Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Brute Squad posted:

Has anyone checked on NSA Wizard? I worry about them in these trying times.

I wonder. Re-defining day drinking, or just joker laughing and giving up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

I hope some stroke out over it.

I have no idea what the speech was about

He said MAGA republicans are extremists, a danger to democracy, and political violence is not an acceptable tool in a democracy. So of course they're gonna freak out.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

In addition, gotta meet the voters where they are. Giving pure positive Americana imagery for a speech like that in a country where only 30% think we're on the wrong track isn't going to work and Republicans will still accuse Biden of calling them Nazis.

Plus we won't be talking about that speech after Next Trump Controversy X and it wasn't even broadcast on the networks that wide. I was watching two college football games.

I'd rather have the president kicking up a stink about the fascist take over of one political parties than spend another decade trying to reach across the aisle to our moderate friends and find a center point between "maybe have a functioning society?" and "Nah gently caress that hang everyone darker than a paper bag, drag anyone not straight behind a truck, and win "elections" by force of arms if the numbers dont go our way"

Shits real, bad, and real bad. High time we drop the rose colored glasses and start talking reality.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well that's awesome.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
They're half way to a good point with the idea that no new ground can be broken in the corporate internet's parking lot, but they just can't get over the concept that the ground they're trying to break is lovely bigotry and organized harassment.

Real shame about them getting attacked in an organized fashion. Yep.....reeeeeeeal shame. Never seen the site, any chance they get hacked or insider threat-ed and every one of them gets doxxed? That'd just be the ultimate shame right there. Something something living by the sword.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Arrath posted:

So the UK`s new PM is the lady who said fracking was the cure to all their ills, and would be back in the table the instant she has that power, right?

How long until fracking mud joins the sewage discharges in the rivers and ocean?

Ocean, maybe. Rather optimistic to assume there's going to continue to be rivers. Empty canyons scoured clean every time there's once-in-a-century flooding sounds more likely.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That's all well and nice but have any of you considered Her Emails, and further, Hunter Biden laptop fake news?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It's funny how they square "no one can challenge how we change the weight of peoples votes to suit us" with "our power comes from the people voting for us".
But you have to wonder where they see that ending.

With them in power and "gently caress you" for the rest?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ASAPI posted:

I expected this decision, after all Hobby Lobby won their "religious freedom" suit as it pertains to insurance and birth control.

What surprised me was the reasoning for the ruling, which seems more batshit insane than normal.

Federalist society only lost its court stacking majority a few years ago. We've got loving DECADES of this poo poo coming with just what they've done so far, and the people put in those places are going to keep reaching further and further.

And the next time they get that majority back they're gonna go buck wild on everything, everywhere to make it worse.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I bounced a thrown brick off the front of a CRT from a good five feet away. drat near hit me back for my impudence.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Fetterman better step on Joe's nuts and run in '24. He has the twitter troll game to crush trump.

If the only thing Fetterman did during a presidency was keep the lights on and de-schedule weed I'd vote so hard it would break the screen.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like I got the Lindell thing wrong - it's apparently not connected to the fake electors, but connected to the Colorado clerk Tina Peters that brought people in the breach election equipment (and leak it to Lindell).

https://twitter.com/KELLYWEILL/status/1569904248443355137?t=g_bovPloYqxUahdh0Sb82Q&s=19

Its a pretty Nothing Matters situation though. Unless people like Lindell, specifically, themselves, end up in jail it's a range from meaningless to counter productive. If a low level flunky/true believing idiot gets bagged that's just a bigger bloody t-shirt they get to wave for the rest of the braying MAGA masses. Until the loudest mouths start suffering consequences everything is a bonus for them.

Which is not to say that it's guaranteed to go positively for everyone else if they do start getting nailed. Not a major leap to see some of these fuckers publish "My Struggles; An autobiography of how I learned to hate the liberals" and repeat history from there. It's at least a better chance of shutting their poo poo down than what's going on now though.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Carteret posted:

No one is talking about the Rail Strike that could potentially cripple the economy on Friday? Sick sick sick

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/13/business/railroad-strike-outlook-economic-impact/index.html

I work UPS adjacent and it's been a nightmare all week

Hmm, a series of infrastructure and enterprises vital to the nation being disrupted because private ownership prioritizes personal wealth extraction over the functioning of the nation. Sounds like there's a compelling interest to tell them to go gently caress themselves sideways with a rusty cactus and transfer that ownership to something else, possibly a little more national.

lol just kidding, in the sage words of one Gambino, "This is America".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
No discipline for taking medical leave? Until proven otherwise I'm putting that in the same pile of bullshit as their open door policy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A.o.D. posted:

How the hell is SovCit compatible with fascism? Fascism demands complete control and fealty. It will not tolerate anyone who even pretends to exercise any independent authority.

Is this one of those "tankies backing fascists" 2022 broke brained politics things?

For as much as any generalizing can be done with a divergent group of broke brained loonies as SovCits; they seem to be pretty OK with control over other people, it's they themselves that have been treated unfairly so they've had to learn the sacred words to cast the law-spells that make them immune. Yeah sure they piss and moan about oppressive tyranny and yadda yadda wank wank to play the victim, but almost everything I've seen in their actions is about themselves and their grievances.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So Alex Jones just got kicked in the legal dick. Turns out bankruptcy lawyers don't like you setting up blisteringly obvious shell corporations, charging yourself $50+ million through them and claiming you're so totally broke you just have to be poor oh woe is me how will I ever pay these fines now guess I'm bankrupt.

Jones' lawyers are fired from the bankruptcy proceedings, Infowars ownership is getting handed over to an unrelated third party and for some reason that person has to spend Infowars' money suing Alex Jones himself. I don't understand the legalese on that last bit honestly but it sounds funny as poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

not caring here posted:

There's no fuckin' way that isn't a diaper.

There was open speculation years ago that he has incontinence issues, I think as a side effect of a medication. Been around for years though. Guy is either a record breaking white boy badonkadonk or leaks in his pants all day.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Stay safe hurricane hunter goon whose name I have forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Right wing poo poo heads will take every dollar of it and spit in Biden's face for giving it to them. They're the good people they deserve it, everyone not of their chosen in-group are manipulative and undeserving and Biden is the illegitimate leader.