Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is seriously the craziest story. What was the reporter originally investigating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

SA full of virgins, checks out.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

I bet it's been a long time since he's successfully wiped his own rear end.

“Ivan- Melania! Get in here!”

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The master of my Masonic lodge was in the military and one time we were talking about stolen valor stuff and his take on it was really interesting. He was a “paper pusher” in logistics and is quite open about how he never even left the United States. But he was still in the military and assuredly did something that was important in many small and big ways. He says one issue with these stolen valor people is that a lot of them were in jobs like his, they get out and see all the positive praise the actually deployed shooters get, the “hero and bravery” stuff, and somewhere in their warped mind they start asking themselves “well what about me?” Like, they feel entirely unrecognized and left out of the general public praise for the pipe hitters. They want in on it. So they start misrepresenting what they did in the military and it just snowballs all the gently caress of the way from there. Watching that Don Shipley guy, a lot of the stolen valor idiots he goes after fall into this group. They’ll have been a petty officer or whatever on some ship that hung out on the east coast for a year and turn that into “deployed with navy seals” because one time a seal was in the cafeteria with them.

But there seems to be plenty of others that are a) insane and never even attempted to join the military and build some wild bullshit persons or b) washed out extremely early but cannot ever, ever, admit to themselves their failures so instead hide behind a bunch of increasingly bigger lies to prevent ego implosion.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

As a medical student I saw a ~6 year old girl in the icu permanently locked into a response like that after her father kicked her in the head multiple times. The fingers flexed so hard they had to tape gauze rolls in her palms to prevent the fingernails from biting in. I have never ever felt so much anger and sadness in my entire life but in that one moment. Why this is happening in a entertainment sport where it should be 1000% preventable after years (two good solid decades?) of research into it is a travesty.