Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i've heard this plays very, very differently from vanilla FE6 (to various people's chagrin or joy), and am interested to see where this ride goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

It's not for everyone, I'll admit. Supposedly the overall feel of combat is modeled after New Mystery, but it's been long enough since I've played 12 that I can't really speak to how well it achieved that.

the detractor i heard said something like, "this plays so differently from vanilla FE6 that i genuinely don't even know what the romhacked liked about the game. the character designs?"

and there's like 25 more chapters to find out what he meant!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Accept, will assume you’ll get more mileage out of the promo gains sooner rather than later

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

if i ever do download ember i'm going to appreciate all the info i can get on how the gameplay's different, who gets what PRFs, etc etc, so i absolutely wouldn't begrudge you posting it all as part of your updates

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

let Marcus do some more stuff before letting him ride off into the sunset with a pension from his service in FE7 and this game imo

anyway, aside from him, Rutger, Clarine, Alan, Lance, Shanna, and four more of OP's choice

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Rutger, Marcus, flex for the other 10

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i seriously thought mordred was zephiel and guinevere's father's name before just now

also was not expecting this boss to be recruitable

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Huh, is that an Ember thing or have FE6 enemies always just not had a luck stat beyond invisible Hard Mode bonus levels?

iirc generic enemies have traditionally had low to nonexistent luck throughout the series? i only remember them having noticeable luck stats in radiant dawn, and that game's weird in a lot of ways

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I was wondering if Henning was still stacked and while he is, PE actually gives you the appropriate tools to deal with him

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oh wow, I did not time either of those screenshots very well. Etruria and the Isles are both barely highlighted.

are you not recording footage and then grabbing screens from it after the fact?

also voting Route A, and Zelot, Rutger, Sue and Shanna and everyone else is flex

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

rutger, sin, flex

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

even with micaiah she gains immediate physic access after she stops being combat viable on harder modes, so she always has some utility no matter what

quote:

Thea is another character that I think is slightly overtuned, though not to the same extent as Trec. Mostly my problem is that she pretty much entirely obsoletes her sister, so maybe it's just that Shanna is undertuned? Thea's always been the slightly stronger, slower alternative, but now her growths look more like a wyvern rider who picked the wrong mount. Which is all well and good, except that her base speed is already so high that it's barely even a drawback. She'll almost certainly still hit 20 before promoting, and doesn't have to get that lucky to cap it afterwards either.

so basically she's FE3/12 palla now but with the wing spear, that's legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

thea, rutger, sin, flex