Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
B for Bartre!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
I find this map to be comparable to Conquest Map 10 with all the side objectives. Very fun, but very challenging. The lack of dancer means solutions are less flexible than the Echidna map, especially on Hard or Maniac.

My solution was to rescue drop a recruited Klein over to a javelin-baited Thea the turn after she appears so that her pegasus squad become a non-factor. The axe bros and Lilina are able to proceed to the houses and Gonzales, taking advantage of how the Warrior cannot use its weapons. Tanking the reinforcement cavalry in the southern part of the corridor, pre-baiting enemy archers, and yet more rescue dropping allows the NPC archers to make their escape.

NeoRonTheNeuron fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 29, 2022

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Nice, looks like you have it under control!

Full HP Sin (HP 31, Def 9) can tank Gonzales (Atk 38), and Scollan is beaten by another round of arrows from Sin and Debias.
Your Klein can reach a Tate that gets baited south, and the archer buddies are in a safe spot until the cavalry reinforcements arrive. They should be due any moment now.

I never considered clearing out the right side or breaking the right wall. Feels wrong to split the army so much, but your way seems better. My decision to break the central corridor wall drew Klein's archers into reach of the cav reinforcements, making it harder to manage.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Ugh, that AI archer pathing was dreadful. :D Nice work surviving that and the Pegasus swarm.

Good thing the NPC archers were tanky and dodgy enough that you could bait with Treck.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Recruit Cath as late as convenient

Cath provides free lockpicks/vulns each time she appears. She might unlock a few doors but tends to clog up the map. If she ever gets in the way, recruit her. Otherwise, delay her recruitment as long as possible.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Hope the 1 healer thing works. I don't like using items, but the team being split almost makes using them mandatory.

Begrudgingly accepting Tate would allow you the votes to field 2 healers. Tate is safer on the right and can be useful as a rescuer on either side.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Nice job getting that on the first try!

The mega reinforcements are a surprise, and the sudden warriors in the throne room don't help. It's possible to milk every bit of experience out with the brave bow and rescue/dancer/canto kiting, but it's very rough. Better just to leave before the gaiden time limit.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Lalum is amazed by how well you're doing. She'd surely be more impressed if you kept winning with the lowest leveled units: Lance(10), Dorothy(11), Lot(12), Wade(12), Alen(12), Fir(12)

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Since Roy + Merlinus are locked, then let's vote for the 14 lowest leveled chars. (We can stop once everyone hits 20.)

Elffin
Dorothy 11
Astolfo 11 (as the thief)
Fir 12
Wade 12
Lot 12
Alan 13
Lance 13
Lugh 13
Rutger 13
Thea 13
Ogier 14
Dieck 14
Shanna 14

Roy's promoting, so he and Miledy can be the frontline. :D (I fully expect the final results to tilt more towards PROMOTIONS.)

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Poor Elen. It's only downhill from here.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Lowest levels excluding horses. Reviewing the list, that's pretty low level.

Since Roy and the thieves are coming, let's take:
Elffin
Lugh 13
Shanna 14
Rutger 13
Wade 12
Lot 12
Dieck 14
Dorothy 11

At worst, Cecilia is a healer, who can pair with Elffin, and we are likely to get a different healer off the votes.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
I never knew about Ossa. What a strange easter egg.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Looking at the low-level units...
Shanna 14 (flying)
Rutger 13
Wade 12
Lot 12
Dieck 14
Dorothy 11 (3-range)
Sophia 10 (magic)

There are too many 15s, so let's pick reasonably useful people:
Geese 15 (water)
Noah 15 (rescue)
Saul 18 (healing and magic after promotion)
Elffin

There's no time limit or reinforcements, IIRC, so you can take your time even if some units end up stranded. Roy can tank everything for everyone else to clean up.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
We believe in you!

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Since Roy, Lilina, and Elphin are going, and Igrene, Perceval, and Garret join, we should be good on firepower. We must grind up our lowest leveled characters and secure the money.

Dorothy x7
Sophia
Lot
Wade
Astolfo

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Woohoo! Go team low-level! (Gonzales, Trec, Sophia, Dorothy, Dieck) Level up so that we never have to use you again!

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
We should go to Ilia because Shanna needs training.

We'll bring along everyone who wants to talk to Douglas and Zeiss
Perceval, Klein, Cecilia, Elffin, Melady

Thieves are convenient, and we should show off Fae.
Fae, Chad, Astolfo

For the remaining 6 votes, we should baby up some of our lower level people. Let's go Lot x3, Wade x3!
Lot 12.17
Wade 12.70
Sophia 13.45
Dorothy 13.77
Rutger 13.79
Noah 15.79
Bors 15.82
(Everyone else is level 16+, or Shanna 14.78)

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Ilia would've been a great place to bust out Sue and Shin. Now we're likely to draft Shanna in the middle of Sacae. :D

3 cheers for Lot and Wade!

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
I agree that Gonzales is ok to early promote. He will cap HP and has already capped Str/Spd. 3 more levels of restricted growth start to represent wasted XP.

For Cath, I think we chose to wait to recruit her.

This was the last of the Project Ember maps I played, so I'm looking forward to what's coming up next!

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Nice. We'll take these kinds of levels.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Fae, Zeiss, Wade, Lot, Rutger, Dorothy, Noah, Bors, Elffin

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
(13 slots since Douglas is required for Roach)

Marcus, Elffin, Astolfo, Fae for Olden Lance, Etruria, thief, and dragon

This is perfect since we have 9 votes left for the newbies (level 15 and under). Train every last one of them!
Dorothy
Sophia
Lot
Wade
Dieck
Shanna
Rutger
Noah
Zeiss

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
No God Marcus

Voting to salvage the low-level characters, though I'm sure they won't all make it through.

Elffin, Wade, Lot, Dieck, Alen, Shanna, Lugh, Lance, Ogier, Rutger, Noah

For the remaining 3 votes, let's vote for the lowest-leveled archers. Dorothy, Wolt, Klein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Huh, I thought they'd give enough for everyone to promote by this chapter. Too bad