Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Going to try to schedule my 4th covid booster and flu shot the next time I have two days off in a row. Got that combo last year and I was completely out of commission for the following 24 hours, OTOH I am looking forward to not dying of covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Reactions really vary.

I got nothing but a little soreness in the arm on the first shot. Second shot made me uncomfortable but functional for thirty‐six hours (two nights, one day)—fever, aches, fatigue. Third shot was like the second but much stronger. I wasn’t bedridden, but I just felt awful.

So I was not looking forward to the fourth shot, but I got it and then… nothing. Not even a sore arm. Five months later I got a fifth and it didn’t do anything to me, either. This is with no history of infection.

That’s just my experience, though. Some people do keep having strong reactions. It will be interesting to see if my body sounds the general alarm for the new spike or if it shrugs it off like it did the last two times.

Interesting how it can vary so wildly. I got the Pfizer two dose vaccine at the beginning of the pandemic, and apart from feeling like someone had punched me in the arm for about half a day after each shot, I felt absolutely fine. The following Moderna booster and flu shot I got after that knocked me on my rear end for a whole day straight though, easily. Not sure why, maybe because I got both of them together?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

getting flashbacks to Spec Ops: The Line

That was such a neat game. Post climate apocalypse Dubai was just the coolest setting.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

It's also a Something Awful spinoff like 4chan, so be prepared for an influx of shitheads life rafting back here to lurk.

It's amazing how many of the most toxic cesspits on the internet can be directly traced back to SA.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The Irish reunification of 2024 will commence as planned.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Love how we're on warp speed towards 1980's Satanic Panic 2.0, but this time with more mass murder.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1570026860746084353

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Some extremely cursed energy in this photo.