear.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Soul Dentist posted:

Looks like it's time for me to plug James Bond 007: Nightfire for the amazing multiplayer on Gamecube. That's probably a solo row as well though

Oh hell yes. That game ruled. And continued the tradition of Oddjob being overpowered as hell, cause his hat had insane aim assist and could nail cross map shots.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A bunch of heads of state piled onto a coach bus to attend a funeral sounds like the wacky concentration of targets that would seem outlandish for setting the stage of London Has Fallen.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

fknlo posted:

How stupid do you have to be to not ditch your phone the moment they start getting seized for things that you were definitely in on?

Iron clad belief that Trump will drain the swamp before the wheels of justice can grind them to a pulp?

Good ole boys club privilege and the assumption that they're above the law?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Platystemon posted:

How is air pressure in plastic being described as a “detonation”?

This isn’t, like, a tank for SCUBA that can take a couple hundred atmospheres.

"Container (possibly violently) ruptured from overpressure" doesn't inspire as much fear.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Carteret posted:

No one is talking about the Rail Strike that could potentially cripple the economy on Friday? Sick sick sick

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/13/business/railroad-strike-outlook-economic-impact/index.html

I work UPS adjacent and it's been a nightmare all week

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/business/railroad-strike-outlook-economic-impact/index.html

Something about your link is all hosed up.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I covered an entire (outer) wall of my cubicle with training certs one year. That year I think I had over 30 courses assigned to me. I mean why send me certs if not to print them out??

Just to highlight what a goddamn waste of time it all was.

Don't accept bribes, don't offer bribes, don't bully, don't harass, don't go to sporting events with tickets from vendors, and don't click on fishy links. Got it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

You failed.
Did we really have to make it explicit to not rape?

Sorry I'm not mil, so rape wasn't explicitly covered in the training. Just sexual harassment.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Holy gently caress

Quick someone photoshop in a surfer

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

You. I like you.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Who knew a taser and a baton won't do you much good when the crowd won't come at you 1 by 1 like a martial arts flick.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

"Could have been a dangerous situation"

K

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I got one of those 5L mini-kegs from Costco over the weekend. Time to tap that baby.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/09/judge-rules-charter-must-pay-1-1-billion-after-murder-of-cable-customer/

quote:

Charter Communications must pay over $1.1 billion to the estate and family of an 83-year-old woman murdered in her home by a Spectrum cable technician, a Dallas County Court judge ruled yesterday.

A jury in the same court previously ordered Charter to pay $7 billion in punitive damages and $337.5 million in compensatory damages. Judge Juan Renteria lowered the award in a ruling issued yesterday.

The damages are split among the estate and four adult children of murder victim Betty Thomas. Renteria did not change the compensatory damages but lowered the punitive damages awarded to the family to $750 million. Pre-judgment interest on the damages pushes Charter's total liability to over $1.1 billion.

As one of the commenters says, Comcast's service may suck, but at least they haven't killed my parents.

Sure, its a large judgment, but barely a few percent of Charter's revenue for the year the murder took place.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh, no.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Naramyth posted:

Participating in an insurrection and it’s not even close

Stolen valor happens all the time

One makes you an rear end in a top hat, the other is a hanging offence.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

And his girlfriend goes to a different school, no doubt.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

Rule number 1 after finishing BUDS

I thought that was "publish a book"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

The most likable troop I know irl thinks stolen valor is hilarious because "who would want to pretend to be in the military". Well, we found him

This reminds me of a post I saw re: "dreaming about being in high school even though I'm 40"

One guy commented about having dreams about being back in, and even while dreaming thinking "There is no way I was dumb enough to reenlist what the gently caress is going on"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh cool so it's loving worthless since EOs get erased by the supreme court all the time, right?

"We hereby vacate this EO on the grounds that Trump would reap what he sowed and that is just unconscionable."

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Tropical storm Ian update: things are looking ominous, and we’re running out of time for conditions to shift

If Ian hits near the centreline of forecast, with the strength and speed forecast, things will be very bad for Tampa. The east‐side eyewall would drive a powerful storm surge through the bay, linger, and drop a ton of rain.

We’re also getting spring tide this week.

Sorry, I can't give credence to this plot until I see where the holy sharpie says the storm track will go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

loving hell I go to the wrong milsurp outlets.