Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh hey, I'm playing this now!

I don't know if they raised Lillina's growths or if she's just determined to solo the entire game, but she's maxed drat near every stat and is easily my MVP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Cattail Prophet posted:

Just uploaded the chapter 2 screenshots, here's a sneak peek:

Do we have a new Fir already?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Shanna has a (deserved) bum rap, but the biggest perk of being a GBA Pegasus Knight is that, unless the RNG just actively hates you, they can at least function as a dodge tank

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Shanna sees your posts and will proceed to max her stats out of sheer spite

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I will ALWAYS believe in Shanna

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I am curious to see how your Lillina turns out. On my playthrough she maxed drat near everything, only falling a couple points short in defense and HP

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Man, I was gonna be responsible and finish Super Metroid Subversion on my day off and go to bed at a reasonable(ish) hour, and then you had to go and post this

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I am always down for more knights, but I might be biased ever since a knight named Wallace stole my heart.

Also that extra move actually makes them viable in this mod. The creator did a good job making them all unique as possible, but I don't think deploying more than 2 would regularly be a good idea. I like versatility in my team

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, and Wendy

...What? Literally no one uses her in the base game. Let's give her a shot this time

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's sealed behind a 10,000 year old retinal scanner. Fortunately, Roy can still unlock it

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
In other words, Shanna soloed the entire map and got 10 levels, each with a point of strength

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Agreed. The army has 2 missions, in order if importance.

1) Make sure Gonzales the Goodest Cinnamon Roll is happy

2) Save the world if they get a minute

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Wendy, Lillina, Bors, Barthe, and may the Prophet choose the others

And Route B because moustache

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Moustache power should never be underestimated

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
L'Arachel is the standard all Troubadors should aspire to be

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's really hard to end up with a completely useless Shanna because even the worst GBA Pegasus Knight can usually dodge-tank but...seriously girl, you better get some Pledge and clean that bench because that'll probably be your new home soon

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I vote to deploy mandatory lesbian so they can prove how brave they are

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If we're going by cuteness can we hack Wallace in?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
My favorite thing about supports is their existence implies that when someone isn't plot relevant or on the battlefield, they're just following the resident Lord in silence which makes the army seem like a cult.

And to be fair if I saw a completely silent group of 50 or so people I'd be far more terrified than if I saw a rowdy one

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
My favorite quirk in the GBA games is that a single blessed Pegasus Knight can pretty much solo the entire game

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

I still remember having a Florina in FE7 who snowballed so hard after several blessed levels that I started letting her handle tricky situations on her own. That was a fun run for sure.

I once had a Vanessa I'm still not entirely convinced wasn't Ephraim with a wig. It was the only time I sent her down the Wyvern path because she was determined to get big without suffering a scratch

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I miss Gwendolyn

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Get Cath later. Chest keys exist for a reason. And I kinda like the idea that while Roy is doing all this Cath is having her own adventure and finds another legendary weapon

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Galick posted:

So why -are- the unique weapons called prfs?

Pretty
Rad
Fuck off, it's mine

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Only one healer? Man, if the other half of the party needs help they better call Saul

I'll see myself out

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Cattail Prophet posted:

:confused: I like Geese fine, sometimes things just don't line up and that's OK. Bors and Barthe didn't get any levels either, it happens. Hell, Geese got more experience than both of them and also Roy, but he had to start from literally zero thanks to not getting a chance to do anything last time.

The thing about Gonzalez is also that he's relatively RNG-proof. Not quite as much as, say, Jafar, but close enough because of 3 reasons (unless PE changed anything)

1) He gets an insane Skill boost upon promotion
2) He promotes to a Berserker in a GBA game
3) His starting HP

The absolute worst case scenario for Gonzalez is he's a Berserker who misses 1/3 - 1/4 of the time and gets knocked sideways by magic, but criticals don't miss and he should be carrying nothing but Killer Axes by that point anyways

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 2, 2023

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

I'm reasonably certain that you have to roll a successful hit before a potential critical is considered. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

Oops. I haven't played these in years and never actually delved into the mechanics. Either way, anything that promotion boost doesn't fix a Secret Book or two will but really he'll still be more than usable without them. He's just even more murder-y with them

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Man, Raigh is already gunning for the endgame party

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Wait

Does Cecile actually have somewhat decent stats?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh drat, I forgot to vote. I give all my votes to the Prophet

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If the Roy/Sue pairing got a trophy like Trails of Cold Steel, it'd be called "A Roy Named Sue".

That's all I got

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That Wendy is terrifying

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Just send Cecilia and Sophia against everyone. I'm sure they'll be fine

(All LP'ers choice)

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That Lugh isn't useless. He can do two damage. Twice. That's four damage.

That Sophia is starting off strong, though. She's actually showing promise. Kinda like a not-late Nino

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
All my votes to Gonzalez because that sweet, ugly bastard deserves a chance for us to love him

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 20, 2023

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Gonzalez might get jealous of yet another axe user so let's make him happy by voting for him 11 times. The poor guy has been through so much

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Faillen Angel posted:

I think Beard Lowen predates PE; I remember it in like, Elibean Nights and such.

Oooooh that's another good hack. I had a lot of fun with that one

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
"Fuckin' Nomads everywhere" has lived rent free in my head for far too long for just this moment so I'm voting for Sacae

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Gonzalez is the exception to my "promote only at 20" rule. He's gonna slam into his HP, Strength, and Speed caps hard no matter what, and he REALLY wants that insane Skill boost he gets at promotion (although I don't know if they kept that in Project Ember).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Hey, even 15% happens some of the time. I don't think scientists know how often, though